Dell

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Systems Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and then 1 in person group interview

Interview Question – personality interview   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for position in September. Finally heard back in November. Had the initial HR/recruiter pre-screening first. About a week later had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then had a panel interview with several managers face to face. This was around Thanksgiving and I never heard anything back good or bad, but assumed it could be the holidays. I reached back out to the Recruiter at the first of the year to see the status, as the job was still posted on Dell's website. She was unable to give any feedback and said that she would reach out to her manager. It is now March and I have never heard back. I do not mind not getting the position, but having invested 3+ months from application to last interview the least they could have done is sent me a simple denial email. I have never experienced anything like this when interviewing for a mid level position for a reputable company.

Interview Questions

Round Rock, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dell in April 2011.

Interview Details – First a phone interview with the recruiter then another phone interview with the hiring manager followed by an in-person 1:1 interview with several members of the team totaling of 4.5 hours. The in-person scheduling process took 4 weeks. The entire team was very nice. I felt relaxed.

The entire interview to receiving offer took exactly 8 weeks for me. I would advise everyone to not give up on follow-ups. In my case, I did not receive any automated email notification sent by their HR system. So had to follow-up with them and that is when we discovered the flaw.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to leave your current employer? The employer is doing very good. Why do you want to leave them?   View Answer
  • What do you bring to Dell that others don't.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Dell offered me very attractive package where I did not feel a need to negotiate. I had mentioned to them my wishes and it was fulfilled.

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in January 2011.

Interview Details – Formal process followed by an Induction

Negotiation Details – Not much

Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dell in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was good. Three rounds of interview

Reason for Declining – Lots of pro's for the company

Bangalore (India)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in October 2010.

Interview Details – 1) first technical test (SQL/SAS + Excel )
2) Business round
3) HR round
4) Offer

Interview Question – Give an business case and asked me to derive KPI values and useful charts   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked $X, but they had give me 10% more on that :)
which is 50% hike to my previous company Salary.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!