Delaware North Companies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2014
Updated Jul 27, 2014

1.9

Assistant Manager Interview

The two interviews I went on seemed to go well, but the process was quite vague for me to gauge. There wasn't that much question asking. It was mainly just a tour of the facilities for both interviews. Then everything just dropped off without any answer or indication. Quite odd.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was whether or not I thought I could handle the volume of business.   Answer Question

Cook I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Delaware North Companies in June 2013.

I was group interviewed by human resources, at which time I was informed of what my job duties would be. I had to take a drug screening and then I was hired.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Delaware North Companies.

The hiring process takes forever. I think I waited 3 months from the time I submitted my resume to the time I actually started. I had a phone interview with some from NY, I had a face to face with people in the office. I had to pass 2 background checks and a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me is always the one concerning money.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

interviewed at Delaware North Companies in January 2012.

The interview process took about a month because it was during the Christmas and New Years Holidays when the airport is busy. I aggressively kept in touch with the HR manager by emailing him. Had a 1:1 interview with the HR manager which was simple however I did tell him that I was in school, so I had to email him my class schedule after the interview. This led to a second interview with another manager who hired me.

Director of Culinary and Premier Guest Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Delaware North Companies in February 2014.

I received an email from DNA regarding open interviews for the next day. DNA is, in my opinion, a fantastic company so I prepared my materials and scheduled an interview for the next day. I met with the second in command told me I was her first choice. The f

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job? (I think both my first interviewer and second felt I was over qualified in some areas and/or unusually qualified because of my professional background). When I met with the first in command he interviewed me in a group office where three other people were within 8 feet of me. That was difficult. Luckily, the woman I had interviewed with first was there too. She was very encouraging and clearly wanted me hired. Unfortunately, I think the first in command was looking for someone who fit the "mold" of what he was looking for and I was not it. I very much wanted the job, could have knocked it out of the ballpark had I been given an opportunity, and really liked the people I met while interviewing. Perhaps another time...   View Answer

Club Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Delaware North Companies in June 2012.

Have problems following through after you are hired, to get you in the building and trained. Numerous people were hired by the company, but never got called back to get trained.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Lot of un-needed classes you have to take to get the job.   Answer Question
    After they offer you a job, they will low ball you on your pay, make sure you negotiate.

Director, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Delaware North Companies in April 2014.

Phone screening interview; company representative called on date & time agreed on and was good at keeping the initial interview within the stated 30 minute time frame she had advised. Was courtious and asked relevant questions. Said she would pass my resume onto the interview team and that I could expect a call back in the next few days. I asked when the company expected to fill the position and the recruiter stated they wanted to fill it "last week" and that the former occupant had just left recently (within the last few weeks). I've heard nothing and am quite dissapointed not to have even received a turn down. They just reposted and I wish them luck. We in HR / Recruiting need to get much better at being more professional and respect others time in the recruiting process. It's okay to turn down an applicat. It\'s not okay to leave them hanging... Just close the process on a professional note.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions or difficult questions. Pretty straight forward, and all based on the posting for the job.   Answer Question

Stand Attendant (Concessions Department) Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Delaware North Companies.

Applied online and was called the next day to schedule an interview. Interview was pretty simple. Asked for things such as background information on yourself and previous job experiences related to position. After interview was given, if offered the position, you were given background check and drug test papers. Very easy and simple process.

Interview Questions
    • What previous job related experiences would help you succeed with this position?   Answer Question

Warehouse Porter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Delaware North Companies in July 2013.

I applied for the job through the TeamWorkOnline.com website. I was contacted by phone a couple of weeks later to set up the initial interview at First Energy Stadium. The interview went well, and the supervisor that interviewed me said they had a couple of positions available and they would contact me for general orientation and training shortly. The next phone call I received asked me to come in for what I thought was training, only to find out upon arrival that it was to be my first day of work. The environment was great, and everyone seemed to be very easy-going. My supervisor was strict when it came to getting the work done accurately and on time, but as long as this happened the workplace tended to be very laid-back.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important aspect that makes a job satisfying?   Answer Question

Executive Chef Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Delaware North Companies in June 2012.

Initial phone screen with corporate HR. Phone interview with Unit GM. Fly out for a tasting and face tot face interview with unit GM, Regional Director of operations. The benefit process and new hire paper work were very labor intensive. It required a lot of time filing out online forms. The moving package was generous and the recruit comes out of pocket for very little. It does however depend on the level of management what package the recruit gets.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing real difficult. If you have lots of interview experience.   Answer Question
    I was low balled by so much money it made me feel greedy to counter. I did counter and we settled on less than what I was hoping for.

Worked for Delaware North Companies? Contribute to the Community!