Dell

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend and Dell reached out to me that week. I interviewed with two managers, the questions were difficult but they just wanted to see how you think.

Interview Question – If I gave you a book of business, how would you start to reach out to those clients and how would you determine who was first?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Round Rock, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Dell in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through my University. The interview was pretty straight forward covering prior sales experience. They run through the basic interview questions, like what your strengths and weaknesses are. Also, they ask a good amount of technology related questions. You are interviewed by a panel of 2-3 people and are expected to go through a mock sales presentation.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offers

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Met with two recruiters in calm setting. Asked questions about my resume and how they were similar to the job requirements. Come prepared with questions to ask, and since it's a sales job try to pitch a product.

Interview Question – What makes you good for Sales?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in November 2013.

Interview Details – Met with hiring mgr after attending job fair (this was in 1993),

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details – I was interviewed as part of a career fair. The interview was straightforward covering relevant sales experience, why do you want to work for Dell, etc.. Following the interview we underwent aptitude testing on the computer which nowadays is common for call center work.

Interview Question – I was asked about my previous profession and why would I want to come work at Dell.   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – A recruiter who works for Dell calls you for the interview, but you never meet this person. You have to get signed in at security to interview, then 2-3 people interview you and run you through a mock sales presentation where you have to overcome the objection and close the deal.

Interview Question – Be prepared to pitch a product they will give you at random, and be prepared to make them say yes to whatever you are selling. they will tell you no, and you have to find a way to overcome their objection   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate, an offer letter comes in the mail and you can only accept or reject.

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details – One decent interview. Pretty painless. Asked the basic questions like an example of a time you were in a difficult situation what you did to get out of it or how you were a leader at some point. Then a month of training which was awesome because of my trainer.

Interview Question – What is your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2010.

Interview Details – Biggest tip to someone interviewing - be concise. Make your answers short and sweet then ask whether or not you answered the question. If you drone on and on with one question, they won't get to ask you more!

It was a panel interview with four managers in my case. I personally loved this...but I love interviews. They asked plenty of technology-relevant questions, some of which I had great answers for, others which I just flat out told them I had no idea but was eager to learn. There was a lot about prior experiences, overcoming objections, examples of times I succeeded and/or messed up. You're selling yourself more than anything and they want someone who is hard working, smart, and likable. You need to bring something to the table as a person, not just as a worker.

If you want to get really into it, come with a 30/60/90 plan - Dell guys eat that stuff up!

Interview Question – I was asked some technical questions about data center technology. Instead of pretending I knew or saying I didn't, I talked about conceptually what I thought those types of clients would be focusing on like upping their energy efficiency, consolidating equipment, etc. I didn't know the details of what that meant, but it turns out the answer was right on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I already had a ton of experience so I was pleasantly surprised by the offer and didn't negotiate. Some people did and it worked out. I later asked the guy who hired me if I should have and he told me it wouldn't have mattered in my case because I got the max for the role. I did, however, make it very clear that I wasn't wanting to come to Dell for this level of position; that I wanted to scale quickly. And I did.

Round Rock, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in November 2012.

Interview Details – It was a fast process but it was hard getting answers to questions regarding position. They are obviously hiring lots of people and don't have to the time to respond. Felt very much like just a cog in a very large wheel. Nice people though

Interview Question – nothing out of the norm ...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided it wasn't a good fit for me

Very Easy Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in July 2009.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from HR, asked to come in to interview, sat down with a manager, basically just "chatted" and laughed, talked about the same people we knew, got the job.

Negotiation Details – na

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!