Deb Shops

Getting the Interview

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Roseville, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deb Shops in April 2014.

Interview Details – I went throughout the mall asking what stores were hiring. Deb was and I applied in the store that day. It was easy considering I had no prior employment history. Three days later I was called back for an interview. Two days after the call was the interview. It was one on one with the manager. Took about 25 minutes. The mood was very friendly and comfortable. 5 days after the interview I was called back and offered a position.

Interview Question – -What company has the best customer service?
-What are 3 spring trends?
-How would you handle a shoplifter?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for sales associates. Minimum wage.

Store Manager Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deb Shops in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was your basic interview process of meeting with the DM. Took off guard by the DM to stop and break to go answer cell phone but asked the standard interview questions. One thing that did throw me off by giving me a print out of questions and having me write down the answers myself. Just a little weird.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions but were worded horribly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty standard and simple. Told them what i expected and they countered with what they could offer.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Grapevine, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Deb Shops in November 2013.

Interview Details – Talked about her boyfriend like we were friends

Interview Question – None worst interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company has a bad reputation and they offered me crumbs

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

York, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deb Shops in October 2013.

Interview Details – I walked around my mall asking if places were hiring Deb Shops said they weren't at the time but I submitted an email anyway. A few days later I got a call back to set up an interview date. My interview was pretty simple basic questions were asked. Such as why I wanted to work for Deb shops, what I could bring to them, where I see myself in five years, and so on. I got a call back the same day saying I got the job which I accepted.

Interview Question – I think the hardest question for me was where I see myself in five years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really were no negotiations.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deb Shops in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, interview with dm, couple weeks offered position

Interview Question – Not good with example q questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Edwardsville, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Deb Shops in July 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was fine, but I soon found out it was all a lie.

Interview Question – what are 3 accessories you MUST have? I was never asked that before lol   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one, this compnay is often short staffed so they hire who ever walks in and asks for an application.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deb Shops.

Interview Details – Get app and turn it in to the Store Manager. If you meet what they're looking for, they'll call you.

When you come in for the interview, you'll be told ahead of time if it's 1:1 or a group.

Basic questions: Why do you want to work for Deb? What would you do if you saw someone stealing? How do you deal with difficult customers? Basic Retail questions.

If you pass through that, you'll take the Orion. If you pass that, the store gets an email saying if you passed/failed. If you pass, they call your references. If they say good things, you get hired!

Interview Question – The only question that usually trips people up is "What company has the best customer service?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For sales, non-negotiable. For management, they'll act like they're doing you a favor by giving you X when you asked for X+$3/hr.

ASM Interview

Interviewed at Deb Shops

Interview Details – Theoretical (not hypothetical) questions, aggressive and derogatory, ."seems" exclusive, talk the talk and do not walk the walk.

Interview Question – N/A. Routine questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do to recent changes, I would challenge the pay rate. If they do not concede, it isn't worth your time.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deb Shops.

Interview Details – I was recruited...had a face to face interview with the DM and a phone interview with the RM. There is a survey required, it asks questions about your current/past drug use and some moral questions, There is also a background check. Deb's does check references so make sure you have some on hand.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything in the interview process that threw me off...typical questions for a clothing retailer....make sure you know your numbers for your current store...Deb's uses ADS, UPT, and some stores have conversion, but, not all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Feel free to ask for more money, I think most people just accept the first offer, but, Deb's is pretty willing to negotiate.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Deb Shops.

Interview Details – Went in person to apply. Immediately scheduled an interview for a couple days in advance. Casual interview, personality questions. Comfortable area, felt comfortable with staff. Went over policies, told I would be contacted later. Contacted and still unsure if I have position.

Interview Question – Name top 3 trends of the summer.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deb Shops

Worked for Deb Shops? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deb Shops interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deb Shops employees and interview candidates.