Delaware North Companies

30 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Delaware North Companies.

Interview Details – The hiring process takes forever. I think I waited 3 months from the time I submitted my resume to the time I actually started. I had a phone interview with some from NY, I had a face to face with people in the office. I had to pass 2 background checks and a drug test.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me is always the one concerning money.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Buffalo, NY

I interviewed at Delaware North Companies in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process took about a month because it was during the Christmas and New Years Holidays when the airport is busy. I aggressively kept in touch with the HR manager by emailing him. Had a 1:1 interview with the HR manager which was simple however I did tell him that I was in school, so I had to email him my class schedule after the interview. This led to a second interview with another manager who hired me.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Pretty simple.   Answer Question

Director of Culinary and Premier Guest Development Interview

Director of Culinary and Premier Guest Development
Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Delaware North Companies in February 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email from DNA regarding open interviews for the next day. DNA is, in my opinion, a fantastic company so I prepared my materials and scheduled an interview for the next day. I met with the second in command told me I was her first choice. The f

Interview Question – Why do you want this job? (I think both my first interviewer and second felt I was over qualified in some areas and/or unusually qualified because of my professional background). When I met with the first in command he interviewed me in a group office where three other people were within 8 feet of me. That was difficult. Luckily, the woman I had interviewed with first was there too. She was very encouraging and clearly wanted me hired. Unfortunately, I think the first in command was looking for someone who fit the "mold" of what he was looking for and I was not it. I very much wanted the job, could have knocked it out of the ballpark had I been given an opportunity, and really liked the people I met while interviewing. Perhaps another time...   View Answer

Club Supervisor Interview

Club Supervisor
Green Bay, WI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Delaware North Companies in June 2012.

Interview Details – Have problems following through after you are hired, to get you in the building and trained. Numerous people were hired by the company, but never got called back to get trained.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Lot of un-needed classes you have to take to get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After they offer you a job, they will low ball you on your pay, make sure you negotiate.

Director, Human Resources Interview

Director, Human Resources
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Delaware North Companies in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screening interview; company representative called on date & time agreed on and was good at keeping the initial interview within the stated 30 minute time frame she had advised. Was courtious and asked relevant questions. Said she would pass my resume onto the interview team and that I could expect a call back in the next few days. I asked when the company expected to fill the position and the recruiter stated they wanted to fill it "last week" and that the former occupant had just left recently (within the last few weeks). I've heard nothing and am quite dissapointed not to have even received a turn down. They just reposted and I wish them luck. We in HR / Recruiting need to get much better at being more professional and respect others time in the recruiting process. It's okay to turn down an applicat. It\'s not okay to leave them hanging... Just close the process on a professional note.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions or difficult questions. Pretty straight forward, and all based on the posting for the job.   Answer Question

Stand Attendant (Concessions Department) Interview

Stand Attendant (Concessions Department)

I applied online and interviewed at Delaware North Companies.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called the next day to schedule an interview. Interview was pretty simple. Asked for things such as background information on yourself and previous job experiences related to position. After interview was given, if offered the position, you were given background check and drug test papers. Very easy and simple process.

Interview Question – What previous job related experiences would help you succeed with this position?   Answer Question

Warehouse Porter Interview

Warehouse Porter
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Delaware North Companies in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the job through the TeamWorkOnline.com website. I was contacted by phone a couple of weeks later to set up the initial interview at First Energy Stadium. The interview went well, and the supervisor that interviewed me said they had a couple of positions available and they would contact me for general orientation and training shortly. The next phone call I received asked me to come in for what I thought was training, only to find out upon arrival that it was to be my first day of work. The environment was great, and everyone seemed to be very easy-going. My supervisor was strict when it came to getting the work done accurately and on time, but as long as this happened the workplace tended to be very laid-back.

Interview Question – What is the most important aspect that makes a job satisfying?   Answer Question

Executive Chef Interview

Executive Chef

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Delaware North Companies in June 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with corporate HR. Phone interview with Unit GM. Fly out for a tasting and face tot face interview with unit GM, Regional Director of operations. The benefit process and new hire paper work were very labor intensive. It required a lot of time filing out online forms. The moving package was generous and the recruit comes out of pocket for very little. It does however depend on the level of management what package the recruit gets.

Interview Question – Nothing real difficult. If you have lots of interview experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was low balled by so much money it made me feel greedy to counter. I did counter and we settled on less than what I was hoping for.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Associate
Victor, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Delaware North Companies in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview Process is very easy they hire everyone.

Interview Question – DRUG TEST   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Concessions Cashier Interview

Concessions Cashier
East Rutherford, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Delaware North Companies in November 2013.

Interview Details – I got an email from Delaware North (teamwork online) informing me of an upcoming Open House hiring event. I was notified because I had previously set up an email alert on the Delaware North website to tell me about jobs that match my experience & qualifications.

It was held at the venue where I will be working (home of Super Bowl 2013!). Upon arrival, I filled out a pretty standard application, nothing unusual. Bring your resume and references. Then I was escorted to another room where I was interviewed by one person. It didn't even feel like an interview, because the interviewer and I hit it off really well & it felt more like 2 friends chatting each other up.

The questions were easy. "Tell me about a time when you received great service", "Have you ever had a disagreement with a co-worker or supervisor", "What would you do if a customer asked a question you didn't know the answer to", "Why do you want to do this type of work", "Tell me about a time when you changed someone's mind for the better"....etc.....answer honestly and give specific examples. Be friendly, personable, and smile!

I was hired on the spot :) then given information about where to take my drug test (has to be within 48 hours) and told that I'll be emailed about when training will start. And yes - training is paid.

Good luck everyone!

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you received great service" - not really a difficult question, but hard for me to pinpoint one specific instance, because I always get great service everywhere. lol   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, the pay rate was already set. I am very pleased with it because it's higher than the usual pay for the same position at other venues.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Delaware North Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Delaware North Companies Videos

Delaware North Companies – Why Work for Us?

Delaware North: A Hospitality Management Company A GLOBAL LEADER IN HOSPITALITY AND FOOD SERVICE Providing memorable experiences is nothing new for Delaware North. We’ve been doing it for nearly 100 years in many of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Delaware North Companies interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Delaware North Companies employees and interview candidates.