Dell

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in August 2010.

Interview Details – Easy interview nothing unexpected

Interview Question – More interested in your skills   Answer Question

Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2010.

Interview Details – Easy communication. The conversations were casual but investigative. The experience here was not difficult. I met with 3 people in the process. Everyone had a new perspective on the role since it was a new position in a newly organized group.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I had was where i wanted to be in 2 years. At Dell, the mentality is after 18 months, you need to start looking within to grow your understanding of the company. I had not considered the position to have an expiration date and was looking for something with longevity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took the offer as is. It was a fair number and the flexibility of the role was a huge bonus.

Business Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – A friend recommended, I was interviewed in 2 days, got hired in one week

Interview Question – Why I was changing my path career   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in February 2012.

Interview Details – Describe a difficult situation that occurred on your last job and how did you handle it.

RAID mostly. If you have three 200GB drives, what is the total capacity for storage?
What are your plans for the future here

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation that occurred on your last job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not negotiable

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2012.

Interview Details – I started the interview process around 4 days after applying and it was pretty straight forward. I had an interview with a recruiter then had a technical interview around 5 days later which was faily easy, around 15 questions about using servers. 3 weeks later I had another interview with a panel of 2 people for behavior analysis and I still have not heard back yet.

Interview Question – Please describe a time were you were put in a difficult situation and how did you get out of it?   Answer Question

Round Rock, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dell in April 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview process. Started with a half hour phone screen, with the person that ultimately would be my manager. Then did a few back to back interviews in person. The first set were two folks that I would work directly with, the second set were both peers with the manager, and the final interview was a one on one with the director of the department. Within a day of the face to face, I received the email stating that an offer was forthcoming. I received the offer 5 days later.

Interview Question – Lots of behavioral type stuff, tell me about a difficult project, etc.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2012.

Interview Details – It was a 3 round interview ...one with a senior member from project team .. then Project Manager and then the HR round.

Interview Question – What is that you are expecting from this job as part of employee policies?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR round was the negotiation round .. there was very small room for negotiation

Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dell in March 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was tedious; and the interview process was horrible; there was no sense of professionalism; the HRs do not respond accordingly and the feedbacks are too bad; very much delay in all the aspects of Hiring & Onboarding

Interview Question – Can you have the notice period of 30 days only in the current organization.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much is what the negotiation phase; I accepted what they offered to me.

Pilani (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in February 2012.

Interview Details – Routine questions-
1. Aptitude Test (At par with CAT- QA/ DI/ LR: 1 hour 40 questions)
2. Resume round (be thorough with whatever you put in your CV)
3. Technical round (Guesstimates/ puzzles, Basic Case Study)
4. HR Round (Career Aspirations, Motivation in Life)

Interview Question – HR Round may be tricky especially if you're a fresher. Be prepared for questions like 'why not an MBA'   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fixed Salary.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell in November 2010.

Interview Details – Only speak what you know.

Interview Question – Specific Regression techniques   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ok

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!