Dell

2.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in February 2011.

I was contacted by an executive recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • I had two interviews, a skills test and an IQ test. Both were at an expected level   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Account Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in December 2009.

I interviewed with 3 managers. From what I could tell they were looking for people that could mulitask. sale solutions and be customer focused. They have different business units so be prepared for each of them to call you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dell in February 2009.

Very professional. Very structured interview and company. A lot of the benefits have declined over time and the market growth is what it used to be. If you want to start out working hourly, cutting your teeth to make a decent salary someday, this place is for you. If you dont like working on the phone, this place is not for you. Good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dell in August 2008.

2 interviews conducted. they will ask you several questions. Dell at the end is not the company that you need to work with. They will seem professional but inside you sometime feel that you have managers that don't wont you to grow also your numbers are being over achieved just becouse they favour some on on the team or becouse they want you to stay so you can keep making the manager numbers. Over all experience is very stress full working for dell, One example on how professional they are one the economy hits hard they layed out a whole floor and started firing people for redicuoles reasons.

Interview Questions
    • give me an example when you exceed customer excpectations, or a time when you had a bad customer experience and how did you over come the outcome .   Answer Question
    negitiate your base.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in May 2011.

The interview process was painless and was professionally run. The interviewers were pleasant and seemed informed about the company and the position and asked relevant questions. They were able to answer all the questions posed to them and the interview was run on time and pleasant.

The interview wasn't very long but the time was well spent. They did not ask any of the soft interview questions but got straight to the point and described the position, it's requirements and their expectations.

Interview Questions
    • What are the weak points of the Equalogic product line and how would you overcome objections about them.   View Answer

I did not feel that either the position or the company was a good fit for me as the role was very well defined and I was looking for something with more variety and challenge to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

interviewed at Dell in December 2011.

I applied online with a referral from a fellow employee. I had a phone interview with HR and a second interview 2 weeks later over the phone. I was offered the position 2 weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell in January 2011.

I was already a Dell employee. I was a sales rep. in the consumer sales division. I started mentoring in the SPA (select public accounts) department for an account manager position. I set up mentoring sessions with various account managers and their managers. I was then asked to interview once I had fulfilled my 18 month requirement in consumer sales. The interview was with 3 different sales managers. It was very conversational. I had my resume and a powerpoint deck with my quarterly numbers and awards (Dell loves DAP (Dell Action Plan) decks). My manager at the time helped my with the Deck.

Interview Questions
    I was ofered a pay increase, but no level increase. I asked for a SR3, rather than a SR2, but was told I should be very happy with the generous pay increase- not everyone was offered that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in May 2011.

I first received an email, then they asked me for a phone interview. During the phone interview they asked me to explain my experience, then we set up a face to face interview. The in person interview had 3 managers and they asked me a variety of questions relating to sales.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the customer needed a quote by COB and you couldn't get it done?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Having an employee referral really helps you in the hiring process at Dell. The interview was very laid back and the interviewers (direct managers) were very welcoming. Standard question scenario - "run me through your resume, your 5 year plan, why our company?" The offer was extended within 2 days and on boarding began immediately.

Interview Questions
    Non-negotiable salary and commission offered.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Pretty straight forward. Background and why Dell