Dell

Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.9

Senior Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

From initial conversations to offer, Dell recruiting handled the entire process that went very smoothly. I had three rounds of calls with eight people total. All interviewers were concise and asked pointed questions. They were very interested in what I had done in previous roles. From interviews to decision, the process went quickly.

Configuration Services Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

Applied for the job on Dell's website and received a phone call later that morning from the hiring manager. He asked if I could come in that afternoon for an informal interview to tour Dell and to see the day to day workings of the position. After the tour a formal interview was scheduled for the following day. Overall a great experience and very polite and professional group of people.

Interview Questions
    • What does RAID stand for and what does it do? Also was asked to install several parts into a desktop, laptop and server in 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Global Sales Operations Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dell.

First round interview through campus recruiting, great experience. Very mellow, first round is with a professional recruiter then later rounds would be with other employees. Overall, I felt like it was not very difficult but was only a 1st round and a super friendly person. Know your resume, do some research about the company and you should be fine! I think fit is key, try to be friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Why Dell? What attracted you to this positio? Walk me through your resume... pretty standard.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dell.

It was pretty relaxed. It was a phone interview where I was asked stuff written on my resume. The interviewer inquired about the projects I have done and all. I was asked if I was interested in Dell and their internship openings.

Software Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dell.

Applied through career fair and got the interview immediately after talking with the recruiter. The interview is held next day in a hotel and I went there to talk with just the same recruiter on career fair. Even though he has already known almost everything on the resume, he went on asking deeper. I didn't do well on one of them, I think it might be the reason why I didn't get the offer.

Applications Management Analyst L2 Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dell in February 2015.

After application on Dell Job board was excited that after Morgan Stanley this was supposed my second big Break Through. Recruiter Contacted me and scheduled a time for telephonic talk. After she was satisfied She setup an interview with onsite Lead Analyst. He was really good and experienced he asked me each and every details and i answered it at a point he was 99% satisfied.

Then he asked me about what i want and why Dell ? and i answered.

Then i was told that i will give my feedback to my manager and may be he or some one else from my team will take your interview if they are further interested.

My interview was on Friday and Monday was president day so i mailed her Tuesday ...asking if she have feedback for me ? Didn't received her response on 3rd day too. I guess she was not provided feedback from Nashville. I called off all other interviews with a hope of getting this job where i can do something.

All i want is they be clear . If YES then say yes if NO then say no and if she didn't got feedback then at least say that. As a professional I have also taken interview and sometimes i also waited for week and after taking interview i give feedback selecting the best person. Its totally fine and acceptable but Giving NO RESPONSE makes a negative thought of loosing hope of getting that Job.

Plus i never blame any company employees as they take interview they are doing their job and duty. If they rejects me then also i will accept it as my fault or somewhere i might be lacking . I will groom my self with required technical skills , Improve my self and then will appear for interview for some other company.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have ITIL certification ?   View Answer
    • Are you ready to work on Weekends ? as we have lot weekend activities.   View Answer
    • I was asked basic unix & oracle commands.   View Answer

Manager of Quality Leads Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in February 2015.

Panel interview with 3 Managers. Questions were about past experiences and how to handle managing up and dealing with consent change. Each interview at Dell is different than the last, as there is no set structure in place that the interview team must follow.

Interview Questions
    • Experiences on how to handles different direct report issues.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell in February 2015.

On Campus MBA Intern Interview completed at the University of Texas at Austin. The position was to work out of Round Rock, TX for the summer and potentiallytransition into a full time opportunity

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Dell. The group seems a bit decentralized and disorganized. Was not overly impressed with the process.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell in February 2015.

Applied online and get back 2 weeks later. 20 minutes long at first talk.
    He talked about his team and what the project is, and I talked about what I have done previously. Relaxing and no technical questions.
    Days later they will have more members in a team to talk with me again.

B2B Marketing Interview

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Friendly and conversational. Asked questions about what sort of impact I would like to have on the company and how I would go about doing so. Very passionate about the company