Dell

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.9

MBA Interview

It was a one stage interview with 2 people that lasted about 40 minutes. My experience was covered in great detail. I was asked questions on what kind of working environment I was looking for, what my strengths were, what leadership was to me and given a case question at the end. It was very conversational in style and I made sure to give them good reasons why I wanted to work for them, what I knew about them. I also followed up with substantive questions at the end.

Various Positions In Mid-level Management Interview

Mostly behavioral interviews with one or two managers. Competency-based interviews. Focus on driving for results, leadership abilities, ability to deal with and manage change.
    Hiring managers usually do not have much leeway on salary/benefits negotiations.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell.

I had an on-campus interview. The interview was not technical - the interviewer was very friendly, asked about my past experiences and strengths/weaknesses. There was only one round of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to be adaptable/flexible given the resources you have.   Answer Question

Nov 17, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience. Congratulations on your offer!

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Recruiter contacted me, was a bit rude in the process, but company intrigued me. There was no phone screen. They called me in for an interview based on my resume. Was a very uncoordinated process and met with different individuals from different teams. There were no difficult questions, more about daily processes. Hiring manager was supposed to meet with me but bailed for another commitment and never rescheduled. I never heard back from HR either. Horribly run organization.

Nov 17, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

We are terribly disappointed and sorry to learn of your poor experience. Your post will be shared with our teams to further determine what we can do better in the future. Thank you for taking the ... More

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dell.

Apply on Dell job, had a on campus interview. Two engineering managers asked me questions about my project. Interviewing with Dell is honestly the best interview experience I've ever had. Much better than Google, Microsoft. The people who interviewed me made me feel like they really care, and they are actually trying to see if I am a good fit for a job in Dell. Overall it's a great experience

Nov 17, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Dell. We are happy to hear that your experience was so positive. Best of luck to you!

Senior Product Marketing Strategist Interview

The hiree will go thru multiple interviews with director level management people and will also need to show the engineering level interviewers that they can span both areas. The areas of interest tend to be around both Strategy capabilities and command skills as well as ability to work with teams to lead them down the proper paths.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in your career to help leap frog technology processes.   Answer Question

Nov 12, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience. We are thrilled you accepted your offer and look forward to you joining the company!

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dell.

Had a bit of a weird experience. The interview was by no means difficult (behavioral questions mostly). But the interviewer was wearing tennis shoes and began to take on a very apathetic tone as soon as he found out I was applying to other firms in addition to Dell. Could very well have been a fluke, but not a great experience nonetheless.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked in a group and there was a disagreement.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Dell as a company?   Answer Question

Nov 17, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are definitely a more casual culture here at Dell but apathy during an interview is not welcome. We will share your comments with our team internally so that we may ... More

Software Engineer Interview

I was asked for technical interviews with two different groups, no HR part involved so far. Applied through university. Interview invitation sent by email. We got a free dinner (dell networking event) the night before interview day.

Interview Questions
    • Basic data structure, string manipulation, pointers. Since I learned about these during freshmen year, I pretty much forgot most of these when I was interviewed. I didn't review because I thought first round should be HR, but I was wrong...   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dell.

I found out about this position through a posting online and was particularly interested in it because it was based in France. The online application was slightly confusing and ended up submitting my application before I actually finished. I tried to reach out to the Montpellier office (which was where I applied) but it was almost invisible. What's worse is that they when I looked up the same position in the USA, the responsibilities were more technical and refined vs the france one which seemed like any jane doe with some computer skills could do.

Oct 29, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are working diligently on improving our job descriptions worldwide. Our objective is to ensure that the responsibilities are clearly understood and an accurate ... More

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell.

It was a campus interview. I submitted my application through campus recruiting and was invited to a 30-minute interview a few days later. They did a tag-team interview with two recruiters. They will respond within a few weeks about whether or not I'll have a second email.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you did not agree with someone with whom you were working. How did you handle the situation and what were the results?   Answer Question

Nov 19, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience interviewing with Dell. Your feedback will help our Recruiting team improve as well as provide insight to future candidates.