Defence Research & Development Organisation Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2014
35 interviews

3.2

Scientist B Interview

just 1 interview ,drdo came to our IIT jodhpur campus and did interview of candidates having cpi above 8.0 then after interview a merit list was made at national level.

Interview Questions
    • questions related to humanities course done during btech   Answer Question

Junior Researcher Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Defence Research & Development Organisation in April 2014.

It was one of the prestigious organisation to carry out your research work. Though the selection process is very tedious.
    First of all you have to submit your abstract on the research, which you were willing to carry out there.
    After that if they found suitable, then they will ask you, what are the problem you were facing with you research and why you want to carry out your research at DRDO.
    If they found that you reason is valid then they will call you for interview process.
    There they will ask from all the technical , which you have studied till now , including your Research area , & finally if you were able to impress them , then congratulation you have been selected for junior researcher & after that they will appoint you to some senior scientist , who were carrying research on same field.

Interview Questions
    • It was from micro controller, they asked me ,which oscillator is present inside the 8051 micro controller and what happen if the input to that oscillator is provided in differential mode ? Does it will give same input if so then why ?
      What is cascade in Quantum Cascade laser ?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

My guide asked me basic questions pertaining to my field. Since he had room for interns since a lot of them had left because of the end of their term. The interview process was not a particularly ragged one.

Intern Interview

Applied by submitting my CV.Was called for interview.Very basic questions were asked in the interview, just brush up on the subjects you studied.For ECE students, they mainly asked questions related to Analog and Digital, Op Amps were covered extensively.They may also grill you on your choice of subjects.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected.If you are well versed with the subjects, the interview shouldn't be that difficult.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Defence Research & Development Organisation in February 2013.

It was our campus interview at IIT Mandi. They first shortlisted based on CGPA and then interviewed us.
    There was 6 members to take interview. One of them asked me to tell me about my strong subjects. I told them and they started asking questions related to those fields. But unfortunately I couldn't got through it.

Interview Questions
    • First they asked me to opt between electrical and electronics and then I selected electrical then they asked me about brushless dc motor. I think at that time it was difficult for me.   Answer Question

Scientist B Interview

first written test has been taken which include aptitude. But criteria was basically CGPA (i.e 80% CGPA and 20 % aptitude result). After that 1 hour long interview process in which panel of 10 members of different streams which includes machines, power system, communications, electronics, emf etc. were sitting in front of me.

Interview Questions
    • difficult questions has been asked from power systems .   Answer Question

Scientist B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Silchar (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silchar (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Defence Research & Development Organisation in December 2010.

Campus recruitment, SET exams. DRDO visits campus of reputed colleges. SET is organized early and once selected you need to appear for interview. For interview they normally ask questions which can be found on gate books.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join DRDO? probably   View Answer
    No negotiation. Either you accept or leave it.

Scientist C Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Defence Research & Development Organisation.

nterview Details - Shortlisted based on GATE Score
    - Interview at Mumbai ( Six people in one panel, One IIT D Prof ) - Interview lasted from 105 minutes
    - Medical Test at Mumbai

Interview Question – They ask fundamental theory of Mechanical Engineering and basic derivation View Answe

Tech-A Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Defence Research & Development Organisation in October 2012.

Is satisfied and fully based tech questions

Intern Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Defence Research & Development Organisation in April 2011.

Project Paper Presentation to the Head of the D R D O

Interview Questions

Worked for Defence Research & Development Organisation? Contribute to the Community!