Defense Contract Audit Agency

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in January 2009.

Interview Details – Apply through USA Jobs or through campus interview programs

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Interviews are straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are unable to negotiate. You will be hired at the GS scale you applied under.

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on USAJOBS.gov at the end of Nov 2010 and received a call for an interview mid May 2011. Between that time, I received 2 emails (Dec 10 & Apr 11) asking if I was still "interested" in the position.

Interview was with 2 audit branch managers and 1 audit supervisor, all at the same time. Each person asked a questions from a list of stock behavioral interview questions. Tell me a time when....; what is your writing style.... etc, etc.

The people interviewing me have worked for the government for many years (ie. 20+ years). I asked what was the turnover rate, and they said next to none. If someone had left, it was because they switched agencies, like becoming an IRS agent, or something of the sort. This proved my hypothesis that once you land a federal job, you stay put.

Very laxed interview. I was running late to the interview, about 20 min late, and they seemed to be a-ok with it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Since I was eligible for the GS 11/12 position, in the interview they said that if I could possibly start at the GS12 or GS11, at a step 6 or 7, or something of the sort. I ended up getting the GS-12.

Pinellas Park, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed at DCAA just out college while still in the Reserves. Had one telephone interview/introduction then came to the office in Pinellas Park for face to face. Interviewed with branch manager. The interviewer talked a lot about DCAA and emphasized it was a great place to work. He admitted the salaries were low to start ($30k depending on area) but entry-level auditors can go from GS-5/7 to GS-11 quickly. He asked me about specific courses taken in college and grades. (I have a B.S. Accounting, 3.11 GPA) He gave me a general accounting scenario and asked me a few audit-specific questions. He asked me about my military service and whether I had a clearance and talked about how long the process can take. At the end of the interview he informed me they had already made an offer to another candidate and that they had an opportunity in Orlando if I was interested. I declined as it is beyond normal commuting distance. He did email the next day and apologized for the situation and was complimentary. I wrote him a very polite letter of thanks.

Interview Question – Audit specific questions   Answer Question

Columbia, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with two associates.

Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in June 2008.

Interview Details – Submit resume, college transcripts and take an online skills assessment test.

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate, salary was based on results of skills assessment test & college transcripts

Dayton, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied via usajobs.gov. I was contacted approx. three months later for an interview. I was interview by a panel of 4 people. All were very nice and there werent any questions that were unreasonable. They told me it would take 60-90 days to hear back from them but they called me within about three weeks later to give me a tentative offer pending security clearance. Overall a very good experience.

Fayetteville, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in September 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through campus e-recruiting and was called two days for to setup the interview time.

The interviewer was a very nice guy who spent a large portion of the time discussing the training and benefits of the job.

The questions were very basic and the interview was laid back. This may be very variable depending on who interviews you--this man who an auditor, not an HR manager.

Very enjoyable experience!

DCAA Auditor

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency.

Interview Details – I only had one interview. There were three people doing the interview and they read from scripted questions.

Interview Question – What have you read lately?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You're slotted into either GS-7 or GS-9 pay to start.

Very Easy Interview

DCAA Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency.

Interview Details – I really didn't interview. I worked for a defense contractor and they pretty much didn't ask me any questions.

Interview Question – I was only asked what my favorite accounting class was.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You are hired in as a GS 7, 9, 11 or 12 based on your education and experience.

GS-7 Auditor Interview

GS-7 Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very calm interview.

Interview Question – What writing assignments are you currently having to do?   Answer Question