Deb Shops Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

1.7

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deb Shops.

Paper application, interview with hiring manager, then interview with store manager. If they both agreed with your interview answers then you got a call back & were offered a position.

Interview Questions
  • At what dollar amount would you consider stealing?   View Answer
We would like to offer you a position here, are you still interested?

Other Interview Reviews for Deb Shops

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deb Shops in April 2014.

I went throughout the mall asking what stores were hiring. Deb was and I applied in the store that day. It was easy considering I had no prior employment history. Three days later I was called back for an interview. Two days after the call was the interview. It was one on one with the manager. Took about 25 minutes. The mood was very friendly and comfortable. 5 days after the interview I was called back and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • -What company has the best customer service?
      -What are 3 spring trends?
      -How would you handle a shoplifter?

Answer Question
    No negotiation for sales associates. Minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deb Shops in October 2013.

I walked around my mall asking if places were hiring Deb Shops said they weren't at the time but I submitted an email anyway. A few days later I got a call back to set up an interview date. My interview was pretty simple basic questions were asked. Such as why I wanted to work for Deb shops, what I could bring to them, where I see myself in five years, and so on. I got a call back the same day saying I got the job which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • I think the hardest question for me was where I see myself in five years.   Answer Question
    There really were no negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deb Shops.

Get app and turn it in to the Store Manager. If you meet what they're looking for, they'll call you.

When you come in for the interview, you'll be told ahead of time if it's 1:1 or a group.

Basic questions: Why do you want to work for Deb? What would you do if you saw someone stealing? How do you deal with difficult customers? Basic Retail questions.

If you pass through that, you'll take the Orion. If you pass that, the store gets an email saying if you passed/failed. If you pass, they call your references. If they say good things, you get hired!

Interview Questions
    • The only question that usually trips people up is "What company has the best customer service?"   Answer Question
    For sales, non-negotiable. For management, they'll act like they're doing you a favor by giving you X when you asked for X+$3/hr.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Deb Shops.

Went in person to apply. Immediately scheduled an interview for a couple days in advance. Casual interview, personality questions. Comfortable area, felt comfortable with staff. Went over policies, told I would be contacted later. Contacted and still unsure if I have position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deb Shops in April 2013.

It was pleasant as far as interviewing goes. I submitted my application and called back about a week later and they said they would review it and I received a call about 3 days later. Then the interview was scheduled and it was very rapid fire once I got there because it was done on the sales floor because the manager on was the only one there at the time. She asked me a few questions about my application and why I wanted to work there and then a few questions about fashion and then that was it. I was hired on the spot and went back and did my hiring paperwork a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 of this seasons fashion trends?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edwardsville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edwardsville, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deb Shops in July 2012.

Interview process was fine, but I soon found out it was all a lie.

Interview Questions
    • what are 3 accessories you MUST have? I was never asked that before lol   Answer Question
    There wasn't one, this compnay is often short staffed so they hire who ever walks in and asks for an application.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deb Shops in March 2012.

The interviewing process wasn't difficult. For the First interview it was just the basics : "Tell me about a time when..." and "How would you handle this situation". I got called back for a second interview, but they told me the position was filled and offered me another position instead which was great.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a customer feel better if they're feeling guilty about leaving the store without buying anything?   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deb Shops in January 2012.

The interview process is super easy. They dont train you they just throw you into everything and you learn as you go.

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deb Shops in July 2011.

Single interview by store Gen. Manager unless one would take the initiative to move up in management, then one would be interviewed again by the District Manager; or unless one would be interviewed during a time of mass hiring of new associates, then one would be interviewed by the DM as well as the GM.

There is a lot to take in because Deb Shops expects its employees to maintain a variety of retail skills. This is most certainly a job to learn from!

Interview Questions
    • Why would having various skills or experience help you attain this position?   View Answer
    It was a solid "You will make min. wage and will attain a very fair amount of hours."