Dell

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dell in September 2013.

It take 4 weeks:--I apply the job from their web site.
    1. After 1 week, First phone interview about an hour, the questions including brain teaser, basic technical skills, how to test a "random generator tool", some C/C++" coding question as single linked list sorting, reversed printing. and some questions like why do you want to leave the current company, why do you think you qualified this job. --It's not hard on phone interview.

2. After 1 week, I got a on site interview with 4 people one by one, totally close to 4 hours, include 1 manager and 1 director. All of them ask me the question as "why do you want to leave the current company" :). I said I want to work on the cutting edge technology and get a better pay. The questions also include the basic concepts and simple coding in C/C++ & Python, the projects what I did before. They told me what were they doing now and gave ma a scenario, let me figure out how to test it. --- It's also not hard.

3. After 1 week, I got a last phone interview with their executive director, most of the question a popular behavior ones, he especially let me introduce the project what I did with Python at few years ago.---that's also easily

4. After 1 week, I got a reject letter because I am lack of Python experiences. --- I understand that they want a guy who has experience on the tool and language what they are using right now, and can work on their project immediately. But sometimes it's hard to find this kind of the right guy, and if there is the guy, but he also need to learn the new system and environment, that's need training and studying.

Interview Questions
    • No. all of the question are basic concept and normal coding and testing questions.   View Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in September 2013.

The initial interview process is a screening test with some basic database administration questions.
    Then, there is a first level technical discussion to analyse the basic skill set required for the job.
    Third round is a detailed technical discussion with a senior associate.
    Final round is the HR discussion.

Interview Questions
    • How to configure F5 load balancer with SSL enabled connection with oracle discoverer 11g.   Answer Question

Salary offered did not meet my expectations

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Recruiter
    2 phone interviews
    final, in-person interview
    You either get an offer, or not
    If you get an offer, you can negotiate for a better deal
    accept the offer
    background / drug test
    The last step is orientation.

Interview Questions
    • ITIL based questions. What is your strongest asset? Weakest?   View Answer
    Take it or leave it.

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in April 2010.

This was a group/panel interview with three different project managers. The position was to work with smaller type projects that would not be a part of the traditional PMO. The next interview would be with the actual hiring manager who is based in a different state.

The interview questions were primarily behavioral types of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to violate company policy to please a customer.   View Answer