Deb Shops Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

1.6

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deb Shops.

Interview

Paper application, interview with hiring manager, then interview with store manager. If they both agreed with your interview answers then you got a call back & were offered a position.

Interview Questions

• At what dollar amount would you consider stealing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We would like to offer you a position here, are you still interested?

Other Interview Reviews for Deb Shops

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deb Shops (Roseville, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

I went throughout the mall asking what stores were hiring. Deb was and I applied in the store that day. It was easy considering I had no prior employment history. Three days later I was called back for an interview. Two days after the call was the interview. It was one on one with the manager. Took about 25 minutes. The mood was very friendly and comfortable. 5 days after the interview I was called back and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• -What company has the best customer service? -What are 3 spring trends? -How would you handle a shoplifter?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for sales associates. Minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deb Shops (York, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

I walked around my mall asking if places were hiring Deb Shops said they weren't at the time but I submitted an email anyway. A few days later I got a call back to set up an interview date. My interview was pretty simple basic questions were asked. Such as why I wanted to work for Deb shops, what I could bring to them, where I see myself in five years, and so on. I got a call back the same day saying I got the job which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• I think the hardest question for me was where I see myself in five years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really were no negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deb Shops (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

You had to pass a test to even be considered for hiring, then you had your interview. After that, depending on how many candidates there were, they made their decision fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Deb?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deb Shops.

Interview

Get app and turn it in to the Store Manager. If you meet what they're looking for, they'll call you. When you come in for the interview, you'll be told ahead of time if it's 1:1 or a group. Basic questions: Why do you want to work for Deb? What would you do if you saw someone stealing? How do you deal with difficult customers? Basic Retail questions. If you pass through that, you'll take the Orion. If you pass that, the store gets an email saying if you passed/failed. If you pass, they call your references. If they say good things, you get hired!

Interview Questions

• The only question that usually trips people up is "What company has the best customer service?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

For sales, non-negotiable. For management, they'll act like they're doing you a favor by giving you X when you asked for X+$3/hr.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Deb Shops.

Interview

Went in person to apply. Immediately scheduled an interview for a couple days in advance. Casual interview, personality questions. Comfortable area, felt comfortable with staff. Went over policies, told I would be contacted later. Contacted and still unsure if I have position.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deb Shops (Albany, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

It was pleasant as far as interviewing goes. I submitted my application and called back about a week later and they said they would review it and I received a call about 3 days later. Then the interview was scheduled and it was very rapid fire once I got there because it was done on the sales floor because the manager on was the only one there at the time. She asked me a few questions about my application and why I wanted to work there and then a few questions about fashion and then that was it. I was hired on the spot and went back and did my hiring paperwork a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 of this seasons fashion trends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deb Shops (Milford, CT) in March 2013.

Interview

An enjoyable interview. Basic questions about retail experience were asked. Then, I was asked to pick out an outfit in the store that fit a specified occasion. The whole experience took about a week. I applied in-person at the store. Then, I took a personality quiz online as part of the application process. Within the next couple of days I was called for an in-person interview with the store manager. A few days following the interview, I received a call letting me know that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Find an outfit in the store for an older woman to wear for a night out on the town.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elyria, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deb Shops (Elyria, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

I went in to return an item, saw a help wanted sign. So I applied, gave it to the assistant manager, with in 3 hours I got a call back to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• She really just asked about my experience and who I was as a person, it was easy.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deb Shops (Edwardsville, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview process was fine, but I soon found out it was all a lie.

Interview Questions

• what are 3 accessories you MUST have? I was never asked that before lol   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one, this compnay is often short staffed so they hire who ever walks in and asks for an application.