Delaware State University Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Delaware State University

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Delaware State University (Dover, DE) in August 2014.

Interview

It was very conversational. I felt an immediate connection with the hiring manager. She was great. It was a group interview, but I could feel that I was over-qualified for the position because the group looked shocked each time I mentioned one of my skills or how I perform in my job. I had been out of a job for 10 months, so I didn't really care at the time. I just needed a job.

Interview Questions

• How would you treat a student who is upset and they come into your office?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was NO negotiation. I was offered $10K less than I was making a year ago, but I needed a job.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Delaware State University (Dover, DE) in April 2012.

Interview

disorganized and didn't know the details until 5 pm the day before traveling

Interview Questions

• No major questions were asked   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Grantswriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delaware State University in October 2009.

Interview

After having me interview with a panel of 5 people, I was sent to a room to write a proposal on the spot, using the computer in the room, which had a version of Microsoft Word that I was not familiar with, with no calculator. Forewarned? No.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you?   1 Answer