Dell

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an executive recruiter.

Interview Question – I had two interviews, a skills test and an IQ test. Both were at an expected level   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Having an employee referral really helps you in the hiring process at Dell. The interview was very laid back and the interviewers (direct managers) were very welcoming. Standard question scenario - "run me through your resume, your 5 year plan, why our company?" The offer was extended within 2 days and on boarding began immediately.

Interview Question – Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer ?   View Answers (21)

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable salary and commission offered.

Very Easy Interview

Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview Details – I first received an email, then they asked me for a phone interview. During the phone interview they asked me to explain my experience, then we set up a face to face interview. The in person interview had 3 managers and they asked me a variety of questions relating to sales.

Interview Question – What would you do if the customer needed a quote by COB and you couldn't get it done?   View Answer

Round Rock, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was already a Dell employee. I was a sales rep. in the consumer sales division. I started mentoring in the SPA (select public accounts) department for an account manager position. I set up mentoring sessions with various account managers and their managers. I was then asked to interview once I had fulfilled my 18 month requirement in consumer sales. The interview was with 3 different sales managers. It was very conversational. I had my resume and a powerpoint deck with my quarterly numbers and awards (Dell loves DAP (Dell Action Plan) decks). My manager at the time helped my with the Deck.

Interview Question – What is your 5 year plan?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was ofered a pay increase, but no level increase. I asked for a SR3, rather than a SR2, but was told I should be very happy with the generous pay increase- not everyone was offered that.

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dell in August 2008.

Interview Details – 2 interviews conducted. they will ask you several questions. Dell at the end is not the company that you need to work with. They will seem professional but inside you sometime feel that you have managers that don't wont you to grow also your numbers are being over achieved just becouse they favour some on on the team or becouse they want you to stay so you can keep making the manager numbers. Over all experience is very stress full working for dell, One example on how professional they are one the economy hits hard they layed out a whole floor and started firing people for redicuoles reasons.

Interview Question – give me an example when you exceed customer excpectations, or a time when you had a bad customer experience and how did you over come the outcome .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negitiate your base.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dell in February 2009.

Interview Details – Very professional. Very structured interview and company. A lot of the benefits have declined over time and the market growth is what it used to be. If you want to start out working hourly, cutting your teeth to make a decent salary someday, this place is for you. If you dont like working on the phone, this place is not for you. Good luck!

Interview Questions

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward. Background and why Dell

Interview Question – Can't think of one. current trends   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straight forward

Montpellier (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in June 2012.

Interview Details – Long process (at least 4 interview with 4 different managers) but no trap. People wants to know you and try to see if you have strategy to improve the business. Most of the time, the interview process is professionnal and with good relationships

Interview Question – No special to say. It depends of the manager, some ll be grumpy with you to see how you d react, some are friendly. sometimes, 4 interview are not enough so it's possible to get until 10...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – others projects for my carreer

Account Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in December 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 3 managers. From what I could tell they were looking for people that could mulitask. sale solutions and be customer focused. They have different business units so be prepared for each of them to call you.

Interview Questions

Bracknell, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was painless and was professionally run. The interviewers were pleasant and seemed informed about the company and the position and asked relevant questions. They were able to answer all the questions posed to them and the interview was run on time and pleasant.

The interview wasn't very long but the time was well spent. They did not ask any of the soft interview questions but got straight to the point and described the position, it's requirements and their expectations.

Interview Question – What are the weak points of the Equalogic product line and how would you overcome objections about them.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I did not feel that either the position or the company was a good fit for me as the role was very well defined and I was looking for something with more variety and challenge to it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dell

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Dell – Why Work for Us?

The focus in Dell for our team members is very much on creating an environment where every individual can be their best and do their best work in service of our customers. Our philosophy toward people is to "build… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dell employees and interview candidates.