Dell

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 4 interviewers in one day and could be for one or more positions depending on availability. Most questions are behavioral. Then HR will contact with an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about your top characteristics.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation started in email after first HR contact. Then by phone once HR has a final adjusted offer.

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details – This was an campus interview. The environment and interviewer were very laid back and informal. They asked me about my resume and several behavioral questions. Questions included such things as leadership experience and hypothetical situations. There were no analytical questions. The interview was with a financial manager and lasted half an hour.

Interview Question – Name a time you lead a group and how you reacted when there were difficulties?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – I was asked to attend a group interview. People gathered to discuss a question about who would you save if many people were left in a island while there were only 4 seats in your boat.

Interview Question – all of them were normal questions.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dell in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is very focused on company fit. Most of the people that make it past the resume collection are chosen because they have the credentials. During the interview, they ask you standard behavioral questions that you need to prepare for to stand apart.

Interview Questions

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – 30 minute on campus interview. The interview was composed of 5 straight forward behavioral questions related to leadership, teamwork etc. The last question was a broad case-type question. What are the costs associated with a tablet that Dell could create? How would you price the tablet?

Interview Question – What are the costs associated with a tablet that Dell could create? How would you price the tablet?   Answer Question

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!