Dealertrack Technologies Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Performance Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Success, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dealertrack Technologies in October 2012.

Good communication and coordination, telephonic first, face to face technical and HR last. Must be patient for final result if the position is not urgent to fill.

Interview Questions
    • Technical scenario is provided and asked to approach towards the solution, this is something that can be achieved through real experience, there is no time limit set so felt free to express various strategies and approach.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Success, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dealertrack Technologies in January 2010.

Interview was internal and formal. I met one on one with potential supervisor, followed by group interviews with department supervisors, and a final meeting with department members. Very little time spent on experience, considering the amount of time spent on explaining how I would fit in the department, interact with others and add benefit to the department. The decision process was lengthy. It was two months before a job offer was extended.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to stay late to finish a priority project.   Answer Question
    Too informal.

Director of Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lake Success, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Dealertrack Technologies in July 2013.

Recruiter contacted immediately after receiving resume, called back and it was clearly a bad time -- I was put on hold continually for the first 10 minutes before we even start the conversation, so that was off-putting and seemed very disorganized. Recruiter then went back and forth from a list of questions, barely letting a sentence complete before he was on to the next question. Process was intended to be a one-way communication (they ask, you answer), and when I inquired on understanding the role further, he was evasive on any details (staff, team, environment, # of reports, why is the role available, etc.).

The approach was less learning about the candidate and getting a 'cultural/personality match', and not at all whether the candidate would be interested in the role (he immediately assumes you are). Enough to suggest I won't proceed further.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions, unless you count expressing your answer without the interviewer cutting you off mid-syllable.   Answer Question

Security Risk Assessment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lake Success, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Dealertrack Technologies in October 2012.

I was supposed to meet only with the head of IT security. I actually did interview with him but all of a sudden I had to meet two other tech people. They brought me in to a very narrow claustrophobic room and they start shooting questions in a very high rhythm and in very different manner and topic.
    I missed a few because of the speed and lack of concentration. I already got in to “repulsion mode”.
    The position was strictly managerial and less technical and I was caught by surprise.
    Then the human resources person showed up acting as a savior reminding me not to worry because there are not looking at the technological part. She assured me that she will give me an answer by next day.
    I was waiting 4 days then I call even though I knew I was not chosen, but I wanted to find out for sure.
    No call back …. After few days I put another phone call …no answer. Finally after few days the rejection email came tom my email.

Interview Questions
    • Very technical question ...more like administrator type less managerial   Answer Question

Worked for Dealertrack Technologies? Contribute to the Community!