Dean & DeLuca

Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dean & DeLuca

Na Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dean & DeLuca.

After what seemed to be a pretty good first phone interview, I was invited for a second naturally. The manager interviewing me said that she would email a listed of dates and times and never did. I called and emailed to find more information and was completely ignored. Three weeks later I received the automated email that they hired someone else. Shocker. Unimpressed by the lack of respect and professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • What is your designing process? Difficult to explain to a non graphic designer.   Answer Question

Espresso Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dean & DeLuca.

I knew an employee, so she gave me a referral, and told me to come in during a downtime. I stopped by in the afternoon, asked for the manager, let him know who referred me, and he handed me an application. He handed me an application and told me to fill it out, and right after that we had an interview. He took my application, and told him he would call withing five days. Two days later I got the call, and was offered the job. I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dean & DeLuca.

I applied on Craigslist then about a week or so later i was called in for a interview with the District Manager, after that interview i was called about a day or two later for a group interview with the District Manager and Assistant Manager of the store at which we were being interviewed...During the Interview we were all asked 2 questions which we took turns around the table answer then one by one we would go to a separate table with just the managers for a One on One interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think any questions were difficult or unexpected its the usual Interview questions, Where do you see yourself?, Why D&D?   Answer Question
    No negotiations they made me an offer i found acceptable so i accepted...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dean & DeLuca in January 2012.

For the position of a mere cashier, they sound like they demand so much out of this part-time, cashier position as if you were working a full-time job. I lost interest during the process, needless to say. The interviewees (I had 2 managers interview me) were very thorough and it's more than being on the register - cleaning, making food, opening/closing store. I've never had any experience in the food industry so I assume they were looking for someone with prior experience but from the kind of questions they asked, it seemed very demanding, especially for an entry-level job. They get so much out of you with the questions. They will send you to take some training courses for working with the food machines and how to make food...for the position of a cashier. One of the interviewees seemed very bored/not interested while the other seemed fun and understanding but it was a VERY long interview. Overall, not a really great experience and I'm glad I didn't get the job.

Cashier Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dean & DeLuca in November 2011.

It started with a telephone interview. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview where I met with and spoke to two managers. It was a basic interview. I got the sense that they cared more about personality and how you would fit in with the workers more than experience.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dean & DeLuca in July 2010.

Behavioral Questions about past experience in sales and food preparation and leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have to take control of a situation   Answer Question