Dell

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Bracknell, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2008.

Interview Details – Unprofessional

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Inappropriate question - "Have you got kids? because the hours here are long"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Bracknell, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell in March 2011.

Interview Details – Extremely informal chat with manager followed by a call with the hiring manager to talk about aspirations followed by a full on technical interview which took an hour then another follow up chat with manager.

Interview Question – Talk about all of the elements you need to consider when putting together a data centre hosted solution to be accessed remotely over the WAN by 2000 users   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Generous pay rise was offered therefore did not negotiate

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Bracknell, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was painless and was professionally run. The interviewers were pleasant and seemed informed about the company and the position and asked relevant questions. They were able to answer all the questions posed to them and the interview was run on time and pleasant.

The interview wasn't very long but the time was well spent. They did not ask any of the soft interview questions but got straight to the point and described the position, it's requirements and their expectations.

Interview Question – What are the weak points of the Equalogic product line and how would you overcome objections about them.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I did not feel that either the position or the company was a good fit for me as the role was very well defined and I was looking for something with more variety and challenge to it.

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Bracknell, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied directly on the Dell careers website.

The first interview was a 45 minute telephone interview with a manager based in the US, there were some Technical questions, but mainly about how I handle myself when presented with challenges, and what my achievements were in my career so far.

The second panel interview was also done over the phone. I spoke with 3 people, and they went over my CV and asked questions about my work experience, and why I was interested in this particular position.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!