Dean Health Systems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.7

Computer Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dean Health Systems in August 2014.

Applied online and I was contacted the next day to schedule an online interview. Did my phone interview where they asked about my skills pertaining to the position (very general). Was scheduled for a 2nd phone interview with the IT team. Was asked about education and experience. Was then scheduled for my face to face later that day. Went to face to face interview with a panel of 3 people (HR, CIO, Help Desk Manager). Was made an offer the very next day for the position. Was sent offer letter and instructions to conduct my background check.

Interview Questions
    Very easy. They offered the pay I had requested.

Phlebotomist & Endoscopy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dean Health Systems in June 2014.

I had 2 interviews. One about 2 months ago for a Phlebotomist position and the other for Endoscopy Tech just a few weeks ago. The interview for the phlebotomist one didn't go so well. There were 2 people. Neither one of them looked or sounded like they wanted to be there. I never did hear anything back from them about the position. Even though they told me that they would get back to me either way.
    The interview for the Tech position was just a few weeks ago, but with how the interview went, I can honestly say I will never apply for another position with this company no matter how desperate I am. The interview was so bad that I literally emailed HR and let them know just how horrible it was and to also withdraw all my other applications from other positions I applied for. I would never want to work for a company that treats their prospective employees with such little respect and professionalism.
    To make a long story short, I am a MA. From a previous employer I had gained extensive training far beyond what I had learned in college. Alot of my duties were RN work. I am very proud and honored to have those skills under my belt and if I felt I was incompetent I would never perform those duties. When asked about my previous employer and the extensive skills, one RN interviewer (there were 3) asked if I performed these skills alone. I said yes, but I always had the doctors there in case. I did recovery in PACU almost every day and IV's and had also learned to push meds thru IV's. I taught injection training, was the lab coordinator, the lead phlebotomist, the only MA at this small clinic and also a surgical tech as well. It was part of my job and I was proud to have honed those skills. I didn't just learn them overnight. Anyways, the 3 RN's who interviewed me for this position had rolled their eyes more than 3 separate times during the interview and also ridiculed me and doubted my skills. They laughed several times and mumbled under their breath about the " lack of care" at this small fertility clinic I had previously worked for. They were all literally appalled that I, a Medical Assistant, was capable of performing those skills. They made sure to stress the fact that a MA in their clinic would never be given the chance to perform those skills no matter my level of education and certification. The amount of nonprofessional demeanor and lack of praise was sickening. From other interviews Ive had in the past few months with other clinics, the interviewers were actually delighted and happy for me that I had the proper training and opportunity to hone those skills. Never in all my entire MA existence have I ever had an interview where I was treated like a low life at the bottom of a totem pole. I have never been laughed at or doubted like that before. It took every ounce of strength I had to finish the interview and thank them for their time. The moment I hit my car, I broke down in tears.
    For anyone considering a career with this healthcare system, I would think twice. Also i found out that there really isn't much room for advancement or incentives. The benefits are horrible and the starting pay is far less than what most people expect, especially having 5 or more years of expertise. And if an interview can go that bad, just imagine what it would be like working there??!! No thank you.
    The interview dragged on for over an hour with alot of the questions being asked several times, just in different wording. The questions were not easy and at the end of the interview when one of them asked if I had any questions, before I could even get out 2 words, they all stood up and said ok, we will get back to shortly. They didn't even give me a chance to ask any questions.
    Some other words of advice, we are all one. Doctors, nurses, MA's, CNA's, lab personnel all need to work together as a team for their patients. The hospitals and clinic's you want to work for are the ones that don't take your title for granted or discriminate you for your title. Like I said, we are here to serve our patients and give them the best care possible. Titles are simply titles. They don't make you any better than the other. As the saying goes, never judge a book by its cover.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker and how did you figure out a solution?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you? What makes you stand out from your competition?   Answer Question

Unit Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dean Health Systems.

Applied online, was contacted via email for face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, or difficult. Just waiting after multiple inquires of status of the position.   Answer Question

Confidential Interview

total waste of time expect to be annoyed

Interview Questions
    • expect anything these people are very odd in fact I wouldn't even go to the interview   Answer Question

as i stated above this place is unbelievably annoying and does the weirdest things

IT Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dean Health Systems in May 2013.

It was lengthy with many unnecessary steps. My advice don't go and seek employment elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • None it was just boring with much unnecessary garbage.   Answer Question

Clinical Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dean Health Systems in February 2013.

HR set up phone interview with VP and team lead. They mostly discussed the resume and gave time for questions. Second interview was on site with team lead and team members. Questions were standard including strengths, weakness, experience, how did you handle conflicts, 5 year goal, expectations from the job.

Interview Questions
    • Move from academia to corporate world- what are you expecting and will you be able to get used to the change.   Answer Question

Ophthalmic Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dean Health Systems.

It took 6 weeks after applying for someone in HR to call me for an interview. Interviews are conducted by at least 2 people. After accepting the job, there is 3 days of learning about the "Dean Way", customer service expectations, the company's structure (CEO etc) and another week of learning the computer system.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a difficult customer service experience you have had and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a problem you have had with a fellow employee and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiating. they offered a pay rate that was below what I was currently getting, but I did not have insurance with the other job, and they did offer insurance.

Government Programs Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dean Health Systems in October 2011.

The process of applying was easy and well coordinated. The actual interview was much shorter than many previous interviews. It consisted of an overview of the position, during element it was expected to explain my interest or experience in each area.

The people that I interacted with were friendly, and the interviewer was polite and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions
    • How are your written communication skills?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel comfortable working with provider offices, the state, members and internal customers?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dean Health Systems in November 2010.

The HR person was unorganized. She called on a wrong day, even if she scheduled a day for an interview. She wasn't professional in everything at the interview.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dean Health Systems in October 2010.

The interviewer was too slow to schedule a phone interview very unlike other companies do, and she called me one week before the actual scheduled date of the phone interview. I was so surprised to get a call from the interview of Dean Health and just answered her for the interview, but she didn't know that she was calling on a wrong day. She didn't sound to be professional.