Dell

Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.6

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

I was referred by a friend and Dell reached out to me that week. I interviewed with two managers, the questions were difficult but they just wanted to see how you think.

Interview Questions
  • If I gave you a book of business, how would you start to reach out to those clients and how would you determine who was first?   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dell.

Met with two recruiters in calm setting. Asked questions about my resume and how they were similar to the job requirements. Come prepared with questions to ask, and since it's a sales job try to pitch a product.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in November 2013.

Met with hiring mgr after attending job fair (this was in 1993),

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I was interviewed as part of a career fair. The interview was straightforward covering relevant sales experience, why do you want to work for Dell, etc.. Following the interview we underwent aptitude testing on the computer which nowadays is common for call center work.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my previous profession and why would I want to come work at Dell.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Dell.

A recruiter who works for Dell calls you for the interview, but you never meet this person. You have to get signed in at security to interview, then 2-3 people interview you and run you through a mock sales presentation where you have to overcome the objection and close the deal.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to pitch a product they will give you at random, and be prepared to make them say yes to whatever you are selling. they will tell you no, and you have to find a way to overcome their objection   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate, an offer letter comes in the mail and you can only accept or reject.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

One decent interview. Pretty painless. Asked the basic questions like an example of a time you were in a difficult situation what you did to get out of it or how you were a leader at some point. Then a month of training which was awesome because of my trainer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in November 2012.

It was a fast process but it was hard getting answers to questions regarding position. They are obviously hiring lots of people and don't have to the time to respond. Felt very much like just a cog in a very large wheel. Nice people though

Interview Questions

Decided it wasn't a good fit for me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dell.

I didn't really have to interview since a previous manager rehired me but ususally its 3 in a room and you answer all questions in a format of what happend, actions, and outcome

none it was do or die

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell in March 2012.

I was contacted by a recruited who saw my resume online and asked to interview. i had 2 back to back interview with 2 panels. Just be yourself and show that you are knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
    Basically you take what they offer you, in my position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dell in November 2010.

They will normally call you first after you apply online, then they will ask you to come in for an in person interview that consists of 2-3 people interviewing you. Then they will call you with a decision. This took about two months from initial phone interview to call in interview, then 1 month between the call in interview to when I actually got offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Being a call center, they make you simulate a call center call and pretend like they are the customer and you are the representative, This was the most difficult part.   View Answer