Defense Contract Audit Agency Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Defense Contract Audit Agency

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in August 2011.

After applying online, I received a call to set up an interview after about 3 months. I was still in college at the time, so I guess they were waiting until closer to the end of the school year. There was a phone interview with a couple of auditors and an office interview with a manager. They wanted detail about my resume qualifications and my experiences in college. Interview was very easy. Questions included "What do you know about auditing?" "Why audit?" I received a call from HR congratulating me on being selected within about two weeks. Overall, it was a good experience. Everyone I spoke to was nice.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. It was that usualy behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Salary levels are pretty set.

Auditor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency.

Interview process was good. Went on an interview in November 2012. Still waiting for cadidates selection.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty much common sense questions. "what if...tell me about.."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in July 2009.

I had a phone interview then recommended to senior management. Afterwards it took about two months to hear back

Interview Questions
    • There were just the standard interview type questions   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in January 2009.

Apply through USA Jobs or through campus interview programs

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Interviews are straightforward.   Answer Question
    You are unable to negotiate. You will be hired at the GS scale you applied under.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in May 2011.

Applied on USAJOBS.gov at the end of Nov 2010 and received a call for an interview mid May 2011. Between that time, I received 2 emails (Dec 10 & Apr 11) asking if I was still "interested" in the position.

Interview was with 2 audit branch managers and 1 audit supervisor, all at the same time. Each person asked a questions from a list of stock behavioral interview questions. Tell me a time when....; what is your writing style.... etc, etc.

The people interviewing me have worked for the government for many years (ie. 20+ years). I asked what was the turnover rate, and they said next to none. If someone had left, it was because they switched agencies, like becoming an IRS agent, or something of the sort. This proved my hypothesis that once you land a federal job, you stay put.

Very laxed interview. I was running late to the interview, about 20 min late, and they seemed to be a-ok with it.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Since I was eligible for the GS 11/12 position, in the interview they said that if I could possibly start at the GS12 or GS11, at a step 6 or 7, or something of the sort. I ended up getting the GS-12.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pinellas Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinellas Park, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in May 2009.

Interviewed at DCAA just out college while still in the Reserves. Had one telephone interview/introduction then came to the office in Pinellas Park for face to face. Interviewed with branch manager. The interviewer talked a lot about DCAA and emphasized it was a great place to work. He admitted the salaries were low to start ($30k depending on area) but entry-level auditors can go from GS-5/7 to GS-11 quickly. He asked me about specific courses taken in college and grades. (I have a B.S. Accounting, 3.11 GPA) He gave me a general accounting scenario and asked me a few audit-specific questions. He asked me about my military service and whether I had a clearance and talked about how long the process can take. At the end of the interview he informed me they had already made an offer to another candidate and that they had an opportunity in Orlando if I was interested. I declined as it is beyond normal commuting distance. He did email the next day and apologized for the situation and was complimentary. I wrote him a very polite letter of thanks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in June 2010.

Phone interview with two associates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in June 2008.

Submit resume, college transcripts and take an online skills assessment test.

Was not able to negotiate, salary was based on results of skills assessment test & college transcripts

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in May 2010.

I applied via usajobs.gov. I was contacted approx. three months later for an interview. I was interview by a panel of 4 people. All were very nice and there werent any questions that were unreasonable. They told me it would take 60-90 days to hear back from them but they called me within about three weeks later to give me a tentative offer pending security clearance. Overall a very good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency in September 2009.

Applied through campus e-recruiting and was called two days for to setup the interview time.

The interviewer was a very nice guy who spent a large portion of the time discussing the training and benefits of the job.

The questions were very basic and the interview was laid back. This may be very variable depending on who interviews you--this man who an auditor, not an HR manager.

Very enjoyable experience!