Deb Shops

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deb Shops.

Paper application, interview with hiring manager, then interview with store manager. If they both agreed with your interview answers then you got a call back & were offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • At what dollar amount would you consider stealing?   View Answer
    We would like to offer you a position here, are you still interested?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN

I applied in-person – interviewed at Deb Shops.

While interviewing I felt very compfortable and the interview was was very informative and the district manager answered all my questions . the training for us this was very gave a lot of information well being with one on one with a training manager

Interview Questions
    • tell you the truth there really weren't any difficult questions, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deb Shops.

Initially I was given two interviews from management of the store I was applying at, and a DM interview. When I was promoted to SM I was given another DM interview and one with the Regional manger. The questions were thorough and specific, and were targeted towards the most difficult aspects of the job in the current state of the company.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to put together a 90 day plan for my store, and explain how I would implement those changes.   Answer Question

Interview with District Manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deb Shops in April 2014.

I went throughout the mall asking what stores were hiring. Deb was and I applied in the store that day. It was easy considering I had no prior employment history. Three days later I was called back for an interview. Two days after the call was the interview. It was one on one with the manager. Took about 25 minutes. The mood was very friendly and comfortable. 5 days after the interview I was called back and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • -What company has the best customer service?
      -What are 3 spring trends?
      -How would you handle a shoplifter?

Answer Question
    No negotiation for sales associates. Minimum wage.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deb Shops in November 2013.

Talked about her boyfriend like we were friends

Interview Questions

Company has a bad reputation and they offered me crumbs

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, RI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deb Shops in October 2013.

I sent in an application in the store and a week later I got an interview. From then on there I went in for an interview that lasted less than twenty minutes.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions with the former manager were about current fashion and costumer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

I walked around my mall asking if places were hiring Deb Shops said they weren't at the time but I submitted an email anyway. A few days later I got a call back to set up an interview date. My interview was pretty simple basic questions were asked. Such as why I wanted to work for Deb shops, what I could bring to them, where I see myself in five years, and so on. I got a call back the same day saying I got the job which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • I think the hardest question for me was where I see myself in five years.   Answer Question
    There really were no negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deb Shops.

Get app and turn it in to the Store Manager. If you meet what they're looking for, they'll call you.

When you come in for the interview, you'll be told ahead of time if it's 1:1 or a group.

Basic questions: Why do you want to work for Deb? What would you do if you saw someone stealing? How do you deal with difficult customers? Basic Retail questions.

If you pass through that, you'll take the Orion. If you pass that, the store gets an email saying if you passed/failed. If you pass, they call your references. If they say good things, you get hired!

Interview Questions
    • The only question that usually trips people up is "What company has the best customer service?"   Answer Question
    For sales, non-negotiable. For management, they'll act like they're doing you a favor by giving you X when you asked for X+$3/hr.

ASM Interview

Theoretical (not hypothetical) questions, aggressive and derogatory, ."seems" exclusive, talk the talk and do not walk the walk.

Interview Questions
    Do to recent changes, I would challenge the pay rate. If they do not concede, it isn't worth your time.