Dealer.com Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.9

Learning Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com.

Interview

The first contact was through email with a recruiter. This was followed up with a phone interview, which was pretty basic and went over general background information. I was then contacted by another recruiter to set up a second phone interview with the department manager. This second phone interview was much harder and more technical.

Manager Advertising Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process took 4 weeks. First contact was a quick phone interview with the recruiter. Followed by a more detailed interview with the responsible manager for the position. This was more in depth of my experience and management skills. After few weeks, I got a trip to Vermont, entirely payed by the company, to pass through another series of interviews with Development VPs and Team members. Multiple questions about management, agility and team building. The last step was an face-to-face interview with the direct manager, to meet the local office and team.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as main difference between Manager and Scrum Master? How do you dealt with difficult situations and employees not producing as expected?   Answer Question

BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Burlington, VT) in April 2015.

Interview

Initially couple of phone interviews based on resume and then take home assignment of SQL queries, then onsite interviews with 4 people kind of situation and behavioral questions and based on resume

Interview Questions

• How do you want to see yourself 5 years from now Did you fail anytime Do you know SQL Tell me a situation when you had a tough time with a colleague   Answer Question

Digital Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com.

Interview

Overall easy process. I applied via the online portal. Received an interview offer within two weeks. Casual, laid back interview with two people. Easy going, fun, & not a lot of pressure / intense questions. Bring questions to ask the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Manhattan Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

One 1 and a half hour technical interview over Google Hangout with two senior software developers. Another 1 and a half hour on-site technical interview with a senior UI developer, a director and the software manager. Then there is one behavioral interview with higher level managers.

Interview Questions

• Basic front-end development questions.   Answer Question
    • A function to parse a json object representing a navigation menu and build the navigation.   Answer Question
    • Draw some square on the page with html, css and js. Each square should be inside the previous one and its width and height should be the half of the previous's width and height.   Answer Question
    • Design a software to control a bank of elevators (specific number of elevators and specific number of floors). No pseudocode no nothing, just go to the white board and talk about your idea.   Answer Question

Digital Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com (Manhattan Beach, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted me a few days after I submitted my online application. Total process consisted of a first round of interviews and then a more selective second round. During the first round, I was interviewed by 3 gentlemen from their digital advising team. During the second round, I interviewed more with the Director of Talent Development over conference call with the Vermont office. The HR staff and digital advising manager sat in with me and observed. I thought the overall process was pretty pain-free. It was really nice to not have to dress up in a suit and tie.

Interview Questions

• How would you start an SEO campaign? What are the steps you'd take to facilitate this?   Answer Question

Copywriter Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dealer.com in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email outlining the salary range to check that it was within my range. After that, I had one phone interview with an HR rep, which consisted just of basic get-to-know-you type of items. Very informal and easygoing. Immediately set up a second interview with the VP of the division that was hiring for later that week. Interview was cancelled the day of, due to an unforeseen meeting and never rescheduled. Received a cold call from the VP a week later, as some lines of communication got crossed, he offered to reschedule, but we performed the interview anyways. Pretty straightforward interview about my management style and ethics. Really informal and pleasant. Waited a few days and got an email that they were interested in flying me into town for an in-person series of interviews. Flew in the following week and interviewed again with the VP (even more pleasant and enjoyable than on the phone), and interviewed with two additional team managers, as well as the HR lead that initially contacted me. They were very hospitable, as they put me up in a great hotel, gave me a grand tour and fed me a delicious and healthy lunch. I left very impressed. Flew home on Tuesday, had an offer by Thursday and a generous counter-offer was accepted on Friday. With exception of that one miscommunication and some confusion on the travel arrangements, the entire process was great. This is a super-busy company, so things move a mile a minute, so some mistakes are expected.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your worst qualities?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very smooth. I countered once, they came back meeting my counter and exceeding it with additional benefits to sweeten the pot.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dealer.com.

Interview

Applied via their online portal. Received an interview offer within a day or so. Met with a few people I'd be working with. Nice an dcasual sit down. Didn't feel much pressure. Got an email back with their offer a day or so later.

Digital Specialist Interview

Interview

It was a 4 week process overall. There were 2 in person interviews. Each interview lasted around 45 minutes. Individuals from different parts of the company interview you.

Interview Questions

• Fairly straight forward. The interview was like talking to someone you know.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dealer.com in December 2014.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by a short in person. After that there was a test documentation assignment followed by a 3 hour in person interview. The 3 hour interview was a series of interviews with different members of leadership followed by an hour of technical interview. The most people in the room at once was 4. Overall it was a whirlwind, but really not bad in the end.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to get ready for the position if you were to get an offer.   Answer Question