Debenhams Sales Assistant Interview Questions

2.5

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Debenhams.

Interview

I applied online, with minimum hassle, the process was similar to most other basic ones. There were a few questions to answer, for me, these were:
"How would you describe the perfect shopping and customer service experience?"
"Describe a difficult problem you had to solve. What did you consider and do to ensure that the problem was resolved?"
"Describe and occasion when you have worked as part of a team and where you achieved a positive outcome. What was the key to your success?"
"Please list any skills which are relevant to the role you have applied for."
"If your application were successful, describe the elements of customer service you would deliver."

After a couple of days I received a phone call asking me for a telephone interview, the interview was easily arranged for the next day with no problem. I was the called at the time my call was scheduled for, the interview started with a few questions just asking about my right to work in the UK etc. Then the interviewer asked me a few similar questions to the ones on the application form, mainly asking me about what I thought the job would involve, what good customer service is etc. At the end I was told I was successful and would be invited to an in store recruitment day, however I could not make this day and the woman told me she would call me back with a rearranged date within the next few days.

However, I didn't get a call back for over a week and I was not called until I emailed Debenhams myself, funnily enough I received a call a few minutes after sending the email offering me a new date for an in store interview.

The day of the interview I turned up looking smart and reported to the desk where I was told to go to. A lady then took my to the offices, where I had my interview. The interview was very straight forward and I was asked very similar questions to the one in my telephone interview, so nothing shocked me too much. The lady was very nice and I just stayed calm, polite and happy! Having finished the interview I was shown out of the shop and I received a call about 20 minutes later telling me I had been offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Where have you received excellent customer service and where have you received poor customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Debenhams

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Debenhams (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Filled in application form online, received a phone call five days later inviting me to a telephone interview. Very relaxed

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Debenhams (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

There were four stages: the online form submission, the telephone interview, the group interview and the individual interview. The form was very tedious and long to fill in but the interviews were quite relaxed.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were quite basic; they just asked how you would sell a certain item or talk to a customer in a difficult situation. The most difficult question on the online form was probably 'how would you build a rapport with a team member?'.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trafford Park, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Debenhams (Trafford Park, England (UK)) in October 2009.

Interview

had to answer variuos easy questions about self in a groups situation, had to pair up and find out interesting facts about the other person and then feedback to the group. then were given a toy and had to sell it to the group. this was followed by a 1:1 interview which was compentency based, the job offer was made here