Dell

Dell Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in October 2011.

I was first contacted via email to setup a phone interview, which was scheduled for the following day. Phone interview lasted 30 minutes, with general questions about skills and background. Face to face/panel interview was then scheduled via email to take place 12 days after the phone interview. Job description/Phone interview did not seem to match what was being discussed in face to face and I left feeling like I wasted my time. In addition, some of my questions were met with sarcasm, which I felt unprofessional. Hiring manager seemed uninterested, which could have been a tactic, or was true to the situation. I was not offered the position and based on my experience, I am glad I was not.

Interview Questions

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell in November 2010.

Reasonable experience, not very tough compared my current employer.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dell in May 2010.

A former coworker had recommended this opportunity to me, and based on his enthusiasm for Dell, I opted to pursue it. After submitting my resume, the hiring manager contacted me by phone and we subsequently also had a face-to-face interview. With the mutual interest that meeting resulted in, I proceeded to then meet with several other peers, managers and HR representatives to this role (approx 6 total). I learned later that there had been 30+ applicants, and that I was one of three selected for this 2nd round of interviews.

After the offer had been made and accepted, there was an additional process of background check and drug test as part of the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think would be the biggest challenge in this role?   View Answer