Defense Contract Management Agency

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.8

Contract Price/Cost Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency.

Three person panel interview. They told me their names but not their titles; from what I could gather they were all supervisors. The interview itself is structured, short, and easy going-- both behavioral questions and technical aspects about how does one evaluate contractor proposals.

After I sat down, they introduced themselves and read the interview instructions:

1) There would be six questions.
    2) 30 minutes of interview time -- do the math thats 6 mintues for each Q&A.
    3) They couldn't explain any part of the question -- they could only repeat it.

Overall, this was a fairly easy and straightforward interview.

Interview Questions
    • None -- As I previously stated, the interview was only six questions. And really its only five; the sixth and final question they asked me if I had any questions for them and/or if I had anything further to add.   Answer Question

I received a same-day offer for a Step 1, GS-12 position. Declined because there was no relocation assistance available (contrary to the contents of the job announcement) and I would be taking a substantial paycut.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency.

The interview process is a short one according to your responses and experience. It is important that you be very clear and concise in your responses as the interview will be telephonic with the interview team being located around the country. While the line is generally clear, it is a good chance someone will have a bad connection.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, however, it was unexpected when one of the interviewers very unprofessionally and sharply stated that I must let the board know when I finished answering a question. This instruction was not provided at the beginning of the interview process.   Answer Question
    As this is a Department of Defense position, all the parameters of the position are defined in the Job announcement on USAJOBS, therefore, there is not much negotiation other than possibly a little wiggle room on salary.

Contract Specialist Interview

Standard set of questions everyone gets

Contract Administrator Interview

Ordinary interview questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency.

Inital communication was through email which set up a phone interview. I never actually met anyone from DCMA in person.
    The phone interview was unusual. It consisted of 5 questions, and no back-and-forth between myself and the panel I was speaking to. They asked a question, I answered and told them I was done, and then they would ask the next question.

Interview Questions
    • Questions varied from very general to very specific. If you know your stuff, it should be no problem.   Answer Question

QAR Interview

Had a phone interview that was very cut and dry. Didn't think I did well, but supposedly I did because I recieved a job offer through email less than one month later. Getting on board was a little bit longer due to the security clearance.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency.

Applied online at for a hiring event. Got a call back within a few weeks. Interviewed on the phone. It last 30 minutes. Alot of generic questions, like how work well with others. And how did you resolve a problem at work. Then got an offer through email. Then the Waiting game began. This position requires a security clearance, therefore, I didnt start till 6 months!!

Interview Questions
    • There was a question about an issue at work, and how did you go about solving it. And another question about my knowledge of ISO 9001/9002   Answer Question

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency in April 2013.

Apply online at USAJOBS.gov then a 30 -60 minute phone interview.

Be careful how you answer the questions on USAJOS. A careless answer may eliminate you from further consideration. Also make sure you have a PDF or your discharge, transcripts, etc. For engineering positions you are required to upload a copy of your transcripts. If you forget, you will not be considered for the position.

Interview includes about 6 - 8 questions some of them are multi parts. Best way to prepare is to have a copy of your resume in front of you with scratch paper to write down the questions as they are asked. Using a headphone is also preferable.

I prepared by also reviewing the job description and jotting down how I met each of the key job elements.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers used questions with no clear cut answers such as "How have you/would you deal with a co-worker if you had a technical disagreement? How would you resolve? They also throw in the typical what is your greatest strength?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Either you take the offer or decline.

Contract Price/Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency in April 2013.

The interview process was schedule through email and I went in and answered 8 questions. I asked some questions about management. I was interview in Manassas VA and didn't hear anything back until about 4 months when I was ask to fill out paper work and give my fingerprints. 4 months is fast in the federal government.

Interview Questions
    • There was one question that had 3 parts to it and that kept having them repeat as I answered each part. (sorry its been a while since the interview)   Answer Question
    They gave me a Tentative offer of a GS 12 position, there was no negotiation phase, it was a promotion for me.

Contract Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency in February 2013.

Received a phone call from HR asking to schedule interview time. Phone Interview was scheduled for a week later at 9:45 AM. Prompt call at 9:45 from Hiring Authority. Gave a standard 7 question interview with a 30 minute time limit on the interview. Questions were asked about work experience in previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • In your previous work experience, how did you go about prioritizing your work?   Answer Question