Defense Contract Audit Agency Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.7

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency.

Interview

Interview process was good. Went on an interview in November 2012. Still waiting for cadidates selection.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty much common sense questions. "what if...tell me about.."   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was invited to meet a representative at a satellite office because the hiring office was too swamped to interview me. The representative was doing them a favor. This seemed strange, especially since the interviewer wasn't an auditor but instead was the head of their investigative unit. Anyway, the interviewer had a list of questions she asked, and she wrote down my responses.

I was later informed that my qualifications did not meet their basic requirements. An interesting experience; I certainly wish HR had caught the fact that I didn't meet their minimum requirement since the interview was ultimately a waste of time for all involved, even though I did enjoy the experience. (I'm a CPA but did not have an accounting degree or 4 years of work experience or the equivalent -- I figured a CPA plus two years of auditing experience was equivalent. Nope!)

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied on-line at USA jobs. Received an e-mail to scheudle phone interview 2 months after submitting application. 3 days after the interview received a tentative offer via e-mail.

Junior Auditor (GS-09) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Denver, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

Standard federal hiring process -- enter your information on USAJobs, they put it through a statistical analysis with no human involvement at all, and the top candidates get referred for interview. Federal hiring officers are usually so afraid of violating some obscure procedure or another that the interviews are very standards and basic -- what is your greatest strength/weakness, etc. Google-esque surprise critical thinking questions will never happen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Salary range set by law and no negotiation above the range minimum permitted.

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Washington, DC) in August 2011.

Interview

After applying online, I received a call to set up an interview after about 3 months. I was still in college at the time, so I guess they were waiting until closer to the end of the school year. There was a phone interview with a couple of auditors and an office interview with a manager. They wanted detail about my resume qualifications and my experiences in college. Interview was very easy. Questions included "What do you know about auditing?" "Why audit?" I received a call from HR congratulating me on being selected within about two weeks. Overall, it was a good experience. Everyone I spoke to was nice.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. It was that usualy behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary levels are pretty set.

DCAA Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Detroit, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied on USAJOBS.gov at the end of Nov 2010 and received a call for an interview mid May 2011. Between that time, I received 2 emails (Dec 10 & Apr 11) asking if I was still "interested" in the position.

Interview was with 2 audit branch managers and 1 audit supervisor, all at the same time. Each person asked a questions from a list of stock behavioral interview questions. Tell me a time when....; what is your writing style.... etc, etc.

The people interviewing me have worked for the government for many years (ie. 20+ years). I asked what was the turnover rate, and they said next to none. If someone had left, it was because they switched agencies, like becoming an IRS agent, or something of the sort. This proved my hypothesis that once you land a federal job, you stay put.

Very laxed interview. I was running late to the interview, about 20 min late, and they seemed to be a-ok with it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Since I was eligible for the GS 11/12 position, in the interview they said that if I could possibly start at the GS12 or GS11, at a step 6 or 7, or something of the sort. I ended up getting the GS-12.

Auditor Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Columbia, MD) in June 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with two associates.

Auditor Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Dayton, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied via usajobs.gov. I was contacted approx. three months later for an interview. I was interview by a panel of 4 people. All were very nice and there werent any questions that were unreasonable. They told me it would take 60-90 days to hear back from them but they called me within about three weeks later to give me a tentative offer pending security clearance. Overall a very good experience.

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (San Diego, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Apply through usajobs.gov. Please include all relevant requirements in your resume or they will fail your resume. The resume reviewers cannot make simple inferences. They will ask for other relevant documents and have you answer supplemental questions online. They key is to have all the requirements from the job posting and supplemental questions on your resume. Make it easy for them to find and read it. The people who screen it are not managers, auditors. They are admin people in Virginia without college degrees. They cannot make an inference that if you are an auditor, you can do audit work even if you didn't list it on your resume. They are more word for word kind of reviewers. Reminds me of DCAA auditors and first line supervisors. So much copy and paste without thinking if the situation has relevance or reconciling two column of numbers without considering the sources of those numbers. (Sarcasm) Why do people even ask the sad state of things?

Interview Questions

• Why you want this job? Do you like accounting/auditing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You negotiate beforehand by applying for the grade and city you want.

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Defense Contract Audit Agency (Fayetteville, AR) in September 2009.

Interview

Applied through campus e-recruiting and was called two days for to setup the interview time.

The interviewer was a very nice guy who spent a large portion of the time discussing the training and benefits of the job.

The questions were very basic and the interview was laid back. This may be very variable depending on who interviews you--this man who an auditor, not an HR manager.

Very enjoyable experience!