Delft University of Technology

2.9

PhD Position In Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delft University of Technology in January 2014.

Submitted application, then selected for Skype interview. 1-hour Skype interview in which I had to present my research experience and my ambitions towards the project on which I would be working.

Doctor of Philosophy (Ph D ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delft (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Delft University of Technology.

After submitting an online application consisting of CV, motivation letter and reference list to a Ph.D. opening, got mail for a phone interview. After 30 mins of phone interview, I was invited for a group presentation and panel interview. Completing all the rounds, I was offered the job. The entire process from application till getting an offer took less than 2 months. The people who interviewed me and later happened to be my daily supervisor and Ph.D. promoters were very nice people professionally and personally.

Interview Questions
    • How much time would you allocate to planning, performing and analyzing an experiment.   Answer Question

PDeng Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delft (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delft University of Technology.

I applied online for the position. Cover letter, CV, reference letters, diploma and grade sheets had to be submitted as the application. Based on the documents submitted, I was invited for the interview within a couple of weeks. The interview consisted of the technical / thesis presentation followed by the general interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • The technical presentation went on much longer than expected. The other questions weren't difficult.   Answer Question

PhD Interview

A normal interview where I had to give presentation of my master thesis to two professors and two post-docs of the group. The presentation lasted only 30 minutes. After it, they asked some general questions. Their question were mostly about my presentation and my cv. All in all, it was an expected process.

PDeng Trainee Interview

focussed on team work and fit with other batch mates

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delft (Netherlands)

Initial communications were via email and two interviews were conducted in a span of two months. The interviews were technical and I had to present my previous work to the members of the group I was going to work with. I found the people very open, the work culture was very goal driven (4 peer-reviewed articles required by the completion of the PhD)

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to give examples of success I had achieved as an individual and as a team and to choose which one was better.   View Answer
    Not much room for negotiation. Make the deliverables clear to your promotor and supervisor.

Research Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Two professors interviewed me, asked what I have done, what is my research topic, what will I do if I meet troubles/questions when doing research

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delft University of Technology in January 2013.

Saw advertisement on Academictransfer.com, sent in application and had 2 interviews after paper review. First interview with main team members, second interview with future supervisor and director of the department. After accepting the offer I had a meeting with the HR Advisor who explained the terms of employment and secondary conditions.

PhD Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delft (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Delft University of Technology in March 2012.

First you apply for a position. Then they will review your CV. if they like it you will be a candidate and they will contact you to setup an appointment for interview which is the most important part of the process. It can be a multi stage interview and be done several times.

Interview Questions
    • The challenges and best approaches to the project!   View Answer
    smooth and logical!

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delft (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Delft University of Technology in March 2011.

In case a position is announced on the webpage of the university of the departments, one can apply for that. If he(she) is qualified, the person in charge invites him for an interview and after that a committee will decide to hire him or not.

Interview Questions
    • They usually ask about everything you have mentioned in your resume. You should have a good knowledge about what you have done in the past.   Answer Question