Dealertrack Technologies Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 2, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dealertrack Technologies (Lake Success, NY).

Interview

As other people mentioned. I spoke with HR then Hiring Manager. Finally I was interviewed by four technical resources. The technical questions were within reason but the description of job differed from original posting. The people were very professional and the onsite interview was fairly lengthy. Received offer but turned it down due, to position and pay. I also felt like I was rushed when asking about other benefits the company offered such as medical, PTO, etc. Overall the company seems like it is growing and if it wasn't for the pay and possibly a better role match I would have taken their offer.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dealertrack Technologies (Lake Success, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Had some trouble finding the building in 1111 Marcus Avenue. Found out later it was building #3. Was interviewed by 4 people and the director. During the interview the interviewer was always very polite and asked questions that were within the range of my experience. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• None. The questions were very fair and were related to what I worked on. They were extremely informative about the different responsibilities required.   Answer Question

I had another offer so I took that one. I was very happy with this company and would have taken the offer if not for the first offer.

Director Quality Improvement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dealertrack Technologies (Lake Success, NY).

Interview

Interviewed onsite with 4 people including hiring manger and CIO - never heard back from HR or hiring manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dealertrack Technologies (Lake Success, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

30 minute phone screen 3 hour on site interview with 4 persons 1 hour panel interview basic questions on your tech stack focus on resume details and past work no white board coding.. they value your past experiences and if you can articulate your past work properly and have tech knowledge on the tech stack you have worked most on..

Interview Questions

• trouble shooting techniques they are more focused on your experience and past job roles and projects   1 Answer

Strategic Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dealertrack Technologies (New Hyde Park, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview with 5 employees and all went well excluding the last person. Asked questions that could not be answered unless you have been employed previously by the company. Had no knowledge of the industry he is employed in. Walked into interview with a very poor attitude and told me I was not the candidate of choice and he does not want to interview me. I was then rudely dumped in a waiting room for the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a current or prospective client tried to cancel an account on you because of something you did or caused.   1 Answer

Director of Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dealertrack Technologies (Lake Success, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted immediately after receiving resume, called back and it was clearly a bad time -- I was put on hold continually for the first 10 minutes before we even start the conversation, so that was off-putting and seemed very disorganized. Recruiter then went back and forth from a list of questions, barely letting a sentence complete before he was on to the next question. Process was intended to be a one-way communication (they ask, you answer), and when I inquired on understanding the role further, he was evasive on any details (staff, team, environment, # of reports, why is the role available, etc.). The approach was less learning about the candidate and getting a 'cultural/personality match', and not at all whether the candidate would be interested in the role (he immediately assumes you are). Enough to suggest I won't proceed further.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions, unless you count expressing your answer without the interviewer cutting you off mid-syllable.   Answer Question

Security Risk Assessment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dealertrack Technologies (Lake Success, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I was supposed to meet only with the head of IT security. I actually did interview with him but all of a sudden I had to meet two other tech people. They brought me in to a very narrow claustrophobic room and they start shooting questions in a very high rhythm and in very different manner and topic. I missed a few because of the speed and lack of concentration. I already got in to “repulsion mode”. The position was strictly managerial and less technical and I was caught by surprise. Then the human resources person showed up acting as a savior reminding me not to worry because there are not looking at the technological part. She assured me that she will give me an answer by next day. I was waiting 4 days then I call even though I knew I was not chosen, but I wanted to find out for sure. No call back …. After few days I put another phone call …no answer. Finally after few days the rejection email came tom my email.

Interview Questions

• Very technical question ...more like administrator type less managerial   Answer Question

Senior Performance Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dealertrack Technologies (Lake Success, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Good communication and coordination, telephonic first, face to face technical and HR last. Must be patient for final result if the position is not urgent to fill.

Interview Questions

• Technical scenario is provided and asked to approach towards the solution, this is something that can be achieved through real experience, there is no time limit set so felt free to express various strategies and approach.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dealertrack Technologies (Lake Success, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview was internal and formal. I met one on one with potential supervisor, followed by group interviews with department supervisors, and a final meeting with department members. Very little time spent on experience, considering the amount of time spent on explaining how I would fit in the department, interact with others and add benefit to the department. The decision process was lengthy. It was two months before a job offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to stay late to finish a priority project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Too informal.