Dell

Dell Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in November 2010.

Only speak what you know.

Ok

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pilani (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pilani (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell in February 2012.

Routine questions-
    1. Aptitude Test (At par with CAT- QA/ DI/ LR: 1 hour 40 questions)
    2. Resume round (be thorough with whatever you put in your CV)
    3. Technical round (Guesstimates/ puzzles, Basic Case Study)
    4. HR Round (Career Aspirations, Motivation in Life)

Interview Questions
    • HR Round may be tricky especially if you're a fresher. Be prepared for questions like 'why not an MBA'   View Answer
    Fixed Salary.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in March 2012.

The hiring process was tedious; and the interview process was horrible; there was no sense of professionalism; the HRs do not respond accordingly and the feedbacks are too bad; very much delay in all the aspects of Hiring & Onboarding

Interview Questions
    • Can you have the notice period of 30 days only in the current organization.   View Answer
    Not much is what the negotiation phase; I accepted what they offered to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in April 2010.

Pretty standard interview process. Started with a half hour phone screen, with the person that ultimately would be my manager. Then did a few back to back interviews in person. The first set were two folks that I would work directly with, the second set were both peers with the manager, and the final interview was a one on one with the director of the department. Within a day of the face to face, I received the email stating that an offer was forthcoming. I received the offer 5 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral type stuff, tell me about a difficult project, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dell in January 2012.

I started the interview process around 4 days after applying and it was pretty straight forward. I had an interview with a recruiter then had a technical interview around 5 days later which was faily easy, around 15 questions about using servers. 3 weeks later I had another interview with a panel of 2 people for behavior analysis and I still have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time were you were put in a difficult situation and how did you get out of it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in February 2012.

RAID mostly. If you have three 200GB drives, what is the total capacity for storage?
    What are your plans for the future here

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation that occurred on your last job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in August 2010.

Easy interview nothing unexpected

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dell in August 2011.

The interview process was quite simlpe: a phone screening, where basic information was exchanged, including intended salary; after that, I did a group interview with one of the managers and the recruiter. Finally, I did a phone interview with the person that was going to be my actual manager.

After a couple of weeks, I got a call with a quite decent offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would I cope going into a business role, since I had spent all my career until now in more technical positions.   Answer Question
    I didn't even try to negotiate: the salary they offered me was already about 10% higher than my intended rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in June 2012.

It was a 3 round interview ...one with a senior member from project team .. then Project Manager and then the HR round.

Interview Questions
    • What is that you are expecting from this job as part of employee policies?   Answer Question
    HR round was the negotiation round .. there was very small room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in May 2010.

Easy communication. The conversations were casual but investigative. The experience here was not difficult. I met with 3 people in the process. Everyone had a new perspective on the role since it was a new position in a newly organized group.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I had was where i wanted to be in 2 years. At Dell, the mentality is after 18 months, you need to start looking within to grow your understanding of the company. I had not considered the position to have an expiration date and was looking for something with longevity.   Answer Question
    I took the offer as is. It was a fair number and the flexibility of the role was a huge bonus.