Dell Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruited who saw my resume online and asked to interview. i had 2 back to back interview with 2 panels. Just be yourself and show that you are knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Basically you take what they offer you, in my position.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Telephonic round, face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Will you work with us at the same salary in your last organization?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN).

Interview

A recruiter who works for Dell calls you for the interview, but you never meet this person. You have to get signed in at security to interview, then 2-3 people interview you and run you through a mock sales presentation where you have to overcome the objection and close the deal.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to pitch a product they will give you at random, and be prepared to make them say yes to whatever you are selling. they will tell you no, and you have to find a way to overcome their objection   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate, an offer letter comes in the mail and you can only accept or reject.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Received an email from recruiter to set up phone interview. Did phone interview and then set up interview at Dell site. When I was at the Dell site interview I had a panel of four. Each from different departments. Each asked a couple questions. The questions where a little difficult. I would definitely prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a list of businesses from A to Z. How would you determine who to start with?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell in September 2011.

Interview

Very detailed and long process, took 4 weeks, 4 stages, they asked plenty of job-related questions and also extra ones, such as tell us about your hobbies, what you enjoy to do most of all etc.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Bangalore (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

hr telephonic- team leader- director- ism- hr

Interview Questions

• applied for inside sales job, still they asked how can I do outside sales???!!!??   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. First interview on the phone, second on the phone as well. After couple of week in person interview was to be arranged. Since I was busy with other things at that time had to postpone the interview. By then I was seriously questioning whether to go for the second interview or not.

Interview Questions

• How much do I know about Dell as a company and its products.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied with temp service, interviewed with 2 people as they are hiring fast recieved notice within 2 days. Be careful as they expect perfection. I receive feedback on the day of the interview and did not get hired due to I didn't give them a resume (which they already have)and didn't explain my background well enough.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with two sales managers. General questions, but grilled you on some topics. I was rushed in the process, but I think they were trying to make a decision quickly. Overall, not a bad interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume. What do you think your biggest challenge about this job would be?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

I was referred by a friend for the position. I waited 3 weeks and received an email for an in person interview. I went in and met with 2 managers for about an hour. I waited over a week and did not hear anything. I was told I would get feedback by the middle of the following week. I get told I'm overqualified and should apply for Project Management. I have since then and have not heard a thing. I have since moved on. Another recruiter contacted me a month and a half later telling me I didn't get the position I interviewed for. I already knew this. Very disorganized and slow.