Dell

Very Easy Interview

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in April 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview with HR

Negotiation Details – they don't negotiate

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 4 interviewers in one day and could be for one or more positions depending on availability. Most questions are behavioral. Then HR will contact with an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about your top characteristics.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation started in email after first HR contact. Then by phone once HR has a final adjusted offer.

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Oct - Dec so about 2-3 months process. Long periods of silence. Interview was pretty standard questions. More of a chance for me to interview the company. My situation was different since I was a targeted candidate being recruited.

Negotiation Details – None needed, offer was very reasonable. Mgmt supported my personal trip 3 months after I started.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Program Manager' Interview

Senior Program Manager'
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screens, In-person interview, over the phone negotiation

Negotiation Details – Over phone. I had another offer that I used to keep both escalating

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in November 2013.

Interview Details – Met with hiring mgr after attending job fair (this was in 1993),

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in October 2013.

Interview Details – I initially applied for the Dell Accounting Intern position through my University's recruiting system. This process was easy and was just a resume drop. I received a first round interview that was to take place about a week after being notified. This interview was a 30 minute behavioral 2-on-1 with two managers at Dell. I was a little nervous going in, but the interview was relatively easy. The two managers were making up questions as they went and it was fairly casual relative to some other interviews I have experienced. Two days later I received an email telling me I was not chosen for 2nd rounds, which was a surprise to me because I thought I did decent on the interview and I know that my resume is very competitive. However, two days following that I received another email telling me that I was indeed selected for second rounds... I thought that this mistake was extremely unprofessional. I went on with second rounds which consisted of three, 30-minute back-to-back behavior interviews that were similar to the first. These were 1-on-1 interviews with current managers. Once again the mangers were just making up questions as they went with no real structure. In fact, on my last one it was mainly me asking the questions. Then there was a campus tour and lunch provided. It was again hard to tell how I did in the interviews because they were so casual and it seemed like I did a good job. I did not end up receiving the position, and I am unsure as to why.

Interview Question – They asked me "What does it mean to be a leader"   View Answer

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dell in October 2013.

Interview Details – on campus (at my university) interview, followed by an on-site interview. Interviewers were all very friendly. There were a lot of people that they had there for the on-site interviews, for full time and part time accounting and finance positions. It was intimidating at first, but I got the sense that if you they brought you out to round rock to interview then they were already interested.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary. A very typical behavioral interview with friendly interviewers   Answer Question

Metrics Analyst Interview

Metrics Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in November 2009.

Interview Details – Got a call from a recruiter to schedule a full-day interview, went in, came out, got another call for a second round of interview. Given two different opportunities.
Offer was made the following Monday.

Interview Question – What's your favor magazine.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had two interviews, a skills test and an IQ test. The interviewer asked me tell her about myself and she also asked me several technical questions. She was also very itnerested in knowing why I wanted the job and asked me to tell her a funny joke in order to proof my sense of humor

Interview Question – How many paper sheets are there in the US?   Answer Question

Storage Engineer Interview

Storage Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell in May 2013.

Interview Details – Went through a recruiter who scheduled the phone interview. It took approximately 30 minutes, with 3 engineers of the team on the call. The questions were mostly technical and not much else. It was difficult to understand some of the questions because the interviewer has an accent and the call quality was not great at the time.

Interview Question – Question about provisioning of SSD.   Answer Question