Dell

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Round Rock, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruited who saw my resume online and asked to interview. i had 2 back to back interview with 2 panels. Just be yourself and show that you are knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Basically you take what they offer you, in my position.

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in February 2011.

Interview Details – Telephonic round, face to face interview.

Interview Question – Will you work with us at the same salary in your last organization?   View Answer

Nashville, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – A recruiter who works for Dell calls you for the interview, but you never meet this person. You have to get signed in at security to interview, then 2-3 people interview you and run you through a mock sales presentation where you have to overcome the objection and close the deal.

Interview Question – Be prepared to pitch a product they will give you at random, and be prepared to make them say yes to whatever you are selling. they will tell you no, and you have to find a way to overcome their objection   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate, an offer letter comes in the mail and you can only accept or reject.

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in April 2013.

Interview Details – hr telephonic- team leader- director- ism- hr

Interview Question – applied for inside sales job, still they asked how can I do outside sales???!!!??   View Answer

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details – I was interviewed as part of a career fair. The interview was straightforward covering relevant sales experience, why do you want to work for Dell, etc.. Following the interview we underwent aptitude testing on the computer which nowadays is common for call center work.

Interview Question – I was asked about my previous profession and why would I want to come work at Dell.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was fairly streamlined for a large company. I had two interviews - one with two of the managers and then a phone interview with a different manager. It did take about 2-3 weeks from first interview to offer letter. There was open lines of communication between management and me.

Interview Question – What's your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate my salary, but I should have. I didn't receive an offer letter; I received a call from a recruiter within the company.

Inside Sales Representative
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – They asking regarding background, experience

Interview Question – Regarding examples os cases or win projects.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Good offer!

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Met with two recruiters in calm setting. Asked questions about my resume and how they were similar to the job requirements. Come prepared with questions to ask, and since it's a sales job try to pitch a product.

Interview Question – What makes you good for Sales?   Answer Question

Round Rock, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Dell in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through my University. The interview was pretty straight forward covering prior sales experience. They run through the basic interview questions, like what your strengths and weaknesses are. Also, they ask a good amount of technology related questions. You are interviewed by a panel of 2-3 people and are expected to go through a mock sales presentation.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offers

Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2010.

Interview Details – Biggest tip to someone interviewing - be concise. Make your answers short and sweet then ask whether or not you answered the question. If you drone on and on with one question, they won't get to ask you more!

It was a panel interview with four managers in my case. I personally loved this...but I love interviews. They asked plenty of technology-relevant questions, some of which I had great answers for, others which I just flat out told them I had no idea but was eager to learn. There was a lot about prior experiences, overcoming objections, examples of times I succeeded and/or messed up. You're selling yourself more than anything and they want someone who is hard working, smart, and likable. You need to bring something to the table as a person, not just as a worker.

If you want to get really into it, come with a 30/60/90 plan - Dell guys eat that stuff up!

Interview Question – I was asked some technical questions about data center technology. Instead of pretending I knew or saying I didn't, I talked about conceptually what I thought those types of clients would be focusing on like upping their energy efficiency, consolidating equipment, etc. I didn't know the details of what that meant, but it turns out the answer was right on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I already had a ton of experience so I was pleasantly surprised by the offer and didn't negotiate. Some people did and it worked out. I later asked the guy who hired me if I should have and he told me it wouldn't have mattered in my case because I got the max for the role. I did, however, make it very clear that I wasn't wanting to come to Dell for this level of position; that I wanted to scale quickly. And I did.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!