Dechert Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.9

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dechert (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had my first phone interview about 10 days ago. By the end of the call, my interviewer told me that I had made to the second round and that a hiring manager would be in contact to schedule a face-to-face interview. I have not yet heared from the firm although I sent an email a few days ago.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dechert.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, then Interviewed with five different people over two in person interviews. First meeting was with the 2 managers of Finance, the next interview was with the Director, then an analyst and the last was with the HR associate. The HR associate asked more behavioral questions while the other interviews had the normal questions like rate yourself on excel, where do you see yourself in 5 years.. etc..

Finance Project Interview

Interview

Met with 4 different people over 3 interviews. First meeting was with the 2 managers of Finance, the next interview was with the Accounting manager, and the last was with the HR associate. The HR associate asked more bheavioral questions while the other 2 interviews had the normal questions like rate yourself on excel and so on..

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dechert (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

You are brought in small groups for the call-back. Relatively few get offered callbacks, so if you get one, it's already a very good sign. You meet with two to three associates and two to three partners, and will go to lunch in between. The key is to relax and have a meaningful conversation.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about Dechert?   1 Answer

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dechert (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for an interview. I met with HR representative and then with the head librarian in the Philadelphia office. I also met via video/phone with the head of all library services for the firm. She worked out of the New York office. The whole process took about an hour and a half I think. Everyone was very professional and seemed nice. Dechert is the most profitable law firm in Philadelphia and they seem very driven by the bottom line. In most law firms Librarians usually do not have to bill their time. Some database charges are billed to the client, but at Dechert librarians fill out time sheets like attorneys. I also got the impression that you have to justify your existence. When the budget for the library comes around every year, it seems they are lways looking to get the most out of every dollar. While I can understand the importance of this, I think it get go to extremes. This was just the impression I got, and it could be off. I sent Thank you notes to everyone I met with and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any questions that were not your typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dechert (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

I heard of the job opening through a staff agency. I had a one on one interview with my present manager and a short meeting with my current co-worker. Before I met either of them - I had a skills test for Excel. My manager was very pleasant and very fair during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do i work under stressful situations?   1 Answer

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dechert (Phila, PA) in June 2007.

Interview

2 interviews. One with group director and then one with partner. Apparently after the first interview, they decided to hire me because the second interview was perfunctory. The first interview included a description of the duties and the salary and benefits.. I was asked to describe my past work experience and also wto explain why I was pursuing this job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. There is a set salary.

Summer Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dechert (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Online Application, Face-to-face interview with recruitment partner and HR for about 1 hour, written exercise beforehand. Focus is on the interview and they may invite candidates back for additional interview. Heard back that afternoon and invited back for summer scheme

Interview Questions

• basic motivational questions, preferred specialism   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dechert.

Interview

First I interviewed with someone in HR. Then I interviewed with three associates and one partner in the group I would be working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary, because I also had offers pending from other firms.