Delaware North

1.9

Director of Development and Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Delaware North in September 2014.

- very diligent in their interview process, depending on position be prepared for up to 3 interviews. - Culture seemed very friendly and welcoming.
    - Be very prepared for the interview as the people interviewing you will have very specific questions for your experience and type of culture you enjoy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about two times you have failed in your career.   Answer Question

Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delaware North in September 2014.

The process went as well as expected due to end of season and my travel commitment for the company. I feel that there could have been a little more review of the information that is provided by the applicant before the interview in some of the steps.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were normal questions nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

The two interviews I went on seemed to go well, but the process was quite vague for me to gauge. There wasn't that much question asking. It was mainly just a tour of the facilities for both interviews. Then everything just dropped off without any answer or indication. Quite odd.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was whether or not I thought I could handle the volume of business.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Delaware North.

The hiring process takes forever. I think I waited 3 months from the time I submitted my resume to the time I actually started. I had a phone interview with some from NY, I had a face to face with people in the office. I had to pass 2 background checks and a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me is always the one concerning money.   Answer Question

Director, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Delaware North in April 2014.

Phone screening interview; company representative called on date & time agreed on and was good at keeping the initial interview within the stated 30 minute time frame she had advised. Was courtious and asked relevant questions. Said she would pass my resume onto the interview team and that I could expect a call back in the next few days. I asked when the company expected to fill the position and the recruiter stated they wanted to fill it "last week" and that the former occupant had just left recently (within the last few weeks). I've heard nothing and am quite dissapointed not to have even received a turn down. They just reposted and I wish them luck. We in HR / Recruiting need to get much better at being more professional and respect others time in the recruiting process. It's okay to turn down an applicat. It\'s not okay to leave them hanging... Just close the process on a professional note.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions or difficult questions. Pretty straight forward, and all based on the posting for the job.   Answer Question

Stand Attendant (Concessions Department) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Delaware North.

Applied online and was called the next day to schedule an interview. Interview was pretty simple. Asked for things such as background information on yourself and previous job experiences related to position. After interview was given, if offered the position, you were given background check and drug test papers. Very easy and simple process.

Interview Questions
    • What previous job related experiences would help you succeed with this position?   Answer Question

Director of Culinary and Premier Guest Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Delaware North in February 2014.

I received an email from DNA regarding open interviews for the next day. DNA is, in my opinion, a fantastic company so I prepared my materials and scheduled an interview for the next day. I met with the second in command told me I was her first choice. The f

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job? (I think both my first interviewer and second felt I was over qualified in some areas and/or unusually qualified because of my professional background). When I met with the first in command he interviewed me in a group office where three other people were within 8 feet of me. That was difficult. Luckily, the woman I had interviewed with first was there too. She was very encouraging and clearly wanted me hired. Unfortunately, I think the first in command was looking for someone who fit the "mold" of what he was looking for and I was not it. I very much wanted the job, could have knocked it out of the ballpark had I been given an opportunity, and really liked the people I met while interviewing. Perhaps another time...   View Answer

Food Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Delaware North.

Applied online. They called me about a week or two later and we scheduled a phone interview for the next week. The interviewer was very nice, and asked me almost all behavioral questions (or asked if I could meet all the requirements of the job). The interview only lasted about 15 or 20 minutes and was very easy.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel interacting with people of other cultures? Do you have any weaknesses that could apply to this job?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Set salary.

Concessions Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Rutherford, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Rutherford, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Delaware North in November 2013.

I got an email from Delaware North (teamwork online) informing me of an upcoming Open House hiring event. I was notified because I had previously set up an email alert on the Delaware North website to tell me about jobs that match my experience & qualifications.

It was held at the venue where I will be working (home of Super Bowl 2013!). Upon arrival, I filled out a pretty standard application, nothing unusual. Bring your resume and references. Then I was escorted to another room where I was interviewed by one person. It didn't even feel like an interview, because the interviewer and I hit it off really well & it felt more like 2 friends chatting each other up.

The questions were easy. "Tell me about a time when you received great service", "Have you ever had a disagreement with a co-worker or supervisor", "What would you do if a customer asked a question you didn't know the answer to", "Why do you want to do this type of work", "Tell me about a time when you changed someone's mind for the better"....etc.....answer honestly and give specific examples. Be friendly, personable, and smile!

I was hired on the spot :) then given information about where to take my drug test (has to be within 48 hours) and told that I'll be emailed about when training will start. And yes - training is paid.

Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you received great service" - not really a difficult question, but hard for me to pinpoint one specific instance, because I always get great service everywhere. lol   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, the pay rate was already set. I am very pleased with it because it's higher than the usual pay for the same position at other venues.

Dish Washer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yosemite National Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yosemite National Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Delaware North.

computer and over the phone interview

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with unsatisfied costumer   View Answer
    easy