Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Dell
- Inside Sales Representative (39)
- Software Engineer (33)
- Software Developer (18)
- Program Manager (16)
- Senior Software Engineer (14)
- Account Executive (13)
- Business Analyst (13)
- Sales Representative (11)
- Account Manager (11)
- Sales Engineer (9)
- Technical Analyst (9)
- Senior Analyst (9)
- Financial Analyst (9)
- Software Development Analyst (9)
- Software Development Advisor (9)
- Client Technical Support Associate (9)
- Product Marketing Manager (8)
- Marketing Manager (8)
- Senior Business Analyst (7)
- Customer Service Representative (7)
- Project Manager (7)
- Senior Product Manager (6)
- Sales Associate (6)
- Consultant (6)
- Marketing Director (6)
- Business Systems Analyst (6)
- Sales Manager (6)
- Testing Engineer (5)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (5)
- Associate (5)
Helpful (2)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Dell (Bracknell, England (UK)) in May 2011.
The interview process was painless and was professionally run. The interviewers were pleasant and seemed informed about the company and the position and asked relevant questions. They were able to answer all the questions posed to them and the interview was run on time and pleasant.
The interview wasn't very long but the time was well spent. They did not ask any of the soft interview questions but got straight to the point and described the position, it's requirements and their expectations.
- What are the weak points of the Equalogic product line and how would you overcome objections about them. 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
I did not feel that either the position or the company was a good fit for me as the role was very well defined and I was looking for something with more variety and challenge to it.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Dell (Bracknell, England (UK)) in March 2011.
Extremely informal chat with manager followed by a call with the hiring manager to talk about aspirations followed by a full on technical interview which took an hour then another follow up chat with manager.
- Talk about all of the elements you need to consider when putting together a data centre hosted solution to be accessed remotely over the WAN by 2000 users 1 Answer
Generous pay rise was offered therefore did not negotiate
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Dell (Bracknell, England (UK)) in August 2009.
I applied directly on the Dell careers website.
The first interview was a 45 minute telephone interview with a manager based in the US, there were some Technical questions, but mainly about how I handle myself when presented with challenges, and what my achievements were in my career so far.
The second panel interview was also done over the phone. I spoke with 3 people, and they went over my CV and asked questions about my work experience, and why I was interested in this particular position.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Dell (Bracknell, England (UK)) in June 2008.
- No difficult questions. Inappropriate question - "Have you got kids? because the hours here are long" Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review