Dealer Tire

Very Easy Interview

Director Interview

Director
Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dealer Tire in April 2013.

Interview Details – Common interview questions. Ran a simulation and had a group interview. Initial phone screen conducted by HR. Seemed messy and disorganized. Brought in seemingly unrelated people for the group interview. Had people judging the simulation that had never seen it before.

Interview Question – Pretty common place. Company does not have a sophisticated selection process. Simulation was probably the most difficult thing.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company reputation

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Cleveland, OH

I applied through other source - interviewed at Dealer Tire in August 2012.

Interview Details – Fairly quick. Just a few interviews. Some panel, some one on one. Lots of behavioral questions, but nothing difficult. They basically tell you what they want to hear in the way they ask the questions.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Through HR, unflexible.

Field Training Specialist Interview

Field Training Specialist
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Dealer Tire in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very extensive - 2 phone interviews, an in person interview and a presentation.

Interview Question – Why us?   Answer Question

Inventory Manager Interview

Inventory Manager
Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dealer Tire in February 2012.

Interview Details – Dealer Tire has a very thorough interview process, as others have indicated. This interview consisted of a 30 minute phone screen, two hour on site interview split into two 1 hour sessions, a follow up 1 hour interview, a project simulation, and finally a 3 hour interview and presentation of the simulation.

The overall facility in Cleveland was very impressive. The Mueller's and partners have done an excellent job at laying out a workplace that today’s young / mid-level professionals can look forward to going to every day. There were several casual work areas as well as conference rooms, art work throughout the building, and even a massive operations / data room with real time updates of KPI’s.

The team that I interviewed with was very professional and laid back. None of the interviews made me feel uncomfortable or stressed. I think this speaks well to the culture at Dealer Tire, it seemed pretty laid back. All communication from the HR team lead was very straightforward and consistent with what they did. Overall I think Dealer Tire did a very good job explaining what the company has to offer as well as what the responsibilities for the Inventory Manager position are.

The interview process itself was rather typical with one significant exception. The vast majority of the time I spent was getting to know most of the team I would be interacting with on a day to day basis, both peers, superiors, and the partner level. The questions were focused around discussing my resume and a few behavioral questions. What was very different, and very fun, was the simulation. As part of my final interview I was provided a sample data set of a typical business problem related to the role, much like a case study at B school. I was given approximately a week to analyze the data, develop a plan of actions to address concerns, and put together a presentation. In my final interview I gave a 30 minute presentation and answered any questions the team had.

Overall, I was very impressed with Dealer Tire. They have a lot of things going for them, a good culture, a great location (from my perspective) and plenty of growth.

Interview Questions

• How would your current employees describe you? How would your current manager describe you?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you tried to accomplish something a failed.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer for a few reasons:

1.) I didn't get a strong feeling of career progression beyond the current role, or programs in place to develop individuals. As a growing company, I am sure Dealer Tire has plenty of opportunities for career development. However, this was one area that appears it Dealer Tire didn’t present itself as well as I expected given their size.

2.) The role I was offered did not appear to be as significant an opportunity as I had perceived going into the process. This is not to say it was not a great opportunity, it was, however it was not a substantial enough change in responsibilities / scope to warrant leaving my current employer. I would consider other future opportunities with Dealer Tire, it seemed to be a good company.

3.) The benefits package was on the low side. I would have expected about 30% more vacation and about 3% total match from their 401K program. The insurance offered seemed reasonable, but no HDHP was offered which was disappointing.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Cleveland, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Dealer Tire in January 2008.

Interview Details – First phone interview was with HR - as i did not hear of the company before, I was skeptical.
Second phone interview was with the Manager - detailed with lot of experience related questions
First in person interview - with HR, group panel colleagues, 1:1 manager
Second in person interview - with customer panel, and CIO
Received job offer - in 1 week after last interview

Interview Question – Describe some of your past work experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – employer is flexible in negotiation of pay but not benefits

Worked for Dealer Tire? Contribute to the Community!