Dean Foods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandising Sales Representative Interview

Merchandising Sales Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dean Foods in October 2011.

Interview Details – I met the hiring manager at a hotel conference room where interviews were being conducted. It was a simple process. There were quite a few people there to interview. They immediately sent me to Concentra for a drug test. That was the most time-consuming process.

Interview Question – Do you think you would be able to lift milk jugs repetitive times?   View Answer

Fleet Maintenance Manager Interview

Fleet Maintenance Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dean Foods.

Interview Details – Recommended to replace a person I had previously worked with. HR portion of process was very lacking both in assistance and in speed of process. GM ran the interview and asked several "No-No" questions. Culture was very much a "good ole boys network" and turned out if you were not in the network you were very limited.

Interview Question – Really a very simple easy interview. Now they operate with a panel asking "canned" questions!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, this is the job, this is the pay....do you want it or not?

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Associate Brand Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Dean Foods.

Interview Details – took a few weeks before they contacted me - it was a long process

Interview Question – nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Continuous Improvement Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dean Foods.

Interview Details – Submit resume through the company website. There was a brief phone interview with HR and that was followed up by another phone interview with the manager. Then there was a single panel interview that consisted mostly of experience and behavioral related questions.

Interview Question – What is the process you use for solving problems?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We discussed compensation over the phone and came out with an agreement that worked for both of us.

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dean Foods in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 Managers and the interviews were background related and in the regular format with some technical questions on accounting aspects.

Interview Question – Technical accounting questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated higher salary and vacation

Quality Control Lab Technician Interview

Quality Control Lab Technician
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dean Foods in August 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed at the Grand Rapids, MI location. It was a fairly easy going interview and both interviewers seemed nice. It was a pretty pleasant experience. They seemed more interested in my people skills than they did my technical skills

Interview Question – none really, pretty typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The work environment is disgusting. I've worked in a factory before, and this place is like a labyrinth. It's been around since the 60's and it looks like not much has been updated. The place reeks of ammonia so if your sensitive to smells, this is not the place to be. The lab itself was unkempt and had dirty carpet on the floors, the cabinets looked ready to fall apart, and it's a very confined work space. The equipment looked like it's not been taken care of. The rest of the factory had paint peeling off walls in the cleaning areas, some of the brick flooring was broken and chipped and water is everywhere. They stress a clean work environment but I couldn't stomach the the place. This was personally a bad experience with the tour. Everyone seemed really friendly though so it seems the people who do work there would not be an issue whatsoever

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dean Foods in August 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview. Interviewed with one person for about 20 mins on the phone and then with a Director for about 20 mins. Wanted to know a lot about my hobbies etc. I showed up pretty unprepared and really didn't need much preparation.

Interview Question – Asked about my personal hobbies.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cash Office Interview

Cash Office
Franklin, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dean Foods in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was called to set up interview . Several days later I went to the interview and was asked many questions about my work history and my personality. I was also asked about my ability to get along with others in their work environment and that was the most important thing that I thought they were looking for.

Interview Question – How would I deal with a coworker that did not seem to be a very nice person.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Director, IT Interview

Director, IT
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dean Foods in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview started with a lengthy phone interview, and then I was invited to come to the office for a set of 1:1 interviews. I met with 4 different people, and spent about an hour with each. Two of these people had prepared questions and seemed to know what was needed for the job. Those interviews went well. One person had virtually no questions for me and asked me to ask the questions. I had a few, but did not yet know enough about the job to ask questions for an hour. This person also would not answer all of my questions. The third person did most of the talking and told me about his worst experiences and why his job was so hard. I left feeling the company had serious problems and they have idea how to fix them. It seemed the teams were not collaborating. But I can't be sure based on these few people however. I would not accept an offer with the company based on my experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Fort Worth, TX

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Dean Foods in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone call with a recruiter, then 2 months (!) later was called in for a face to face with recruiter and another manager. 3 weeks later, interviewed with 2 more managers then finally a week or so later got to interview with hiring manager. Then the waiting really began......recruiter kept checking in to tell me they were working on a decision. This went on for several weeks...finally, recruiter said he'd have a decision that day or the next. Nothing. I sent an email the next week to check on the status. Nothing. To date, no response or follow up from the recruiter. Excellent experience with the actual interviews (typical targeted selection, behavoral interview questions). I very much enjoyed meeting everyone - but after so much time and so many interviews, no follow up response? Not even a "thanks but no thanks?"

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you led a project team, and the results didn't turn out the way you hoped.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dean Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dean Foods interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dean Foods employees and interview candidates.