Dedicated Computing

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dedicated Computing

Cell Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waukesha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dedicated Computing.

Multiple interviews, with teams of people. At one point I had 6 people asking me questions at once. felt kind of cornered. Overall though if you know your stuff the questions are easy & the people are very nice. They seem to have a very high turnover rate as I was hired by a staffing agency. I had multiple phone interviews, a one on one interview, a team interview ... allot of interviewing to say the least.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite version of Linux?   View Answer
    None, was hired through a temp agency. Hourly was already decided. $11 an hour.

Production Technician Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dedicated Computing in May 2014.

Interview only happened through staffing agency Brooksource. Super fast placement. They honestly don't really care. Just looking for bodies to fill the cell as long as you don't complain or say anything negative you'll do ok and might be able to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was my most challenging moment while at work?   View Answer
    No negotiations. I was placed through staffing agency and then just as I was about to get an offer they let me go. I think they do this alot to avoid having to hire on permanent staff.

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pewaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pewaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Dedicated Computing in July 2013.

To even get to the interview process the company reviewed resumes for almost 2 months. Once you are selected as a candidate you are called up by HR for a brief phone interview discussing the position in grater depth as well as going over some standard interview questions about previous employment qualifications etc.

If selected to move on to the second round of interviews you come into the building and have a face to face interview with:

1st the HR team who asks the same basic questions to gage your personality and your previous experience in grater depth.

2nd at least two floor managers "Cell Leaders" will come in and ask you the same basic questions as HR as well as a few about your experience with computers and your ability to follow the detailed instructions necessary to build the computer to spec. You will then go out for a tour with the Cell Leads and they will show you the general layout of how the production units or "Cells" work where you will be if you are hired on.

3rd you will meet with the production manager who will again ask you basic questions about your job history and where you have worked previously.

You must pass a drug screen.

If you pass both rounds you will then be brought in and trained for 3-4 day following a computer through the production line from start to finish meeting people and beginning to understand the instructions and the assembly process. You will build a system following the instructions to best of your ability and then it will be inspected you will watch videos on handling electronic components and on ESD safety.

After all this you will be brought into your perspective "Cell" where you will be trained through all the various steps generally stating from easiest to hardest.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time when you demonstrated your attention to quality in a work environment"   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable at will employment

Technician Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dedicated Computing.

Phone interview with staffing then in person interview with staffing. Phone interview with company then in person interview with 2-3 head people at company

Interview Questions

Worked for Dedicated Computing? Contribute to the Community!