Deakin University Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deakin University

Lecturer Interview

I applied online and interviewed via phone. awful experience!!! They were in a rush. They called me 20 mins before the scheduled time because they finished another interview earlier?! I am overseas. don't know if that's the problem. I could hardly hear what they were saying. it was like they conducted the interview in a football stadium with all the noise around!

Interview Questions
    • I could hardly hear what they were saying. based on a few keywords, it sounds standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deakin University.

Submitted my application. you must address the selection criteria. Was advised i was shorltisted to interview. Interview confirmation details were great. Interview was a panel. It was formal but friendly. Great opportunity to build relationships.
    Next stage was a secondary catch up t ogo over the offer and contract. Then followed by a meet and great withthe team. There was constant contact.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to join the higher education sector?   Answer Question
    Superb. Very easy, professional and succinct.

Senior Lecturer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deakin University.

Horrible! They conducted the interview over the phone-could hardly hear what they are saying.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burwood, New South Wales (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burwood, New South Wales (Australia)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deakin University in January 2010.

Interview was pleasant and consisted of a panel interview via phone. The selection committee made me feel at ease and were happy to answer any questions. The interview was well structured and coordinated and kept to time. The committee stressed the flexibility of the work culture and their emphasis on work/life balance.

Interview Questions
    • What innovations have you introduced in your teaching?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deakin University in April 2009.

Pretty standard process. They short listed the applicants and followed up with a phone interview. The interview was focused on skills and how you want to progress research. I got an offer within 30 days after the interview. It surprised me that I only had to do the phone interview. I was living overseas, so they may not have had the budget to fly people in. It tells me though that they are pretty skill driven, rather than behavioural driven

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very predictable. No unexpected questions   Answer Question
    Very little room for negotiation. They have set levels of pay.