Dell Account Executive Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Varies greatly by manager. Some managers will want to do a mock customer meeting. Some will simply be similar to most companies about you and your past and how it fits the current role. Most interviews are one interview/meeting only when you are an external candidate. Internal interviews can go several rounds depending on the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with ambiguity?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Dell will negotiate depending on experience / previous pay at similar company. Always ask for more money from Dell. They will pay for about 50% of the time.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Very good experience through the interview process. The talent acquisition team is very professional and were very diligent in their follow ups.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, they offered within the range I was considering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell (San Jose, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

7 interviews

Interview Questions

• How would you sell enterprise, mobility, software, and services to customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

I was already working for Dell and as such was privy to contacts. I spent time positioning for this role before the actual interview by meeting regularly with potential hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty typical and what you would expect. There is nothing that caught me off guard that I can recall.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Hiring and Interview Process was not very professional. Only met with the hiring manager once! Also, they use outside recruiters that are contracted out who were not very good in my opinion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Contacted an ex co-worker when I was looking for a position in hi tech sales. She put me into the middle of an ongoing search directly with the hiring manager. We had a phone interview and a review of my resume. My resume was submitted officially to HR and I met with the hiring manager face to face for an hour long sitdown. He then asked me to meet two of his more senior AEs over lunch. We discussed our experiences and backgrounds. I sat down once more with the hiring manager and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• There was a surprisingly large amount of dialog around selling into the data center and a bit more technical jargon than I had expected. My background was a perfect fit though based on Dell's strategy for selling to the enterprise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated an extra week of vacation (3), some RSU options

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

Hiring process started with phone interviews and ended with in person interviews with my hiring director and Group VP. The interview process was smooth, and i always fely i knew where I stood and what the next step was.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, the position was a very good match for me based on my experience, and I was being recruited for my experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Irvine, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

Multiple interviews with Sales Manager, SE Manager, SE and Inside Sales Manager. Process was lengthy but once the hiring manager made a decision, the response from the recruiter with an offer letter was very quick, less than three weeks overall. The interview from the Inside Sales manager was very canned - "Tell me about a time when....". The hiring manager was very dynamic; very intelligent and quick individual.

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell (Hyderābād (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

The first round was wasy and the HR made me feel comfortable but then in the second round with a manager,I was literally into tears. He was rude to me adnd don't know for what reason.As soon as he told me that he cannot continue this interview any further,I took a deep breath and said to myself THANK GOD and left. I think he din't like the idea that I was pursuing MBA at that time. I could see the change in his expression when I told him this. Worst experience ever! :(

Interview Questions

• Do you believe in hard work or smart work?   3 Answers

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Geneva (Switzerland)) in May 2012.

Interview

Chaotic and highly unprofessional (that was in Geneva, Switzerland). Two managers being not consensual, laughing on inappropriate occasions, talking (too loud) behind ones back. I did not feel taken serious, and the manager who invited me was already fired, which I've found out later, once I worked there.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind to work for another manager than the one who invited you here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be sure you get an official, binding job description, or you end up doing everybodies work