Dell Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Gardener Interview

Interview

digging and soils planting trees, then actually pruning the stuff back. Its like crazy that anyone would water and fertilize plants and then cut them back. Then they asked me more about gardening and I told them I was a pool boy by trade.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

2 Rounds of Behavioral Interviews. The process went very smoothly. This is an awesome company and everyone I met with was pleasant. My interviews went well and were made up of stereotypical behavioral questions. I would recommend Dell for an internship. We also got the opportunity to learn about many of the different products that Dell offers.

Validation Team Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Interview at Round Rock office. First got an email about the schedule. And later got the date and time at which I should be there. Had to figure out how to get there because there wasn't resource they sent me. I got entrance permission at the desk, and then there were two interviewers each in charge of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about advanced concepts like "what a state machine is" as well as conventional ones like "the difference between inheritence and abstract classes". Then behavioral, and then gave a case where there's a problem in a database where it has a lot of data and I want to make specific query fast.   Answer Question

Information Security Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX).

Interview

They set up a screening interview with an HR representative, followed by a 1:1 telephone interview with hiring manager. After that, I went through an on-site panel interview with three prospective peers.

Interview Questions

• How I have managed conflicting demands for resources in a prior role.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I went through a temp agency and it took about a week before I had the interview. 3 panel interview in a room where everyone had the opportunity to ask you questions. Once interview was done they said they would call in a day or two after they completed more interviews. They called in an hour or so with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five year? Looked at your resume and you had to give examples of situations and solutions.   Answer Question

Software Development Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. Got a phone call by the hiring manager within a day. Interviewed by the manager and his team the next day. Got an offer the following day.

Graduate Senior Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

Interview

They took 2 rounds of technical interview. The whole process is pretty smooth. First, Interviewer called up for technical round. He asked me basic questions in java & algorithms. Then, he asked questions on Networking and basic questions on networking concepts.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

I was asked the normal interview questions. It was nothing hard about it. The interviewer asked the questions, and I answered them.I guess I could have expounded more. I happened to be in the middle of something during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next position? Give an example of when you dealt with a difficult situation in customer service?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

Handed my resume in at a career fair. Recruiter gave me little information about the position. Didn't expect much but somehow got an interview a week later. Interview was disarmingly short and informal, with no technical questions for a technical role (raised a red flag for me). Interviewer seemed to have decided that I had gotten the job arbitrarily before I even walked in. Barely talked about the job or any of my qualifications. Again, didn't expect much to come out of it but got an offer a couple weeks later. However, even after the offer was extended, it was extremely unclear what I'd actually be doing. Everyone I talked to within the company seemed to have this attitude of "It's a big company, so just relax and perform well with what's given to you." This isn't a bad philosophy, but when there are competitors offering concrete projects and letting you fly out there to meet and interview with the teams you'd be working with, it's really hard to pick they "mystery" package that Dell was trying to offer.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember if the interviewer even asked any meaningful questions...   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial 30 minute screen with Human Resources, then followed a week later by a half day session with four different interviewers, ending with the hiring manager. Each session was with a different individual from the extended team, and lasted for 30 minutes each. Most asked standard background / experience questions and what I would do in certain job situations, but nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• If you saw that your team weren't making the numbers, what would you do?   Answer Question