Dell

Updated Aug 7, 2014

3.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in October 2010.

Several months to get from start to finish. First did a pre-screening interview which was in effect a screening session. Next interviewed with a regional sales mgr. who would become my boss. Next flew to Austin HQ and interviewed with 5 people over the course of a day. Met with 2 Hr people for first interviews, Simple, personality and generic type questions. Then met with senior level mgr. for tougher interivew. Then met with insides sales mgr. and vp level for most challgengin interviews.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle a customer who is upset with the performance of the company you work for when that company is clearly at fault in a one on one setting where you are clearly the representative for that company and the customer is berrating you?   View Answer
I accepted first offer and would now recommend that others negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in August 2008.

2 x panel interviews with 3 internal sales managers

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe Dell's unique value proposition is?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell in November 2012.

The first round was wasy and the HR made me feel comfortable but then in the second round with a manager,I was literally into tears. He was rude to me adnd don't know for what reason.As soon as he told me that he cannot continue this interview any further,I took a deep breath and said to myself THANK GOD and left. I think he din't like the idea that I was pursuing MBA at that time. I could see the change in his expression when I told him this. Worst experience ever! :(

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in September 2011.

7 interviews

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell enterprise, mobility, software, and services to customer?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Varies greatly by manager. Some managers will want to do a mock customer meeting. Some will simply be similar to most companies about you and your past and how it fits the current role. Most interviews are one interview/meeting only when you are an external candidate. Internal interviews can go several rounds depending on the role.

Interview Questions
    Dell will negotiate depending on experience / previous pay at similar company. Always ask for more money from Dell. They will pay for about 50% of the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in April 2012.

Very good experience through the interview process. The talent acquisition team is very professional and were very diligent in their follow ups.

I did not negotiate, they offered within the range I was considering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in January 2011.

I was already working for Dell and as such was privy to contacts. I spent time positioning for this role before the actual interview by meeting regularly with potential hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty typical and what you would expect. There is nothing that caught me off guard that I can recall.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Dell in May 2012.

Chaotic and highly unprofessional (that was in Geneva, Switzerland). Two managers being not consensual, laughing on inappropriate occasions, talking (too loud) behind ones back. I did not feel taken serious, and the manager who invited me was already fired, which I've found out later, once I worked there.

Interview Questions
    • Do you mind to work for another manager than the one who invited you here?   View Answer
    Be sure you get an official, binding job description, or you end up doing everybodies work

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in March 2008.

Complete disconnect between the Dell recruiter and the hiring manager. Hiring manager had not read my resume in advance and also thought I was interviewing for a position different from the one I was contacted for. Hiring manager was completely unprepared. Series of interviews by those on the team. Seemed to be a very inwardly-focused group. Crummy corporate hell offices in Round Rock.

In retrospect, I felt that Dell was simply filling an interviewing quota. Candidates invest a lot in interviewing -take a day off work, a night in a hotel in my case, and not least -the preparation and expectations. I always value the experience of interviewing, but this was a waste. I would not have taken a job if offered. Maybe things have changed?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dell in September 2009.

Hiring process started with phone interviews and ended with in person interviews with my hiring director and Group VP. The interview process was smooth, and i always fely i knew where I stood and what the next step was.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, the position was a very good match for me based on my experience, and I was being recruited for my experience.   Answer Question