Defense Contract Management Agency Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2014
Updated Jun 10, 2014

2.9

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency.

The interview process is a short one according to your responses and experience. It is important that you be very clear and concise in your responses as the interview will be telephonic with the interview team being located around the country. While the line is generally clear, it is a good chance someone will have a bad connection.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, however, it was unexpected when one of the interviewers very unprofessionally and sharply stated that I must let the board know when I finished answering a question. This instruction was not provided at the beginning of the interview process.   Answer Question
    As this is a Department of Defense position, all the parameters of the position are defined in the Job announcement on USAJOBS, therefore, there is not much negotiation other than possibly a little wiggle room on salary.

Contract Specialist Interview

Standard set of questions everyone gets

Contract Administrator Interview

Ordinary interview questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency in February 2010.

Received a phone call from the local office about an interview. Met with a panel of three people who took turns asking standardized questions to all candidates. The panel makes their recommendations to the Contracts Director who then will forward to an HR department that will release a tentative job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain all the contract types you know and what detailed experience you have with each of them.   Answer Question

LAN Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carson, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency in January 2009.

Pretty Straightfoward process. Resume, Interview, then The waiting

GS Level

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency in April 2013.

Apply online at USAJOBS.gov then a 30 -60 minute phone interview.

Be careful how you answer the questions on USAJOS. A careless answer may eliminate you from further consideration. Also make sure you have a PDF or your discharge, transcripts, etc. For engineering positions you are required to upload a copy of your transcripts. If you forget, you will not be considered for the position.

Interview includes about 6 - 8 questions some of them are multi parts. Best way to prepare is to have a copy of your resume in front of you with scratch paper to write down the questions as they are asked. Using a headphone is also preferable.

I prepared by also reviewing the job description and jotting down how I met each of the key job elements.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers used questions with no clear cut answers such as "How have you/would you deal with a co-worker if you had a technical disagreement? How would you resolve? They also throw in the typical what is your greatest strength?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Either you take the offer or decline.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency.

Inital communication was through email which set up a phone interview. I never actually met anyone from DCMA in person.
    The phone interview was unusual. It consisted of 5 questions, and no back-and-forth between myself and the panel I was speaking to. They asked a question, I answered and told them I was done, and then they would ask the next question.

Interview Questions
    • Questions varied from very general to very specific. If you know your stuff, it should be no problem.   Answer Question

Contract Price/Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency in April 2013.

The interview process was schedule through email and I went in and answered 8 questions. I asked some questions about management. I was interview in Manassas VA and didn't hear anything back until about 4 months when I was ask to fill out paper work and give my fingerprints. 4 months is fast in the federal government.

Interview Questions
    • There was one question that had 3 parts to it and that kept having them repeat as I answered each part. (sorry its been a while since the interview)   Answer Question
    They gave me a Tentative offer of a GS 12 position, there was no negotiation phase, it was a promotion for me.

Program Integrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency in March 2010.

Hiring process was long. Didn't get an offer until months after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Dont recall. You should be familiar with DCMA's mission and be able to speak of surviellance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency in January 2012.

The interview process was fair. As a prior veteran, I had the experience and knowledge required for the job already. However, I was impressed with the DCMA's formal job interview process. First, I met with my 1st line supervisor who asked me several questions about my work experiences, and then we got to know each other in a more general way. After the 1st interview, I met with the Assistance Director at the DCMA who was also very professional, very knowledgable, and amde me feel like this was somewhere I wanted to be.

Interview Questions

Worked for Defense Contract Management Agency? Contribute to the Community!