Dell Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.9

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell.

I was asked the normal interview questions. It was nothing hard about it. The interviewer asked the questions, and I answered them.I guess I could have expounded more. I happened to be in the middle of something during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are you looking for in your next position? Give an example of when you dealt with a difficult situation in customer service?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Handed my resume in at a career fair. Recruiter gave me little information about the position. Didn't expect much but somehow got an interview a week later. Interview was disarmingly short and informal, with no technical questions for a technical role (raised a red flag for me). Interviewer seemed to have decided that I had gotten the job arbitrarily before I even walked in. Barely talked about the job or any of my qualifications. Again, didn't expect much to come out of it but got an offer a couple weeks later. However, even after the offer was extended, it was extremely unclear what I'd actually be doing. Everyone I talked to within the company seemed to have this attitude of "It's a big company, so just relax and perform well with what's given to you." This isn't a bad philosophy, but when there are competitors offering concrete projects and letting you fly out there to meet and interview with the teams you'd be working with, it's really hard to pick they "mystery" package that Dell was trying to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember if the interviewer even asked any meaningful questions...   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

The interview process consisted of an initial 30 minute screen with Human Resources, then followed a week later by a half day session with four different interviewers, ending with the hiring manager. Each session was with a different individual from the extended team, and lasted for 30 minutes each. Most asked standard background / experience questions and what I would do in certain job situations, but nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw that your team weren't making the numbers, what would you do?   Answer Question

Senior Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

From initial conversations to offer, Dell recruiting handled the entire process that went very smoothly. I had three rounds of calls with eight people total. All interviewers were concise and asked pointed questions. They were very interested in what I had done in previous roles. From interviews to decision, the process went quickly.

Dell Response

Mar 11, 2015Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and our followers/potential candidates. Congratulations on your offer and welcome to Dell!

Configuration Services Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

Applied for the job on Dell's website and received a phone call later that morning from the hiring manager. He asked if I could come in that afternoon for an informal interview to tour Dell and to see the day to day workings of the position. After the tour a formal interview was scheduled for the following day. Overall a great experience and very polite and professional group of people.

Interview Questions
    • What does RAID stand for and what does it do? Also was asked to install several parts into a desktop, laptop and server in 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Global Sales Operations Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dell.

First round interview through campus recruiting, great experience. Very mellow, first round is with a professional recruiter then later rounds would be with other employees. Overall, I felt like it was not very difficult but was only a 1st round and a super friendly person. Know your resume, do some research about the company and you should be fine! I think fit is key, try to be friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Why Dell? What attracted you to this positio? Walk me through your resume... pretty standard.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

It was pretty relaxed. It was a phone interview where I was asked stuff written on my resume. The interviewer inquired about the projects I have done and all. I was asked if I was interested in Dell and their internship openings.

Software Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell.

Applied through career fair and got the interview immediately after talking with the recruiter. The interview is held next day in a hotel and I went there to talk with just the same recruiter on career fair. Even though he has already known almost everything on the resume, he went on asking deeper. I didn't do well on one of them, I think it might be the reason why I didn't get the offer.

Applications Management Analyst L2 Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in February 2015.

After application on Dell Job board was excited that after Morgan Stanley this was supposed my second big Break Through. Recruiter Contacted me and scheduled a time for telephonic talk. After she was satisfied She setup an interview with onsite Lead Analyst. He was really good and experienced he asked me each and every details and i answered it at a point he was 99% satisfied.

Then he asked me about what i want and why Dell ? and i answered.

Then i was told that i will give my feedback to my manager and may be he or some one else from my team will take your interview if they are further interested.

My interview was on Friday and Monday was president day so i mailed her Tuesday ...asking if she have feedback for me ? Didn't received her response on 3rd day too. I guess she was not provided feedback from Nashville. I called off all other interviews with a hope of getting this job where i can do something.

All i want is they be clear . If YES then say yes if NO then say no and if she didn't got feedback then at least say that. As a professional I have also taken interview and sometimes i also waited for week and after taking interview i give feedback selecting the best person. Its totally fine and acceptable but Giving NO RESPONSE makes a negative thought of loosing hope of getting that Job.

Plus i never blame any company employees as they take interview they are doing their job and duty. If they rejects me then also i will accept it as my fault or somewhere i might be lacking . I will groom my self with required technical skills , Improve my self and then will appear for interview for some other company.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have ITIL certification ?   View Answer
    • Are you ready to work on Weekends ? as we have lot weekend activities.   View Answer
    • I was asked basic unix & oracle commands.   View Answer

Program Project Management Senior Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

This candidate selection, interviewing, and hiring process is the most straight forward, no nonsense process I have been through. The online application portal's user interface is slick and the extraction process is productive. The recruiter is extremely talented and offers professional and timely communication on next steps. The hiring managers are talented and excited about the organization. I had one phone conversation with recruiter and two face to face interviews on site.

Interview Questions
    • What artifacts are you familiar with?   Answer Question
    • What is your communication style?   Answer Question
    • What two courses in your college education prepared you for this opportunity?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience working with end users? What stakeholders did you manage?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with up to 10% travel?   Answer Question
    • Did you have direct management authority to those you previously managed? Are you comfortable with shared resources?   Answer Question
    • What is the size of projects you have experience managing in dollars, hours, or duration?   Answer Question
    • Whats your background and knowledge with using PMI's PM knowledge areas, processes and principles?   Answer Question
    I didn't have to negotiate since I negotiated upfront with recruiter. Their offer was fair and I didn't feel low balled on salary.

Dell Response

Feb 9, 2015Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Wow - this is a really detailed and likely helpful review for other candidates. Congratulations on your accepted offer and thank you for your review!