Dean Foods

Updated Jul 7, 2014
Updated Jul 7, 2014

2.6

Fleet Maintenance Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dean Foods.

Recommended to replace a person I had previously worked with. HR portion of process was very lacking both in assistance and in speed of process. GM ran the interview and asked several "No-No" questions. Culture was very much a "good ole boys network" and turned out if you were not in the network you were very limited.

Interview Questions
    • Really a very simple easy interview. Now they operate with a panel asking "canned" questions!   Answer Question
    None, this is the job, this is the pay....do you want it or not?

Associate Brand Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dean Foods.

took a few weeks before they contacted me - it was a long process

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dean Foods.

Submit resume through the company website. There was a brief phone interview with HR and that was followed up by another phone interview with the manager. Then there was a single panel interview that consisted mostly of experience and behavioral related questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the process you use for solving problems?   View Answer
    We discussed compensation over the phone and came out with an agreement that worked for both of us.

Quality Control Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dean Foods in August 2012.

I interviewed at the Grand Rapids, MI location. It was a fairly easy going interview and both interviewers seemed nice. It was a pretty pleasant experience. They seemed more interested in my people skills than they did my technical skills

Interview Questions

The work environment is disgusting. I've worked in a factory before, and this place is like a labyrinth. It's been around since the 60's and it looks like not much has been updated. The place reeks of ammonia so if your sensitive to smells, this is not the place to be. The lab itself was unkempt and had dirty carpet on the floors, the cabinets looked ready to fall apart, and it's a very confined work space. The equipment looked like it's not been taken care of. The rest of the factory had paint peeling off walls in the cleaning areas, some of the brick flooring was broken and chipped and water is everywhere. They stress a clean work environment but I couldn't stomach the the place. This was personally a bad experience with the tour. Everyone seemed really friendly though so it seems the people who do work there would not be an issue whatsoever

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dean Foods in August 2012.

Pretty easy interview. Interviewed with one person for about 20 mins on the phone and then with a Director for about 20 mins. Wanted to know a lot about my hobbies etc. I showed up pretty unprepared and really didn't need much preparation.

Cash Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dean Foods in July 2012.

I was called to set up interview . Several days later I went to the interview and was asked many questions about my work history and my personality. I was also asked about my ability to get along with others in their work environment and that was the most important thing that I thought they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • How would I deal with a coworker that did not seem to be a very nice person.   View Answer

Merchandising Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dean Foods in October 2011.

I met the hiring manager at a hotel conference room where interviews were being conducted. It was a simple process. There were quite a few people there to interview. They immediately sent me to Concentra for a drug test. That was the most time-consuming process.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you would be able to lift milk jugs repetitive times?   View Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dean Foods in August 2011.

Interviewed with 3 Managers and the interviews were background related and in the regular format with some technical questions on accounting aspects.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated higher salary and vacation

Director, IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dean Foods in March 2011.

The interview started with a lengthy phone interview, and then I was invited to come to the office for a set of 1:1 interviews. I met with 4 different people, and spent about an hour with each. Two of these people had prepared questions and seemed to know what was needed for the job. Those interviews went well. One person had virtually no questions for me and asked me to ask the questions. I had a few, but did not yet know enough about the job to ask questions for an hour. This person also would not answer all of my questions. The third person did most of the talking and told me about his worst experiences and why his job was so hard. I left feeling the company had serious problems and they have idea how to fix them. It seemed the teams were not collaborating. But I can't be sure based on these few people however. I would not accept an offer with the company based on my experience.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dean Foods in January 2011.

I had a phone call with a recruiter, then 2 months (!) later was called in for a face to face with recruiter and another manager. 3 weeks later, interviewed with 2 more managers then finally a week or so later got to interview with hiring manager. Then the waiting really began......recruiter kept checking in to tell me they were working on a decision. This went on for several weeks...finally, recruiter said he'd have a decision that day or the next. Nothing. I sent an email the next week to check on the status. Nothing. To date, no response or follow up from the recruiter. Excellent experience with the actual interviews (typical targeted selection, behavoral interview questions). I very much enjoyed meeting everyone - but after so much time and so many interviews, no follow up response? Not even a "thanks but no thanks?"

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you led a project team, and the results didn't turn out the way you hoped.   Answer Question