Dechert Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2014
Updated Jul 8, 2014

Finance Project Interview

Met with 4 different people over 3 interviews. First meeting was with the 2 managers of Finance, the next interview was with the Accounting manager, and the last was with the HR associate. The HR associate asked more bheavioral questions while the other 2 interviews had the normal questions like rate yourself on excel and so on..

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dechert in June 2011.

I was contacted by HR for an interview. I met with HR representative and then with the head librarian in the Philadelphia office. I also met via video/phone with the head of all library services for the firm. She worked out of the New York office. The whole process took about an hour and a half I think. Everyone was very professional and seemed nice. Dechert is the most profitable law firm in Philadelphia and they seem very driven by the bottom line. In most law firms Librarians usually do not have to bill their time. Some database charges are billed to the client, but at Dechert librarians fill out time sheets like attorneys. I also got the impression that you have to justify your existence. When the budget for the library comes around every year, it seems they are lways looking to get the most out of every dollar. While I can understand the importance of this, I think it get go to extremes. This was just the impression I got, and it could be off. I sent Thank you notes to everyone I met with and never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any questions that were not your typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dechert in May 2009.

I heard of the job opening through a staff agency. I had a one on one interview with my present manager and a short meeting with my current co-worker. Before I met either of them - I had a skills test for Excel. My manager was very pleasant and very fair during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How do i work under stressful situations?   View Answer

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dechert in June 2007.

2 interviews. One with group director and then one with partner. Apparently after the first interview, they decided to hire me because the second interview was perfunctory. The first interview included a description of the duties and the salary and benefits.. I was asked to describe my past work experience and also wto explain why I was pursuing this job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. There is a set salary.

Paralegal Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dechert.

First I interviewed with someone in HR. Then I interviewed with three associates and one partner in the group I would be working with.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my salary, because I also had offers pending from other firms.