Dell

Dell Accounting Intern Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dell in October 2013.

on campus (at my university) interview, followed by an on-site interview. Interviewers were all very friendly. There were a lot of people that they had there for the on-site interviews, for full time and part time accounting and finance positions. It was intimidating at first, but I got the sense that if you they brought you out to round rock to interview then they were already interested.

Interview Questions
  • nothing out of the ordinary. A very typical behavioral interview with friendly interviewers   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in October 2013.

I initially applied for the Dell Accounting Intern position through my University's recruiting system. This process was easy and was just a resume drop. I received a first round interview that was to take place about a week after being notified. This interview was a 30 minute behavioral 2-on-1 with two managers at Dell. I was a little nervous going in, but the interview was relatively easy. The two managers were making up questions as they went and it was fairly casual relative to some other interviews I have experienced. Two days later I received an email telling me I was not chosen for 2nd rounds, which was a surprise to me because I thought I did decent on the interview and I know that my resume is very competitive. However, two days following that I received another email telling me that I was indeed selected for second rounds... I thought that this mistake was extremely unprofessional. I went on with second rounds which consisted of three, 30-minute back-to-back behavior interviews that were similar to the first. These were 1-on-1 interviews with current managers. Once again the mangers were just making up questions as they went with no real structure. In fact, on my last one it was mainly me asking the questions. Then there was a campus tour and lunch provided. It was again hard to tell how I did in the interviews because they were so casual and it seemed like I did a good job. I did not end up receiving the position, and I am unsure as to why.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me "What does it mean to be a leader"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell in October 2012.

I applied for the position through my campus career site and attended an info session before I submitted my resume. After the submission deadline (1 month later), I was notified that I had been accepted for an interview, and attended another info session two days prior to the interview. This allowed extra time for networking with the individuals who would be doing the actual interviewing. The actual interview was not too stressful, and was mostly behavioral questions. I was able to tell about past experiences in a meaningful way and emphasize my applicable experience in other accounting positions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a time when you were given a project/deliverable without any specific guidance about accomplishing the task. What was the result and how did you achieve this?   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Dell in October 2011.

We actually had a pre-interview networking a day before they actual interview, so we could meet and talk with our interviewer and get to know him/her. The interview was pretty laid back. It was just like a casual conversation. My interviewer basically walked through my resume and he asked questions based on what I wrote in the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose Accounting Intern position while you major in Finance?   Answer Question

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!