Dell

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Applications Management Analyst Interview

IT Applications Management Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell in March 2007.

Interview Details – Initial communications were from Hiring Manager, via email, which resulted in a phone interview with said Manager. Was invited to Austin to sit for a series of 6 interviews - one with the manager, and one of his peers (Mgr Interviews), two individual interviews with my position's peers, and finally, two more 1:1 interviews with associates who were more senior on the team, but reported to the same manager. Interview questions consisted of Resume Reviews, standard new hire interview questions (Dell breaks the standard up into 6 parts and gives each interviewer a set of questions to ask), non-standard problem solving practices; some were generic - these are designed to test generally how you attack problems, and some were actual problems from the production environment that I was given details about and asked to describe how I would resolve it). In addition, I was asked to describe / draw on whiteboard previous system / software designs and walk an unitiated user through the business and technical objectives, and any challenges faced during launch.

Interview Questions

• How much does the Washington Monument Weigh?   View Answer
  • How many gas stations are there in Austin?   View Answer
  • You have a web commerce application that user access behind a Load Balancing system (BigIP). You know there are 20 instances of each IIS application running in the app cluster. Some users are reporting seeing an error during the checkout process that no other users report, and no one has been able to reproduce the error live. How would you go about investigating the problem and resolving it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The job I applied for had a pre-determined salary ranking and range available for the hire, so I was not asked about a salary "goal" - I was made an offer and given the chance to accept / reject.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Dell

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Dell – Why Work for Us?

The focus in Dell for our team members is very much on creating an environment where every individual can be their best and do their best work in service of our customers. Our philosophy toward people is to "build… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell IT Applications Management Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Dell employees and interview candidates.