Dell Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with two sales managers. General questions, but grilled you on some topics. I was rushed in the process, but I think they were trying to make a decision quickly. Overall, not a bad interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume.
    What do you think your biggest challenge about this job would be?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

when you first pull up to the area it is a little overwhelming. It's a fortress lol no really. Took me about twenty minutes to find the right building. Once I got to the building I went into the visitor entrance. The lady up front was friendly. Gave me a visitor badge and asked me to take a seat. After ten minutes I was greeted by a staff member kindly asking me to come to the back. Once we walked a good distance we made it to the room. It was another gentleman in the room that was also doing the interview. The sales manager) and there were two gentlemen on the phone who were decision makers. They all fired away questions typical interview questions, and allowed me to ask at the end. All in all it was nerve wrecking at first because that's the first time in a while I had to interview and with that many people, but they were nice even though I could have been better.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to handle a disgruntled employee and how you handles it.   Answer Question

Dell Response

Jun 1, 2015Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with Dell and our visitors to our Glassdoor page. The location in Round Rock can be daunting but sounds like things went really well! Congrats on your ... More

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward... I submitted my resume on a referral and was contacted 2 days later for an onsite interview. I went in for my first interview which was great. Both managers were very involved and took the time to get to know me. I was then called back for a second interview. I unfortunately had the opposite experience during the second interview. The managers clearly didn't along with each other and were not on the same page during the interview. I knew leaving that interview I would not be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• You have three emails in your inbox (1. customer requesting a new order, 2. customer requesting a quote, and 3. an upset customer) what order to you handle them in?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in May 2015.

Interview

Was an interview over the phone more so on the screening side of rather then full interview. Have a follow up interview in a week can supply more information then. The also asked information about my experiences giving from my resume. Also was a panel of interviewers about 3 were asking me questions.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I went through a temp agency and it took about a week before I had the interview. 3 panel interview in a room where everyone had the opportunity to ask you questions. Once interview was done they said they would call in a day or two after they completed more interviews. They called in an hour or so with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five year? Looked at your resume and you had to give examples of situations and solutions.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

I was asked the normal interview questions. It was nothing hard about it. The interviewer asked the questions, and I answered them.I guess I could have expounded more. I happened to be in the middle of something during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next position? Give an example of when you dealt with a difficult situation in customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Received an email from recruiter to set up phone interview. Did phone interview and then set up interview at Dell site. When I was at the Dell site interview I had a panel of four. Each from different departments. Each asked a couple questions. The questions where a little difficult. I would definitely prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a list of businesses from A to Z. How would you determine who to start with?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter asking if I was interested in a new career opportunity. Replied same day and set up a 30 minute phone conversation with recruiter via email - went over my experience and what the job would entail. About two days later I received a call from the recruiter asking availability for an in-person interview with the Director of Training at the company. Interviewed with the Director for about 40 minutes (mostly him explaining the job responsibility and the more dials you make the more likely you'll close business, etc) then he brought in a sales manager who basically said if I wanted the job he would give me a recommendation.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and Dell reached out to me that week. I interviewed with two managers, the questions were difficult but they just wanted to see how you think.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a book of business, how would you start to reach out to those clients and how would you determine who was first?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Met with two recruiters in calm setting. Asked questions about my resume and how they were similar to the job requirements. Come prepared with questions to ask, and since it's a sales job try to pitch a product.