Dealer Tire

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.2

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dealer Tire.

Easy, the recruiter was timely and knowledgeable regarding the organization, benefits and described how the process would flow. There were no surprises and I was in constant communication with the recruiter throughout the process.

Outside Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dealer Tire.

Submitted for job opening on the companies web site. HR rep called and did an initial screening interview with very basic questions. 1on 1 interview set for a week later with District Manager and assistant District Manager. Just reviewed resume and discussed job and how my experience was relevant.

Called with offer and there was no negotiation

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dealer Tire in April 2013.

Common interview questions. Ran a simulation and had a group interview. Initial phone screen conducted by HR. Seemed messy and disorganized. Brought in seemingly unrelated people for the group interview. Had people judging the simulation that had never seen it before.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty common place. Company does not have a sophisticated selection process. Simulation was probably the most difficult thing.   Answer Question

Company reputation

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through other source – interviewed at Dealer Tire in August 2012.

Fairly quick. Just a few interviews. Some panel, some one on one. Lots of behavioral questions, but nothing difficult. They basically tell you what they want to hear in the way they ask the questions.

Through HR, unflexible.

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dealer Tire in February 2012.

Dealer Tire has a very thorough interview process, as others have indicated. This interview consisted of a 30 minute phone screen, two hour on site interview split into two 1 hour sessions, a follow up 1 hour interview, a project simulation, and finally a 3 hour interview and presentation of the simulation.

The overall facility in Cleveland was very impressive. The Mueller's and partners have done an excellent job at laying out a workplace that today’s young / mid-level professionals can look forward to going to every day. There were several casual work areas as well as conference rooms, art work throughout the building, and even a massive operations / data room with real time updates of KPI’s.

The team that I interviewed with was very professional and laid back. None of the interviews made me feel uncomfortable or stressed. I think this speaks well to the culture at Dealer Tire, it seemed pretty laid back. All communication from the HR team lead was very straightforward and consistent with what they did. Overall I think Dealer Tire did a very good job explaining what the company has to offer as well as what the responsibilities for the Inventory Manager position are.

The interview process itself was rather typical with one significant exception. The vast majority of the time I spent was getting to know most of the team I would be interacting with on a day to day basis, both peers, superiors, and the partner level. The questions were focused around discussing my resume and a few behavioral questions. What was very different, and very fun, was the simulation. As part of my final interview I was provided a sample data set of a typical business problem related to the role, much like a case study at B school. I was given approximately a week to analyze the data, develop a plan of actions to address concerns, and put together a presentation. In my final interview I gave a 30 minute presentation and answered any questions the team had.

Overall, I was very impressed with Dealer Tire. They have a lot of things going for them, a good culture, a great location (from my perspective) and plenty of growth.

Interview Questions
    • How would your current employees describe you? How would your current manager describe you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you tried to accomplish something a failed.   Answer Question

I declined the offer for a few reasons:

1.) I didn't get a strong feeling of career progression beyond the current role, or programs in place to develop individuals. As a growing company, I am sure Dealer Tire has plenty of opportunities for career development. However, this was one area that appears it Dealer Tire didn’t present itself as well as I expected given their size.

2.) The role I was offered did not appear to be as significant an opportunity as I had perceived going into the process. This is not to say it was not a great opportunity, it was, however it was not a substantial enough change in responsibilities / scope to warrant leaving my current employer. I would consider other future opportunities with Dealer Tire, it seemed to be a good company.

3.) The benefits package was on the low side. I would have expected about 30% more vacation and about 3% total match from their 401K program. The insurance offered seemed reasonable, but no HDHP was offered which was disappointing.

Field Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dealer Tire in January 2010.

Very extensive - 2 phone interviews, an in person interview and a presentation.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Dealer Tire in January 2008.

First phone interview was with HR - as i did not hear of the company before, I was skeptical.
    Second phone interview was with the Manager - detailed with lot of experience related questions
    First in person interview - with HR, group panel colleagues, 1:1 manager
    Second in person interview - with customer panel, and CIO
    Received job offer - in 1 week after last interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe some of your past work experience   View Answer
    employer is flexible in negotiation of pay but not benefits

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dealer Tire in May 2012.

Phone screen..then multiple interviews...then another round with the hiring manager ..then a final phone interview. Have to say that I was impressed from start to finish with the professionalism and thoroughness of their process. A good fit goes both ways and Dealer does a great job of disclosing the good and bad as well as selling themselves. By far the best interview experience I have ever had...great communication and follow up. A premiere employer...

Interview Questions
    • Standard Behavioral experience questions   View Answer
    I asked for and received a fair and competitive offer...no complaints..their benefits are really good.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dealer Tire in June 2010.

I met a lot of people but they answered all of my questions openly and honestly. They gave me the Pros and Cons of the job up front, so I knew what I was getting into. great process that makes for the best to be hired.

They would not budge on vacation time but on salary they came in 5000 dollars more than what I requested.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dealer Tire in April 2010.

Phone interview consisted of basic questions from the HR rep. When asked specifics about the position/territory they couldn't give any answers. The 1:1 interview started off by the manager arriving and stating "i have to take a leak.' I should have known then to turn around and leave.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach turning an underperforming territory around?   Answer Question
    They don't want to negotiate base salary.