Deb Shops

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deb Shops in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, interview with dm, couple weeks offered position

Interview Question – Not good with example q questions   Answer Question

Albany, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deb Shops in May 2010.

Interview Details – very drawn out

Interview Question – Where would you work if you didnt get the job here?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deb Shops.

Interview Details – They have a list of typical retail type job questions.
Would you ever steal?
Tell us about an experience with a difficult customer.
Tell us about an experience with a difficult co-worker.

Interview Question – What store has the best customer service?
Wasn't really sure how to answer that one.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked me if i wanted the job at the pay-rate they offered and I said yes.

Assistant Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Deb Shops in February 2012.

Interview Details – I talked with my store manager she talk to our DM then a phone interview was scheduled for the following week.

Interview Question – What are your current responsablilities?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Deb Shops in April 2011.

Interview Details – Went to the interview, manager did not say much. She was not friendly at all. It was awkward. I was kept in the office and took the phone interview. Passed it and then she kept me there forever and ever and ever. Aftrer like 3 hours and she was talking to other people the whole time she told me to come in the next day and that she would have me in the schedule the next week.

Interview Question – tell me abut yourself   View Answer

Assistant Manager

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deb Shops in January 2009.

Interview Details – * First there was a phone interview with the District Manager - she was great and very easy to talk with.
* Numerous phone calls from her and from me -- we played phone tag -- she is a very busy lady -- but always returned calls!!
* Met with DM in person at the store I was applying for - interview lasted about an hour and a half. She asked me to fill out an application after the interview and signed paperwork for a background check (required for any management.)
*DM called and offered me the job about 10 days later -- It took a little longer to get the background check back.

Interview Questions

Worked for Deb Shops? Contribute to the Community!