Dell Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 14, 2015

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

2 phone interview and 2 meeting in person. Met with the hiring manager and the nationals sales manager for the region. I also met with the district sales manager. I also knew the technical VP and a rep. Thought I was perfect for this job.

Interview Questions

• How did you measure success   1 Answer

Network Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. I took three interviews and each interviewer was very knowledgeable and friendly. Was asked many technical questions about basic computer science concepts. The employer were very accommodating when it came to setting up phone screen interviews. Overall I was very happy with the entire process.

Dell Computers Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dell (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

The Initial phone interview was followed by an HR sales interview. It was very relaxed. They were interested in prior selling experience and your approach to the sales process. The interviewer described the position in detail. I ask about and was provided the various benefits that were provided by the company.

Interview Questions

I was fortunate to have several offers at the time and went a different direction.

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I was first contacted via email to setup a phone interview, which was scheduled for the following day. Phone interview lasted 30 minutes, with general questions about skills and background. Face to face/panel interview was then scheduled via email to take place 12 days after the phone interview. Job description/Phone interview did not seem to match what was being discussed in face to face and I left feeling like I wasted my time. In addition, some of my questions were met with sarcasm, which I felt unprofessional. Hiring manager seemed uninterested, which could have been a tactic, or was true to the situation. I was not offered the position and based on my experience, I am glad I was not.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when you are providing great customer service.   2 Answers

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Reasonable experience, not very tough compared my current employer.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

A former coworker had recommended this opportunity to me, and based on his enthusiasm for Dell, I opted to pursue it. After submitting my resume, the hiring manager contacted me by phone and we subsequently also had a face-to-face interview. With the mutual interest that meeting resulted in, I proceeded to then meet with several other peers, managers and HR representatives to this role (approx 6 total). I learned later that there had been 30+ applicants, and that I was one of three selected for this 2nd round of interviews. After the offer had been made and accepted, there was an additional process of background check and drug test as part of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the biggest challenge in this role?   1 Answer