Dean & Company Interview Questions in Vienna, VA

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dean & Company in March 2012.

Met with 3 people. One analyst, VP, and President.

Interview was fairly straight-forward. No behavioral or fit questions. Heavy emphasis on quantitative analysis. Best to reference case study guides beforehand.

case study # 1:
    company: Telecomm company, analyze call-center costs & efficiency
    analyze variable versus fixed costs

case study #2:
    company: retail company
    Improve revenue: analyze volume, price, & product

Overall pleasant experience. Very nice people.

Best Advice to future interviewees: Review Wharton consulting casebook and you should be fine.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dean & Company in October 2011.

This was an on-campus interview. When I entered the room, the interviewer had me fill out a form about my contact information and availability. Then she went right into the case interview. The question had to do with a company that has many businesses, and they were thinking about acquiring a calling card business. I was given information about costs, and I had to answer the question, "What should they do?" The interviewer was good at answering my questions about the case. I didn't do too well, so I was not called back for a second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • What should the company do with the calling card business?   View Answer