Dealogic

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dealogic.

applied through a career fair at college campus.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview app 15 minutes. Asked some basic technical question. That Followed up with a meeting at their office, they gave me a small quiz of programming problems and questions.

Interview Questions
    • Basic Questions on Object Oriented Programming and Data Structures   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dealogic in February 2014.

I was given a software test in which i had to create the webpage using asp.net MVC ,javascript,jquery..I had to get data out of database and use third party javascript libraries and after the I was interview by vp,manager and Software architect with intense fundamental questions on mvc ,.net,javascript closures.

Interview Questions
    They do not negotiate much on salary.

Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dealogic in July 2013.

4 rounds of interviews.
    First is with the team manager, and is more of a screening process
    Second is with a senior staff member who will try to see how you will fit in the group
    Third & Fourth are with a senior manager and Head of the department and it's more of a general interview again.

The questions were pretty standard, but you should focus on your work experience where you dealt with customers and solved problems for them. Do not bore them with details, sometimes they throw out all resumes from Analysts because of this.

The 1st, 3rd & 4th interviews are more of a test to see how you can lead a conversation, they want to see how you handle doing most of the talking in meeting, so try to keep the conversation going without rambling.

The 2nd is more general questions for you, and a great place to ask any questions you have, and pick up information so you can then form more intelligent questions for the senior people.

Interview Questions
    I received an offer letter and signed it. Not much of a negotiation since I took their first offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dealogic in April 2013.

I don't recall when I initially applied for this position, but someone in HR called me for a 15-minute phone interview.

Following the successful screening, HR invited me to a 2-hour combination testing and first round interview with the team leader over in London; the interview was conducted via video conferencing. She asked me technical questions followed by behavioral questions. My resume was heavily reviewed, followed by personality questions. She told me about the position and the company, as well as asked me if I had knew about Dealogic prior to application.

The next day, I was invited by HR to a similar analytical 1-hour second round group interview with an associate in London via video conferencing and one of her current team members in NY. The interview went well; they had asked me when I would like to start, which seemed very promising.

If I didn't send them an email asking for a clear rejection, they probably would never have let me know at all. I would have appreciated the courtesy for the amount of time I spent interviewing with the company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think this job will require you to do?   View Answer
    • Please list any qualifications or experiences that you think will help you with this job.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dealogic in February 2012.

Got interview via recruiter.
    Interview was on site with senior product manager.

Interviewer was very pleasant. Questions were more high level about experience in financial industry and project management. He explained what their company does and what they were looking for. As we went through it we both realized the position was a little different than what I was looking for and had skills for.

He asked if I was interested in other positions relevant to my skills and explained those to me. I replied in the positive and was told that i would be informed if any of those open up.

Overall process was straightforward and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • What project management methodologies have you used?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where a deadline would be missed and how you would communicate that?   Answer Question

Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dealogic in March 2011.

Took a little while for company to contact me after resume was submitted. Phone interview was brief, consisted of standard questions asked by H.R. rep (why are you looking to leave your current employer, etc.).

Interview lasted for 40 minutes or so. Met with a manager, was asked basic questions about background and experience, some hypothetical work scenarios, general questions about finance/markets. Very pleasant dialogue.

Never heard back from company - only found out through contact there.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your worst day at work.   Answer Question
    • Tell me some recent news about the financial markets that would be relevant to your group here.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dealogic in November 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter who did an initial interview and then followed-up with a prep call. I then went in for an interview.

I interviewed with two different teams. Both interviews were really positive and laid back. The organizational structure seems to be relatively flat and the managment is young. I had a lot of questions which they were happy to answer.

They were very keen on knowing what research I did prior to the interview and they wanted specifics about what I had learned. Note of caution, the feedback I received from the recuriter was all very positive but they were concerned that I was too much of an analyst to be a RM.

Interview Questions
    • What does Dealogic do? What research did you do prior to the interview? Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    • What qualities do you think make a good RM?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dealogic in April 2010.

Very Professional and knowledgeable. Energetic and very excited about company's future.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the capital raising process in Equity Capital Markets.   Answer Question

Salary offered too low.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dealogic in October 2014.

I applied through a employee referral. I had a very short initial phone conversation about my motivation for working with the company and why finance. My first face-to-face interview was with the department manager and an HR represent. Both very friendly and approachable. The interview’s main focus is to find evidence of someone being detail orientated, as you will do a lot of data entry, and your ability to stay motivated. It further wants to find out your ability to talk with clients on the phone and how to handle cold calling (ish). Lastly I would say show your interest in finance and be commercially aware. They probe your CV, for example I had studied finance, and was questioned about how to evaluate a stock and the difference between fixed income and equity markets.

In the second panel interview I met with the same HR and a senior research associate. It was basically the same type of interview but more detailed of the specific skills that the role requires, so data entry and client handling. Went further into my observation of the company and motivation to the company and its products.

Lastly, I had a videoconference in the office with the global head of my department. It was similar to before. Nothing that hadn't come up before except for "what was your favourite course at uni?".

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dealogic in May 2014.

I applied online, total 3 interviews with HR Officer, Research team leader and New York Research Team Manager. It took me around 20 days to finish the interview process.

<strong>Interview Details:</strong>
    The first stage - interview with HR Officer and skill test
    First I had to find the annual report link of HSBC, then to summarize an article about fund manager strategy. After the test, I met with the HR officer. She was very kind to me, tried to let me talk, typical interview questions asked. There were no industry knowledge asked for this stage.

The second stage - interview with Research Manager and Senior Research Associate. (4 days later)
    Start investigating my CV, questioning the reason for the position, wondering why I left the previous job.
    Telling the job description and career path.

The third stage - webcam interview with New York research tram manager. (13 days later)
    Investigating on my CV, detail by detail. take good concern on what to write on CV. Still focus on why I left my last job. Typical interview question, no industry knowledge involved. Since there was a timezone difference, be polite to the interviewer when he finished whole day work. Still warned me on the job description, I believed he want to narrow the job expectation and reality.

Questions about my previous job, my previous jobs last for half year. the short period made a deep concern for every stage since the company looking for long-term employee.