Dealertrack Technologies

2.9

Document Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dealertrack Technologies in January 2015.

The interview I had was with Steve. He was really nice and easy to talk to. It was just him who interview me. Because I heard sometimes there is more then 1 person that will interview you. But for me it was just him. It was a very easy and simple interview. It went really smoothly. Just be your self and show them your a fast learner and very organize and able to work independently also.

Interview Questions
    • How many Un-excuse absent is o.k.?   View Answer
    • If I was to call your previous employer, what would he or she say about you?   View Answer
    • Tell me a time you made a mistake and realize it, what did you do to fix it?   View Answer
    • If you could change something at work to be better, would you? And how would you go on about changing it?   View Answer
    • What makes you think your the best fit for this position?   Answer Question
    Pay rate was not negotiable

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, OH

It's not really specific unless your hired from an outside organization. They choose who they want to hire. seniority doesn't matter with this company. As long as someone "fits" their wants they will offer a position.

there wasn't any negotiation

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

The interviewing process was pretty standard. First you meet with Human Resources to see if you will be a cultural fit and go through the first level of screening. Next I meet the person who would be my immediate supervisor. After that, I met with my immediate supervisor's supervisor, and so on.

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dealertrack Technologies in September 2014.

Contacted by recruiter asked to complete general questions then testing online (typing, hearing, problem solving). Then scheduled a interview 2 days later interview is with 3 supervisors asking questions about. Work history, problem solving, how fast can you handle upsets. Each supervisor goes threw a list of questions ranging from unexpected to general (What programs have you used, Do you multi task well?) they then further explain there position.Interview is about 45 min your contacts threw the recruiter for follow up.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can verbally get your point across well?, What would you do if you had to give instruction to someone who didn't like you?,   Answer Question

Title Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dealertrack Technologies in July 2014.

Had phone interview first. This interview lasted about an hour.
    Second Interview was a one on one. that interview was in person. This lasted about an hour.
    Called the next day and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • None, pretty straight forward, does want detailed dates of previous employment.   Answer Question
    Put down on my application what I was looking to get paid, got that offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dealertrack Technologies in June 2014.

Had some trouble finding the building in 1111 Marcus Avenue. Found out later it was building #3. Was interviewed by 4 people and the director. During the interview the interviewer was always very polite and asked questions that were within the range of my experience. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • None. The questions were very fair and were related to what I worked on. They were extremely informative about the different responsibilities required.   Answer Question

I had another offer so I took that one. I was very happy with this company and would have taken the offer if not for the first offer.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dealertrack Technologies in May 2014.

The interview process took roughly about three weeks. I had a phone screen with the company's recruiter, then another phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager invited me in for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consist 4 rounds. In the first round, I was interviewed by two people (Product Manager and a Technical BA). It mostly consisted of reviewing the role and my background.

The second round also consisted of two people (2 Product Managers). Similar to the first round, but this will be more in term how my experience matches to the role and finding out the core challenges within the team and the company. The third round consist of talking to the hiring manager. She was amazing. The last round was with the recruiter. It was short and to the point.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked with third-party customer?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate (but the initial offer was really good) so there's little room to maneuver around.

Director Quality Improvement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Dealertrack Technologies.

Interviewed onsite with 4 people including hiring manger and CIO - never heard back from HR or hiring manager

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dealertrack Technologies.

Several interviews from remote with a recruiter to a senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • Understand DTs business and products as much as possible.   View Answer
    None

Collateral Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dealertrack Technologies in April 2014.

I was called in for this position. Cleared the first interview, which was conducted for an hour, and were all personality based questions. Two weeks later, was called for a second interview, which was for 20 mins, and they were personality based questions as well. Cleared the interview but was declined. I was told that I was overqualified for that position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of a time when you failed in doing your job or made a mistake   Answer Question