DeVry University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DeVry University (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was OK. Could have been better....was a bit unorganized. I liked all of the people I interviewed with, everyone was very nice. The only issue I had was the confusion and lack of organization I experienced. the overall experience was just OK, I wasn't that impressed...but it might be a good fit for someone else, you never know.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about work experience..   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DeVry University (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Interview process was streamline. Phone screening through HR Generalist. After phone screening was invited for a personal interview with the Director of Admissions following immediately by the Assistant Director of Admissions. Since I had nothing else to do that day, they pulled me directly into a Panel Interview with the Dean of Student Central, the Director of High School Programs, and Manager of Financial Aid. I received a call the next day with the job offer.

Senior Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Quick...I was already working as a financial office assistant

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, Negotiation

Admissions Advisor I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Applied online 1) Recruiter phone screen, job/responsibilities description, work hours then phone interview - 30 minutes 2) Personality and skills assesment test - 30 minutes 3) 1:1 interview with direct report Hiring Manager- 45 minutes 4) Phone interview with Regional Manager- 45 minutes 4) 1:1 interview with campus Dean of Students - 1 hour 5) Offer then background and drug screen HR staff was very professional, phone calls to set appointments followed up with email confirmations. Standard and behavioral interview questions based on customer service, problem solving and team work. Formal offer in writing with option to review benefits package before accepting offer. Very little room for salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• The usual interview questions, "Walk me through your resume, Why do you want to leave your current employer, Why DeVry, What qualities do you bring to the team, What are your strengths, What are your weaknesses,Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation.

Executive Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Initial interview, was a group interview. Second interview was a panel interview.

Negotiation

I spoke with HR who told me what the salary was. I asked for a higher salary and HR and I went back and forth, and I was able to get more than what was initially offered.

Student Finance Consultant I Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Interview

Phone,In-person interview and personality test. Interviews went very well but they promoted within, that is a good look to me because that shows they are loyal to there employees. I can respect that

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online on a monday, recieved a phone call from a recruiter the next day after I applied. She set up a phone interview time for the following day. I spoke with the same person again over the phone. She asked question about my prior work experience and how I would handle different situations, the typical sales interview process. After the phone interview said somebody else will call me to set up an in person interview. She emailed me forms I had to fill out and a personality test, which I did right after the interview. A guy called me the next day to set up a interview time for the following day. I arrived for my interview that friday about five minutes early. I sat in the lobby and waited for about 15-20 minutes after my scheduled interview time, I didn't get offered any water or nothing. A guy and a girl finally came out to come interview me. They said they didn't know about the interview with me and that I didn't have a profile in the system which was bs because I did the forms on the computer the recruiter sent me 2 days prior. I had to give them my extra copies of my resume which I always have with me because I didn't have a profile. (so bring a bunch of resumes when you interview) The guy did pretty much all the talking while the girl wrote notes all over my nice resume. After the basic resume and experience questions he talked mainly about the University, what it had to offer as far as benefits, and the training needed to perform the job, the girl would jump in randomly with a personality question or talk about how difficult the job is. She kept looking at the time while he was asking me questions and talking about devry. It was clear they weren't on the same page at all. Lol. When I was done she asked if I had any questions while she was cleaning up the interview table up, (stacking my resume and grabbing her pen) so I asked a question directed towards the guy to waste more time since clearly it seemed like I was wasting hers. Lol. The guy said they will give me a call if I made the cut to interview with the dean of the school. We shook hands and the guy walked me to the entrance of the school while the girl left after we shook hands. I knew I wasn't going to get the job if she had anything to do with it. Lol. I got a rejection email about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• They asked your basic sales interview questions like "what coud you add to our team"   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

Filled out application online. Was interview over the phone then took personality assessment. Met three separate times with different members of the team. Typically interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment do you exceed in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation.

Associate Dean Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DeVry University (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I received a phone call within 24 hours of my submission. I had an interview with HR which went well. I was then passed on the Dean, Associate Deans and Campus President. Each of these went well. I waited 40 days to get a non response as to whether an offer was forthcoming. I received 3 offers from competitors but wanted to see this situation to completion given i was interested in Devry. Finally, I called back HR and was disappointed that there was no decision. The HR person indicated to me that they were obviously in no hurry to fill the position. This was counter to the information given by the Campus President or Deans. After this I withdrew from the position an accepted an offer with another academic institution. Three days after I withdrew I received an email which didn't even have my name on it indicating they would be pursuing other candidates. Classy.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University (Chesapeake, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

I received a call back in mid-July and interviewed with the Dean of Academic Affairs for a position that began in late August. The first interview was 30 minutes, covering the basics - and there was nothing remarkable about it. I passed the screen. The second interview was a simulated classroom test, teaching to the Dean. He sought a highly interactive style of teaching in which every student would be asked a question at least once per session.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was very difficult but I was asked to compute the CPI in the classroom session.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took what they offered, but the contract was not made available until the day before classes began. This was a bit off-putting but I wanted the job, so I took a chance, and had no regrets.