Defense Contract Audit Agency

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in February 2014.

Interview Details – I met with a campus recruiter who liked my resume and offered me a phone interview. I accepted the interview it went well. I then had a face to face interview with a senior auditor that did not go as smoothly.

Interview Question – What is your worst quality?   Answer Question

Auditor

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency.

Interview Details – I was interviewed via phone call, I could tell it went well and knew that if my boss had final say so, I would have the job. The next thing I knew I received a job offer and security clearance paperwork in the mail.

Interview Question – What is your worst quality?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in February 2010.

Interview Details – Apply through usajobs.gov. Please include all relevant requirements in your resume or they will fail your resume. The resume reviewers cannot make simple inferences. They will ask for other relevant documents and have you answer supplemental questions online. They key is to have all the requirements from the job posting and supplemental questions on your resume. Make it easy for them to find and read it. The people who screen it are not managers, auditors. They are admin people in Virginia without college degrees. They cannot make an inference that if you are an auditor, you can do audit work even if you didn't list it on your resume. They are more word for word kind of reviewers. Reminds me of DCAA auditors and first line supervisors. So much copy and paste without thinking if the situation has relevance or reconciling two column of numbers without considering the sources of those numbers. (Sarcasm) Why do people even ask the sad state of things?

Interview Question – Why you want this job? Do you like accounting/auditing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You negotiate beforehand by applying for the grade and city you want.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on-line at USA jobs. Received an e-mail to scheudle phone interview 2 months after submitting application. 3 days after the interview received a tentative offer via e-mail.

Interview Question – No unexpected question   Answer Question

Auditor

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through USAJOBS. About a month letter received an email saying that I was referred to the agency. About a month later I received an email and call for an interview. I interviewed. About 1 week after that I received a tentative offer. With the tentative offer I had to complete a federal form, get a civilian security clearance and mail in transcript. Currently waiting for transcript to be received!

Interview Question – No difficult question. Mostly behavioral and describe a time when.. type of questions. Be prepared to explain why you would be the best candidate and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Once tentative offer complete they will tell you what you start with depending on GS level. My advice to you ACCEPT. Federal jobs are hard to get.

Very Easy Interview

Accounting Internship Interview

Accounting Internship

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency.

Interview Details – The interview process was very smooth. They will have for you some basic/standard questions related to your perceptions of team work & work environment; the classic types of interview questions you could find via internet in professional websites. They will ask you things about your résumé, almost everything. You must be prepared to answer questions related to your professional goals (as short and long terms) and, take note for this, they will ask you "why this, why that". Be sure to sound logical in what you say. The women who went to my university were very, very sweet, professionals, accessible; they had great personalities!

Interview Question – If you know well your résumé, why you have done what you have done and you are clear about your future professional goals, you will be okay.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency

Interview Details – Phone Interview and in person interview.

Interview Question – No in depth questions were answered.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was invited to meet a representative at a satellite office because the hiring office was too swamped to interview me. The representative was doing them a favor. This seemed strange, especially since the interviewer wasn't an auditor but instead was the head of their investigative unit. Anyway, the interviewer had a list of questions she asked, and she wrote down my responses.

I was later informed that my qualifications did not meet their basic requirements. An interesting experience; I certainly wish HR had caught the fact that I didn't meet their minimum requirement since the interview was ultimately a waste of time for all involved, even though I did enjoy the experience. (I'm a CPA but did not have an accounting degree or 4 years of work experience or the equivalent -- I figured a CPA plus two years of auditing experience was equivalent. Nope!)

Very Easy Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in August 2011.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received a call to set up an interview after about 3 months. I was still in college at the time, so I guess they were waiting until closer to the end of the school year. There was a phone interview with a couple of auditors and an office interview with a manager. They wanted detail about my resume qualifications and my experiences in college. Interview was very easy. Questions included "What do you know about auditing?" "Why audit?" I received a call from HR congratulating me on being selected within about two weeks. Overall, it was a good experience. Everyone I spoke to was nice.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. It was that usualy behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary levels are pretty set.

Auditor

I applied online and interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency.

Interview Details – Interview process was good. Went on an interview in November 2012. Still waiting for cadidates selection.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty much common sense questions. "what if...tell me about.."   Answer Question

Worked for Defense Contract Audit Agency? Contribute to the Community!