Dell

Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.8

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Had a bit of a weird experience. The interview was by no means difficult (behavioral questions mostly). But the interviewer was wearing tennis shoes and began to take on a very apathetic tone as soon as he found out I was applying to other firms in addition to Dell. Could very well have been a fluke, but not a great experience nonetheless.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you worked in a group and there was a disagreement.   Answer Question
  • What do you know about Dell as a company?   Answer Question

Dell Response

Nov 17, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are definitely a more casual culture here at Dell but apathy during an interview is not welcome. We will share your comments with our team internally so that we may ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell.

It was a campus interview. I submitted my application through campus recruiting and was invited to a 30-minute interview a few days later. They did a tag-team interview with two recruiters. They will respond within a few weeks about whether or not I'll have a second email.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you did not agree with someone with whom you were working. How did you handle the situation and what were the results?   Answer Question

Dell Response

Nov 19, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience interviewing with Dell. Your feedback will help our Recruiting team improve as well as provide insight to future candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interviewed by 4 interviewers in one day and could be for one or more positions depending on availability. Most questions are behavioral. Then HR will contact with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your top characteristics.   View Answer
    Negotiation started in email after first HR contact. Then by phone once HR has a final adjusted offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

This was an campus interview. The environment and interviewer were very laid back and informal. They asked me about my resume and several behavioral questions. Questions included such things as leadership experience and hypothetical situations. There were no analytical questions. The interview was with a financial manager and lasted half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you lead a group and how you reacted when there were difficulties?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

I was asked to attend a group interview. People gathered to discuss a question about who would you save if many people were left in a island while there were only 4 seats in your boat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell in September 2011.

The interview process is very focused on company fit. Most of the people that make it past the resume collection are chosen because they have the credentials. During the interview, they ask you standard behavioral questions that you need to prepare for to stand apart.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage your time?   Answer Question
    • What about the company interests you? How does it fit into your longterm career goals?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

30 minute on campus interview. The interview was composed of 5 straight forward behavioral questions related to leadership, teamwork etc. The last question was a broad case-type question. What are the costs associated with a tablet that Dell could create? How would you price the tablet?

Interview Questions
    • What are the costs associated with a tablet that Dell could create? How would you price the tablet?   Answer Question