Deakin University Interview Questions in Australia

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deakin University

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deakin University (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Submitted my application. you must address the selection criteria. Was advised i was shorltisted to interview. Interview confirmation details were great. Interview was a panel. It was formal but friendly. Great opportunity to build relationships. Next stage was a secondary catch up t ogo over the offer and contract. Then followed by a meet and great withthe team. There was constant contact.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to join the higher education sector?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Superb. Very easy, professional and succinct.

Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deakin University (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2011.

Interview

Thee interviewers. 2 from the job department and one from a different department They greet well and start asking general question like where are you from, your education etc. They ask if you have had any experience previously. Even though everything is mentioned on CV, I think they are looking on how you react to questions and how well you will interact to queries.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burwood, New South Wales (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deakin University (Burwood, New South Wales (Australia)) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview was pleasant and consisted of a panel interview via phone. The selection committee made me feel at ease and were happy to answer any questions. The interview was well structured and coordinated and kept to time. The committee stressed the flexibility of the work culture and their emphasis on work/life balance.

Interview Questions

• What innovations have you introduced in your teaching?   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deakin University (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2009.

Interview

Pretty standard process. They short listed the applicants and followed up with a phone interview. The interview was focused on skills and how you want to progress research. I got an offer within 30 days after the interview. It surprised me that I only had to do the phone interview. I was living overseas, so they may not have had the budget to fly people in. It tells me though that they are pretty skill driven, rather than behavioural driven

Interview Questions

• The interview was very predictable. No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation. They have set levels of pay.