Dell Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.7

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I went through a temp agency and it took about a week before I had the interview. 3 panel interview in a room where everyone had the opportunity to ask you questions. Once interview was done they said they would call in a day or two after they completed more interviews. They called in an hour or so with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five year? Looked at your resume and you had to give examples of situations and solutions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

I was asked the normal interview questions. It was nothing hard about it. The interviewer asked the questions, and I answered them.I guess I could have expounded more. I happened to be in the middle of something during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next position? Give an example of when you dealt with a difficult situation in customer service?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Received an email from recruiter to set up phone interview. Did phone interview and then set up interview at Dell site. When I was at the Dell site interview I had a panel of four. Each from different departments. Each asked a couple questions. The questions where a little difficult. I would definitely prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a list of businesses from A to Z. How would you determine who to start with?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter asking if I was interested in a new career opportunity. Replied same day and set up a 30 minute phone conversation with recruiter via email - went over my experience and what the job would entail. About two days later I received a call from the recruiter asking availability for an in-person interview with the Director of Training at the company. Interviewed with the Director for about 40 minutes (mostly him explaining the job responsibility and the more dials you make the more likely you'll close business, etc) then he brought in a sales manager who basically said if I wanted the job he would give me a recommendation.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and Dell reached out to me that week. I interviewed with two managers, the questions were difficult but they just wanted to see how you think.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a book of business, how would you start to reach out to those clients and how would you determine who was first?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Met with two recruiters in calm setting. Asked questions about my resume and how they were similar to the job requirements. Come prepared with questions to ask, and since it's a sales job try to pitch a product.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Met with hiring mgr after attending job fair (this was in 1993),

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I was interviewed as part of a career fair. The interview was straightforward covering relevant sales experience, why do you want to work for Dell, etc.. Following the interview we underwent aptitude testing on the computer which nowadays is common for call center work.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous profession and why would I want to come work at Dell.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN).

Interview

A recruiter who works for Dell calls you for the interview, but you never meet this person. You have to get signed in at security to interview, then 2-3 people interview you and run you through a mock sales presentation where you have to overcome the objection and close the deal.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to pitch a product they will give you at random, and be prepared to make them say yes to whatever you are selling. they will tell you no, and you have to find a way to overcome their objection   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate, an offer letter comes in the mail and you can only accept or reject.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

One decent interview. Pretty painless. Asked the basic questions like an example of a time you were in a difficult situation what you did to get out of it or how you were a leader at some point. Then a month of training which was awesome because of my trainer.