Delaware Valley College

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Housekeeper Interview

Doylestown, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Delaware Valley College in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was told by a current coworker about a job opening at the college. A colleague of hers was management at the college so I got in contact with him and he set up an interview right away. After going over my credentials it was a done deal. The job was for a new position, mainly summer help with floor care and trash removal. Everything went through just fine and I was on board in no time.

Interview Question – It was more of a get together than an interview. Very laid back, and when it came down to business it was like most other interviews on this level of employment. No crazy questions, just basically going over qualifications   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He threw a number at me, and I accepted. It was more than what the other housekeepers on campus were making (the ones who had minimal time vested with the company). Also the opportunity for overtime was always there.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Instructor Interview

Doylestown, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Delaware Valley College.

Interview Details – I was called after submitting resume to HigherEdJobs.com. I went to the campus in person.

Interview Question – Did I understand that most of the instructors didn't stay that long and they could never guarantee that I would have a course to teach every semester?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The atmosphere was very overtly racist and felt uncomfortable as soon as I arrived on campus from the workers in the yard, the reception desk, and the office secretary. It was a very hostile environment with the intimidating stares, etc.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Delaware Valley College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Delaware Valley College interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Delaware Valley College employees and interview candidates.