Dell Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

He asked me all behavorial question. He asked me everything about my resume which involved talking about where I am from, where i went to high school, road blocks in life and how i overcame them and if I got bad partner in a project, how would I approach them?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

A friend recommended, I was interviewed in 2 days, got hired in one week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

RAID mostly. If you have three 200GB drives, what is the total capacity for storage?
    What are your plans for the future here

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that occurred on your last job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

I started the interview process around 4 days after applying and it was pretty straight forward. I had an interview with a recruiter then had a technical interview around 5 days later which was faily easy, around 15 questions about using servers. 3 weeks later I had another interview with a panel of 2 people for behavior analysis and I still have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time were you were put in a difficult situation and how did you get out of it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Easy interview nothing unexpected

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Easy communication. The conversations were casual but investigative. The experience here was not difficult. I met with 3 people in the process. Everyone had a new perspective on the role since it was a new position in a newly organized group.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I had was where i wanted to be in 2 years. At Dell, the mentality is after 18 months, you need to start looking within to grow your understanding of the company. I had not considered the position to have an expiration date and was looking for something with longevity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took the offer as is. It was a fair number and the flexibility of the role was a huge bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Started with a half hour phone screen, with the person that ultimately would be my manager. Then did a few back to back interviews in person. The first set were two folks that I would work directly with, the second set were both peers with the manager, and the final interview was a one on one with the director of the department. Within a day of the face to face, I received the email stating that an offer was forthcoming. I received the offer 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral type stuff, tell me about a difficult project, etc.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

It was a 3 round interview ...one with a senior member from project team .. then Project Manager and then the HR round.

Interview Questions

• What is that you are expecting from this job as part of employee policies?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR round was the negotiation round .. there was very small room for negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dell (Pune (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was tedious; and the interview process was horrible; there was no sense of professionalism; the HRs do not respond accordingly and the feedbacks are too bad; very much delay in all the aspects of Hiring & Onboarding

Interview Questions

• Can you have the notice period of 30 days only in the current organization.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much is what the negotiation phase; I accepted what they offered to me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pilani (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell (Pilani (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

Routine questions-
    1. Aptitude Test (At par with CAT- QA/ DI/ LR: 1 hour 40 questions)
    2. Resume round (be thorough with whatever you put in your CV)
    3. Technical round (Guesstimates/ puzzles, Basic Case Study)
    4. HR Round (Career Aspirations, Motivation in Life)

Interview Questions

• HR Round may be tricky especially if you're a fresher. Be prepared for questions like 'why not an MBA'   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fixed Salary.