Dealogic Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dealogic (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview - was asked basic technical questions, I was really nervous and forgot a lot of basic definitions which is why I didn't get a 2nd interview. Interviewee was really nice though.

Interview Questions

• Difference between linked list and array   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dealogic.

Interview

applied through a career fair at college campus. Interview Details – Had a phone interview app 15 minutes. Asked some basic technical question. That Followed up with a meeting at their office, they gave me a small quiz of programming problems and questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic Questions on Object Oriented Programming and Data Structures   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dealogic (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I was given a software test in which i had to create the webpage using asp.net MVC ,javascript,jquery..I had to get data out of database and use third party javascript libraries and after the I was interview by vp,manager and Software architect with intense fundamental questions on mvc ,.net,javascript closures.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not negotiate much on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dealogic (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews. First is with the team manager, and is more of a screening process Second is with a senior staff member who will try to see how you will fit in the group Third & Fourth are with a senior manager and Head of the department and it's more of a general interview again. The questions were pretty standard, but you should focus on your work experience where you dealt with customers and solved problems for them. Do not bore them with details, sometimes they throw out all resumes from Analysts because of this. The 1st, 3rd & 4th interviews are more of a test to see how you can lead a conversation, they want to see how you handle doing most of the talking in meeting, so try to keep the conversation going without rambling. The 2nd is more general questions for you, and a great place to ask any questions you have, and pick up information so you can then form more intelligent questions for the senior people.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Dealogic?   4 Answers

Negotiation

I received an offer letter and signed it. Not much of a negotiation since I took their first offer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dealogic (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I don't recall when I initially applied for this position, but someone in HR called me for a 15-minute phone interview. Following the successful screening, HR invited me to a 2-hour combination testing and first round interview with the team leader over in London; the interview was conducted via video conferencing. She asked me technical questions followed by behavioral questions. My resume was heavily reviewed, followed by personality questions. She told me about the position and the company, as well as asked me if I had knew about Dealogic prior to application. The next day, I was invited by HR to a similar analytical 1-hour second round group interview with an associate in London via video conferencing and one of her current team members in NY. The interview went well; they had asked me when I would like to start, which seemed very promising. If I didn't send them an email asking for a clear rejection, they probably would never have let me know at all. I would have appreciated the courtesy for the amount of time I spent interviewing with the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you think this job will require you to do?   1 Answer
    • Please list any qualifications or experiences that you think will help you with this job.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dealogic (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Got interview via recruiter. Interview was on site with senior product manager. Interviewer was very pleasant. Questions were more high level about experience in financial industry and project management. He explained what their company does and what they were looking for. As we went through it we both realized the position was a little different than what I was looking for and had skills for. He asked if I was interested in other positions relevant to my skills and explained those to me. I replied in the positive and was told that i would be informed if any of those open up. Overall process was straightforward and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What project management methodologies have you used?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where a deadline would be missed and how you would communicate that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dealogic (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Took a little while for company to contact me after resume was submitted. Phone interview was brief, consisted of standard questions asked by H.R. rep (why are you looking to leave your current employer, etc.). Interview lasted for 40 minutes or so. Met with a manager, was asked basic questions about background and experience, some hypothetical work scenarios, general questions about finance/markets. Very pleasant dialogue. Never heard back from company - only found out through contact there.

Interview Questions

• Describe your worst day at work.   Answer Question
    • Tell me some recent news about the financial markets that would be relevant to your group here.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dealogic (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who did an initial interview and then followed-up with a prep call. I then went in for an interview. I interviewed with two different teams. Both interviews were really positive and laid back. The organizational structure seems to be relatively flat and the managment is young. I had a lot of questions which they were happy to answer. They were very keen on knowing what research I did prior to the interview and they wanted specifics about what I had learned. Note of caution, the feedback I received from the recuriter was all very positive but they were concerned that I was too much of an analyst to be a RM.

Interview Questions

• What does Dealogic do? What research did you do prior to the interview? Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What qualities do you think make a good RM?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dealogic (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Very Professional and knowledgeable. Energetic and very excited about company's future.

Interview Questions

• Explain the capital raising process in Equity Capital Markets.   Answer Question

Salary offered too low.

Relationship Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dealogic.

Interview

Q&A Run through competencies, run through previous experience, desire to do the role, knowledge of what the role entails, key behaviours in a position between the client and IT in issue resolution, client facing skills in demanding situations