Defense Contract Audit Agency Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.6

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Battle Creek, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied and got a call for an interview within a few weeks. None of the questions were accounting type. The questions were situational such as "tell us a time when you had to work as a team to overcome an obstacle..."

Interview Questions

• How you you prioritize your work when you have conflicts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Reston, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online via USAJOBS. After 2-3 months of submitting application I got interview. It was Phone interview. Most of the interview questions were behavior and situational questions. The interviewer was very nice and understanding.

Files Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Marietta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Files clerk would process all paper personnel files to electronic files. I was interviewed by two apprentice human resource specialists. They had printed interview questions and wrote down my responses. They were not very specific until I began to ask pointed questions about where would the office be and work schedule.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to work alone most of the time.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online via usajobs.com near the end of the application window, so I received a call within a week to schedule an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people (both Supervisors). There was a little chit-chat, but mostly it was down to business, going over the HR Pre-Approved Interview Questions. It was cordial, not stressful, and pretty short. It was so pleasant I have no idea how well I actually did. They told me during the interview that it would be 1-2 months before I hear anything due to lengthy government processes.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were directly from the online questionnaire you complete during the application process. I wish I had known that beforehand so I had quicker, more direct responses to the questions, each with new and varying examples. They were so repetitive that it was a little hard during the interview to come up with new examples on the fly and avoid saying the same types of things over and over again.   Answer Question

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shirley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Shirley, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Supervisor called me at home and we talked about the job and I answered her questions for about 15 minutes. She emphasized the importance of being willing to meet with the applicants at home and to bring them to interviews in our own cars. This was not acceptable to me.

Interview Questions

• What type of salary are you looking for?   1 Answer

Needing to meet at applicant's home and drive them to interviews was not acceptable to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Alexandria, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a month later for an interview. One week later, I interviewed in front of a four-person panel. The interview was pretty straightforward. They mainly asked situational questions and asked me to explain different scenarios. Overall, it was a pretty relaxed interview. They said to expect a response in a few weeks, so at this time, I can't say whether I received an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• A few of the questions: Give me a time when you did not meet a deadline, what did you do and how did the experience turn out? Give me a time when you had a frustrated employee. What did you do to combat that person's frustration? What motivates you to do your best work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Arlington, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

From submitting the application form at the job fair in downtown DC, attending interview and to hiring, the entire processes was lasted for a few weeks. Interview process was intensive, long and with some behavioral styles of questions.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to stay calm and collect when you walk in a room to present your audit findings with a room full of Defense contractor personnel, which include one or two high power lawyers and one or two experienced and argumentative accountants?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation option!

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency.

Interview

I was interviewed via phone call, I could tell it went well and knew that if my boss had final say so, I would have the job. The next thing I knew I received a job offer and security clearance paperwork in the mail.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Sacramento, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

one phone interview. It seemed to me that the interviewers had never read my resume or knew which grade I was applying for. At one point they told me one of the "perks" was that the agency would pay for taking the CPA, I already had my CPA!

Interview Questions

• Basic tell me about your work history questions. Nothing technical or job related.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, it's the govt. You get paid the same as everyone else in your grade.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Two round interview. One person acting approachable. Explaing the process, and the easier qs. After talking to the first person..had a 2nd round..with harder questions. And not nice as the first

Interview Questions

• Describe a a difficult situation you have been in and how you resolved it   Answer Question