Dell

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.9

Internship Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

It was pretty relaxed. It was a phone interview where I was asked stuff written on my resume. The interviewer inquired about the projects I have done and all. I was asked if I was interested in Dell and their internship openings.

Software Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell.

Applied through career fair and got the interview immediately after talking with the recruiter. The interview is held next day in a hotel and I went there to talk with just the same recruiter on career fair. Even though he has already known almost everything on the resume, he went on asking deeper. I didn't do well on one of them, I think it might be the reason why I didn't get the offer.

Applications Management Analyst L2 Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in February 2015.

After application on Dell Job board was excited that after Morgan Stanley this was supposed my second big Break Through. Recruiter Contacted me and scheduled a time for telephonic talk. After she was satisfied She setup an interview with onsite Lead Analyst. He was really good and experienced he asked me each and every details and i answered it at a point he was 99% satisfied.

Then he asked me about what i want and why Dell ? and i answered.

Then i was told that i will give my feedback to my manager and may be he or some one else from my team will take your interview if they are further interested.

My interview was on Friday and Monday was president day so i mailed her Tuesday ...asking if she have feedback for me ? Didn't received her response on 3rd day too. I guess she was not provided feedback from Nashville. I called off all other interviews with a hope of getting this job where i can do something.

All i want is they be clear . If YES then say yes if NO then say no and if she didn't got feedback then at least say that. As a professional I have also taken interview and sometimes i also waited for week and after taking interview i give feedback selecting the best person. Its totally fine and acceptable but Giving NO RESPONSE makes a negative thought of loosing hope of getting that Job.

Plus i never blame any company employees as they take interview they are doing their job and duty. If they rejects me then also i will accept it as my fault or somewhere i might be lacking . I will groom my self with required technical skills , Improve my self and then will appear for interview for some other company.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have ITIL certification ?   View Answer
    • Are you ready to work on Weekends ? as we have lot weekend activities.   View Answer
    • I was asked basic unix & oracle commands.   View Answer

Manager of Quality Leads Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in February 2015.

Panel interview with 3 Managers. Questions were about past experiences and how to handle managing up and dealing with consent change. Each interview at Dell is different than the last, as there is no set structure in place that the interview team must follow.

Interview Questions
    • Experiences on how to handles different direct report issues.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell in February 2015.

On Campus MBA Intern Interview completed at the University of Texas at Austin. The position was to work out of Round Rock, TX for the summer and potentiallytransition into a full time opportunity

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Dell. The group seems a bit decentralized and disorganized. Was not overly impressed with the process.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in February 2015.

Applied online and get back 2 weeks later. 20 minutes long at first talk.
    He talked about his team and what the project is, and I talked about what I have done previously. Relaxing and no technical questions.
    Days later they will have more members in a team to talk with me again.

B2B Marketing Interview

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Friendly and conversational. Asked questions about what sort of impact I would like to have on the company and how I would go about doing so. Very passionate about the company

Program Project Management Senior Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

This candidate selection, interviewing, and hiring process is the most straight forward, no nonsense process I have been through. The online application portal's user interface is slick and the extraction process is productive. The recruiter is extremely talented and offers professional and timely communication on next steps. The hiring managers are talented and excited about the organization. I had one phone conversation with recruiter and two face to face interviews on site.

Interview Questions
    • What artifacts are you familiar with?   Answer Question
    • What is your communication style?   Answer Question
    • What two courses in your college education prepared you for this opportunity?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience working with end users? What stakeholders did you manage?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with up to 10% travel?   Answer Question
    • Did you have direct management authority to those you previously managed? Are you comfortable with shared resources?   Answer Question
    • What is the size of projects you have experience managing in dollars, hours, or duration?   Answer Question
    • Whats your background and knowledge with using PMI's PM knowledge areas, processes and principles?   Answer Question
    I didn't have to negotiate since I negotiated upfront with recruiter. Their offer was fair and I didn't feel low balled on salary.

Dell Response

Feb 9, 2015Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Wow - this is a really detailed and likely helpful review for other candidates. Congratulations on your accepted offer and thank you for your review!

Account Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell.

There were 3 people and recruiter at a table, I was called same day they said if hired I would not stay. So asically for the salry they wanted to offer the comany did not expect me to stay and it was a contract [position.

Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dell.

go straightly apply online and go through standard procedure and steps to submit the application package, the first round of interview is more about personal background check, nothing much technical

Interview Questions
    • the biggest difficulty you might come up with when working for the firm   Answer Question