Dell

715 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Information Architect/User Experience Interview

Round Rock, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in October 2012.

Interview Details – I started with two phone interviews: one with HR, and another with a senior manager. Afterward I was called in to interview with three different senior managers at the same time in a panel style interview.

Interview Question – I was asked to review a short work requisite, given thirty minutes alone to craft a solution, then needed to present this solution in presentation format to the managers afterward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called and offered a salary, followed up by a formal letter.

Business Analyst Interview

Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in August 2010.

Interview Details – Easy interview nothing unexpected

Interview Question – More interested in your skills   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dell in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back within two weeks. All initial communication took place via email with human resources. There was an initial HR screening that lasted approximately 15 minutes. Next, telephone interviews were scheduled for technical review. If you make it past the technical interview, the final interview will be conducted face-to-face.

Interview Question – Can you give me the model numbers for servers you have supported?   View Answer

Healthcare Facets Trainer Interview

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Dell in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received email 4 weeks after application. Interview was great via Skype.

Interview Question – Why are you qualified for this position?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Business Analysis Advisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Dell in September 2013.

Interview Details – The initial call back took a while, but once the interviews began, it went really fast.

Interview Question – I was able to handle the interview questions because I had previous and current experience with the position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was happy with offer

Account Executive Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in April 2012.

Interview Details – Very good experience through the interview process. The talent acquisition team is very professional and were very diligent in their follow ups.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, they offered within the range I was considering.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Dell in March 2010.

Interview Details – Few questions about experience/ goals , etc.

Interview Question – Most of the time it is a panel interview ( 3 people) and there is a lot’s of grillin   Answer Question

Software Development Consultant Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2010.

Interview Details – Started with phone interview that lasted about 45 mins. Brought in house for about a 3 hour interview. First met with two developers from team, then two IT managers from finance area, then hiring manager and her overseas counterpart.

Interview Question – Hiring manager wanted to know details of the integration testing process at my former company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Account Executive Interview

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was already working for Dell and as such was privy to contacts. I spent time positioning for this role before the actual interview by meeting regularly with potential hiring managers.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty typical and what you would expect. There is nothing that caught me off guard that I can recall.   Answer Question

Services Account Executive Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – Long and drawn out. Do not expect a quick decision. Beware, what is promised is not deliverable. Difficult to get paid commissions - accurately, timely or completely

Negotiation Details – There is none.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dell

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Dell – Why Work for Us?

The focus in Dell for our team members is very much on creating an environment where every individual can be their best and do their best work in service of our customers. Our philosophy toward people is to "build… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell interview questions and advice. All 715 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dell employees and interview candidates.