Deccan International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deccan International

Analyst Interview

Initial interview is computer test. Then in-person interview with director/manager.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Deccan International in November 2013.

I interviewed with Deccan late last year. First, you must fill out a rather lengthy pre-screening questionnaire. Upon filling that out, they bring you in to do a skills test. By skills test, I mean puzzles that don't seem to make sense in reference to the position they are looking for.

When I had the in-person interview, the interviewer almost made it seem like didn't want you there to interview. During this time I also learned it's very much more of a Sales/Client Manager position rather than a Project Manager, which makes a huge difference.

Both the interviewer and the front office assistant were very cold throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • The "skills" test, which has nothing to do with the software or being a project or sales manager, was the most difficult portion. I skipped over the puzzles (arrange these people in order based on the following facts.....) as a kid.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Deccan International.

Their hiring process is very interesting. They first send you a list of screening questions. Its quite some work to finish that. Then they ask you to come for a written logic test .They have not put much hard work it seems. All the questions are copied from questions available over internet on search.
    Only if you clear the logic test , they call you for interview.Well.I have no advice.

I am happy that I did not get an offer. They never bothered to get back with any response. My present company is small but after interviews for any position, a proper feedback is sent to each candidate along with the information whether the candidate made through the position or not.In case of Deccan International , I am highly disappointed by the fact that they never got back with any updates post my interview despite the fact that I was told that in either case I will be informed. Sometimes these small gestures speak a lot about a company's culture and ethics. I have not read good reviews about the CEO of the company. I have never met her but I must say that if this is the culture she is heading, it does not speak very high of her leadership. In summary the Deccan people take a lot of your time putting you through several steps but do not give you any of their time to give any kind of feedback or any status after the interview. I am sure they will find someone to fit the position in there organization but I am happy that I did not become a part of this organizational culture that does not respect an individual's time and effort and does not consider it worthy enough to send any kind of communication to a candidate on whether he/she made through a position .

Data Analyst Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deccan International in February 2011.

Written test followed by in-person meetings.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer to work independently or in team environment?   Answer Question

Project Associate Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Deccan International in October 2010.

The initial process was very quick and the company was quite interested and followed up promptly. I was first sent screening questions about my background, then once those were received, asked to come in for an analytical test. The test was quite challenging but I did well enough to be asked back for an interview.
     I was advised to read up on the company's products and have a clear understanding for the interviews. I wound up doing 3 interviews in a row (the last of which was with the owner), which lasted a total of 2.5 hrs.
    All in all I had about 10 or 12 hrs invested in this position and never received a call back or an email about the position. The company seems like it has a valuable service but it's quite unprofessional to not respond to a candidate after that amount of time invested.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where a company has not given us the data needed in order to create a report for them.   View Answer

Worked for Deccan International? Contribute to the Community!