Decision Toolbox Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Decision Toolbox

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Decision Toolbox (East Syracuse, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone call to discuss the position, from Recruiter. Had to connect to their scheduling system and select a time to talk, via a link. This is unique to them, as a way of tracking the recruiters performance. Came across as very lazy on their part, because they cannot be bothered to click a time on their own calendar for an appointment. -I was actually very willing to work around her schedule ahead of time, and told her to pick any time that was convenient and I would adjust my schedule. She would not do this, and made me use a link she sent to my email, telling me to log in and pick a time. Notes: Recruiter called the wrong number. I had to call her 5 minutes past the call time. She expressed insincere remorse for calling the wrong number, and said she was late because she was on the phone with someone else. Recruiter seemed terribly rushed and stressed out. Spoke super-fast like she had a lot of caffeine. She left the phone right on top of the keyboard and I could hear her typing very loudly. Very distracting when your trying to talk to someone and their typing ridiculously fast and loud.

Interview Questions

• Questions from Recruiter: Describe your present position. Describe your previous positions. What are your experiences and how do they relate to the job your applying for. Who have you applied to? Have you interviewed this company? Questions I asked: Are you contracted with this company to search and find someone for this position, or are you a 3rd party not authorized. What's the hiring procedure?   1 Answer

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Decision Toolbox (Hartford, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Very odd exchange--contacted twice by email, phone interview was eventually set up. Recruiter/sourcer calls and leaves a message 15 minutes before scheduled phone interview time to say she wasn't feeling well and needed to reschedule for later that afternoon. I called her back and got her VM of course, said I couldn't reschedule later that afternoon, and as a result was never contacted again. Just very weird how this woman was "not feeling well" one hour yet wanted to reschedule for later that day. The recruiter that I had dealt with this company should realize that those of us more seasoned in the staffing industry have seen and heard every excuse in the book! Maybe she was a novice...........

Interview Questions

• only in email - general questions about years in staffing, etc   2 Answers

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Decision Toolbox in October 2010.

Interview

Refreshingly streamlined and efficient interview process. The very detailed job description with candidate questions built in is reflective of the service Decision Toolbox gives to its customers. A far better first impression than other RPO or search firms that just cut/paste job descriptions. First interview by phone includes typical phonescreen questions and takes about 45 minutes. The second interview is also by phone (this is a virtual company after all), but includes a screen share so you can demonstrate how you navigate and use typical recruiting tools. Great way to quickly determine if someone is bluffing about their recruiting/sourcing skill set. References and an offer follow shortly.

Interview Questions

• Explaining how you worked out of your worst recruiting experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is little to negotiate, other than how much and what kind of projects you take on.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Decision Toolbox (Raleigh, NC) in August 2010.

Interview

Had a phone screen followed up by a more technical phone interview that included sharing my computer screen so hiring manager could see how I sourced for candidates. Got the offer at the end of that call. It's 100% virtual company so the interview process, like your job, is 100% phone and internet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's 100% commission based, so not applicable