Dean Foods Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

Finance/Accounting Interview

Interview

The first interview was way too long - over 3 hours. That is tough to pull off when you are employed and looking. People were very friendly and refreshingly "real." They were straight shooters and didn't play the usual corporate interview game.

Interview Questions

• Give me a example of a situation where you ----- fill in the blank--- and what was the outcome? LOTS of these questions   Answer Question

Merchandising Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dean Foods (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Comprehensive as well as short. It didn't take too long to get through the interview but when we did it was a sigh of relief. They definitely made me feel very comfortable the whole time

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dean Foods.

Interview

The basic interview process you will fill out an online application...I received an phone screening first. Within two days this was follow-up with a panel interview.. I had a series of questionnaire.. Start out speaking on the company history. Secondly, I was asked a series of situational questions and follow-up with behavior questions. The interviewers provide a complimentary deans foods water during the interview process.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few weeks later by an HR person at Dean Foods. Set up a phone screen that asked a lot of basic questions to better get to know you and become more familiar with your background. After passing that there was a phone interview with one of the finance managers where they got into more detail about your experience and they asked a lot more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• No real unexpected questions. All pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Fleet Maintenance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dean Foods.

Interview

Recommended to replace a person I had previously worked with. HR portion of process was very lacking both in assistance and in speed of process. GM ran the interview and asked several "No-No" questions. Culture was very much a "good ole boys network" and turned out if you were not in the network you were very limited.

Interview Questions

• Really a very simple easy interview. Now they operate with a panel asking "canned" questions!   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, this is the job, this is the pay....do you want it or not?

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dean Foods.

Interview

took a few weeks before they contacted me - it was a long process

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dean Foods.

Interview

Submit resume through the company website. There was a brief phone interview with HR and that was followed up by another phone interview with the manager. Then there was a single panel interview that consisted mostly of experience and behavioral related questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the process you use for solving problems?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We discussed compensation over the phone and came out with an agreement that worked for both of us.

Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dean Foods (New Orleans, LA) in October 2013.

Interview

Over the phone interview.. Very unprofessional. Sounded more like a courtesy call. They already had someone picked for the job. It was obvious they were just following company and government

Quality Control Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dean Foods (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

I interviewed at the Grand Rapids, MI location. It was a fairly easy going interview and both interviewers seemed nice. It was a pretty pleasant experience. They seemed more interested in my people skills than they did my technical skills

Interview Questions

The work environment is disgusting. I've worked in a factory before, and this place is like a labyrinth. It's been around since the 60's and it looks like not much has been updated. The place reeks of ammonia so if your sensitive to smells, this is not the place to be. The lab itself was unkempt and had dirty carpet on the floors, the cabinets looked ready to fall apart, and it's a very confined work space. The equipment looked like it's not been taken care of. The rest of the factory had paint peeling off walls in the cleaning areas, some of the brick flooring was broken and chipped and water is everywhere. They stress a clean work environment but I couldn't stomach the the place. This was personally a bad experience with the tour. Everyone seemed really friendly though so it seems the people who do work there would not be an issue whatsoever

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dean Foods (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. Interviewed with one person for about 20 mins on the phone and then with a Director for about 20 mins. Wanted to know a lot about my hobbies etc. I showed up pretty unprepared and really didn't need much preparation.