Dell

778 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Support Specialist/Technician Interview

Client Support Specialist/Technician

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – After applying to Dell Federal Services online I received a phone call in about two weeks. This initial call's purpose was to set up a phone interview with a Talent Acquisition Specialist who calls you at the time of your choosing. The interview is fairly quick. They ask you to give them details of IT experience and also ask you to tell them a bit about Active Directory.
Shortly afterwards they talk about salary and compensation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was only one offer made

Campus Ambassador Interview

Campus Ambassador

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in June 2014.

Interview Details – Mosaic reached out to me for this position because I had recently applied for a different position so they had my resume. Then I had one interview with the Mosaic recruiter, followed by an interview with my now-manager. I also had to use HireVue to answer questions online, which is really awkward because you just have to talk to your own face.

Interview Question – Very general questions - why do you want this job? What will you bring to this role? Etc.   Answer Question

Systems Administrative Senior Analyst Interview

Systems Administrative Senior Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell in June 2013.

Interview Details – Dell is a great place to work.. Working atmosphere and environment is too good here. At the time of Interview i was asked about myself and few questions regarding the initiatives i had taken in previous organizations.. There were also few queries from Unix, SQL and Java.

Interview Question – Please tell us 1 negative thing in yours and also why should we hire you.   Answer Question

Head of CRM Interview

Head of CRM

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in April 2010.

Interview Details – Met with Head of HR, then Hiring Manager, then CMO. All of the interactions were face to face in my situation because I was on site as a consultant as part of an engagement with Dell.

Negotiation Details – Very fair

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Round Rock, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Dell in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through my University. The interview was pretty straight forward covering prior sales experience. They run through the basic interview questions, like what your strengths and weaknesses are. Also, they ask a good amount of technology related questions. You are interviewed by a panel of 2-3 people and are expected to go through a mock sales presentation.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offers

Very Difficult Interview

Inside Sales Representative I Interview

Inside Sales Representative I
Round Rock, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in June 2014.

Interview Details – The first half of the interview was amazing. Very easy, they got to know me as a person. The second half of the interview was not what I had expected. My recruiter told me to have an understanding of one of the products I would be generating leads for but when I got into the interview they wanted me to give a thorough explanation of all of the products, draw a diagram explaining their functions, then sell it to them. I don't see how that is possible if a person doesn't have the proper training.

Interview Questions

Interaction and Visual Design Senior Engineer Interview

Interaction and Visual Design Senior Engineer
Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview Details – The process was fairly straight forward. Getting started was the hard part. I met several team members at a conference and was recruited by them. However, the process slowed a snails pace. They were interested and so was I, but many emails went unanswered. Once the human relations coordinator was in place the process became very smooth.

I went through several layers of phone interviews including HR, hiring manager, director, and design peers. They then invited me to visit Round Rock, TX for an onsite all day interviews. The onsite interview day started with meeting the hiring manager face to face, who then passed me off through a series of manager, director and peer interviews. It made for a long and tiring day.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were fairly set on their salary and bonus offering, it was a good solid offer so I accepted.

Product Marketing Consultant Interview

Product Marketing Consultant
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dell in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very good first interview over the phone. The questions were straight to the point and trying to find more about my set of skills. I learned more about the position and its responsibilities. The second interview, the woman was rude and in a hurry, she didn't ask too many questions and left half the conversation.

Interview Question – There were not difficult questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview

Dell Candidate and Employee Experience Team responded to this review

Jul 8, 2014

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. This feedback is very valuable and we plan on sharing your comments with our Leadership team.

Director Interview

Director
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dell in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process took a couple of months. The hiring process was actually fairly efficient, once I was in the system and being considered for the job. The hiring team was thorough, had its act together and was prepared to negotiate. It wasn't the hiring process that concerned me; it was what happened after. Once I was hired, the other HR people I dealt with were rude, unhelpful and behaved as if they were doing a huge favor by simply DOING THEIR JOBS. Worst new -hire orientation experience ever, by the way. Leader was not from the business. She was disinterested and looked at her phone while showing us boring videos. Didn't have new welcome gifts for everyone; only some people. Paperwork was out of date and confusing. WORST EVER.

Interview Question – there were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a $15K signing bonus and additional time off. Also a flexible work schedule (but lots of people at Dell have that)

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Interview was relatively simple. First Interview was by hiring manager and a second interview was conducted by four team members. Hiring process included offer and required drug test. Questions mainly covered experience and personal future goals.

Interview Question – Questions were not really difficult, but typical questions to get an understanding of how a person would work in their environment. I asked a question about a software shown in the job duties and hiring manager was not familiar with the software.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dell

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Dell Videos

Dell – Why Work for Us?

With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell interview questions and advice. All 778 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dell employees and interview candidates.