Deckers Brands Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.6

Human Resources Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and had a phone interview. Many weeks later I had a interview with the hiring manager. Then I heard absolutely nothing. Emailed the recruiter a few times for a hiring update but got no response. Very unprofessional. A email decline would had sufficed. It is not a big deal to not get the job, but more how you communicate with candidates. It gave me a very bad taste on how things are done at Deckers and I wouldn't recommend working there based on how they treated candidates.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (Santa Barbara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

very prolonged process with multiple phone screens that seemed quite disorganized. For an organization that claimed to be in critical need of the role, they didn't seem able to make filling it a priority. On site interview started to feel like hiring manager didn't want to be bothered. A full day of onsite with chemistry at the forefront. Same basic questions asked by each interviewer. By lunch, felt I was wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• so did you feel like the pace was too much for you today?   1 Answer

Deckers Brands Response

Apr 6, 2015 – Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for providing feedback on our interview process. I’m sorry you had that experience, and we are taking steps to address the areas you identified. Your feedback will help us to improve.

Interview

Interviewed at headquarters with the Customer Service Manager and Supervisor. Interview was less than 15 mins. Gave job description. Asked me to tell them about myself, what I enjoyed from my previous jobs and what I didn't, and why I chose my field of study. The Manager pretty much conducted the interview. The supervisor just watched. Didn't ask me anything.

Interview Questions

• The interview was too short to conclude whether it was easy or difficult. I was really disappointed that it lasted less than 10 mins. I really tried to prolong it by asking questions. However, Manager and Supervisor seemed to be in a rush.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Friendly, Casual environment

Interview

is a good processe

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (Goleta, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process started with a Recruiter, Manager, & CS Manager (G, CA) all by phone. Next, in-person interview with Manager & Pres. of the company (R, CA). I thought the 4 month time span was a bit much due to corporate delays in deciding on the secondary CS location in R, CA. One Review from a Current Employee (3/25/13) titled "PR dept is the only one doing their job" said it the best in their "Cons" section: Promotions and hires are based more on "who you know" instead of actual skill sets." This company did not consider qualified candidates that is not genuine.

Interview Questions

• Q & A about examples of good customer service experiences. And how I handled a not-so-happy customer service experience.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (Goleta, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was normal and casual, we talked about my background and the position requirements. Nothing out of the ordinary. The people were nice.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Called me the next morning after responding to an ad, was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy, with the exception of my shoe sales background, I didn't have any.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (Santa Barbara, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview was for a consulting position. The hiring manager was down to earth and straightforward and very nice. They needed help with the implementation of their new system in the finance area but I had more of an accounting background, so I did not get the job. Based on my research of the company and it's people, it is a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• 1 - Where did you drive from?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deckers Brands (Goleta, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was good, but the 1:1 interview with the management group was not good. Management group indicated there were major differences going on between old timers who do not eant change and the new who do want change. Company going thru growing pain...