Delcam Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

4.2

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Delcam (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Straight forward application form, got an offer for assessment day 5 days later. Assessment day: -1 hour Numerical/Logic test, no preparation required for this, you can either do it or you can't. -15 min tea break. -1 hour C++ programming test (on paper). Need to prepare for. Somewhere in your assessment day invitation email it will say "You don't have to know any C++ to pass the test...", don't let this deceive you, in my opinion the test requires a solid understanding of C++ to even read the questions, let alone answer them. The test consists of an A4 page of C++ code, you are then asked some questions on the code and to write some function bodies to match the function prototypes. The test (well my test anyway) made heavy use of linked lists and pointers so make sure you have a solid understanding of them. -Successful candidates then go on to get interviewed.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Small Heath, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Delcam (Small Heath, England (UK)).

Interview

Process was very fast, after online application was invited to an assessment day. After being told programming knowledge was not essential in the application I felt positive going into the tests. The first test was a mathematical one which i had no problem with. The second was a C++ programming one. There was little one on one interaction with staff, and more with other applicants. After the tests the top 3 were taken to the next stage, the rest of us were sent home. We were told the next stage was a one to one interview and a tour of the offices and workshops.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied online and quickly got an invitation for assessment day. It was fairly easy. You need to pass two tests. One is a programming aptitude test requiring you finishing 10 questions in 1 hr. Given some boxes and operators, you were asked to find proper solutions to solve simple arithmetic problems. The other is a programming skill test. Although they said you need no C++ knowledge, I think you do need some. Familiar with pointers, C++ class, overriding, and linked list, you will be fine.

Not good pay

Applications Engineer Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Delcam (Birmingham, England (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

Assessment day, total of 10 contenders. We waited until everyone had arrived and then we were sent into a room with 10 tables spaced around. They gave a presentation on the company and told us that there will be 2 exams testing our maths and thinking skills, if we passed we would have a one to one interview and a tour around the premises. Tests completed, we were then invited to have lunch with previous years graduates who made it through. Near the end, results were announced. The exams were really difficult. Only 1 person got through. Everyone else got less than 40%. Knowing A-level Maths helps.

Software Engineer/Cad-cam Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Delcam (Pune (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

More importance is given to your overall academic performance so as to get shortlisted for Aptitude test. Objective paper was followed by 2 technical interviews. The objective paper consisted both aptitude and programming(C and C++ only) related questions. The paper went quite well for me.. Technical interview was full of basic C programming, OOPs concepts and some geometry.