Dell

Updated Aug 25, 2014
809 interviews

2.9

Technical Account Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell in June 2014.

Completed the Dell online employee form
    Contacted by Talent Acquisition team and reviewed resume; high level summary of role and I agreed it was a fit.
    Phone screened with 2 current Technical Account Managers. Asked technical questions regarding my experience with:
    - Storage - Isci and FC and the benefits of each
    - Server - Models I've worked with, current Dell servers or IBM/HP that I've wok
    - Networking knowledge - light stuff like ICMP, SNMP, IP
    - Presentation skills
    - Leadership roles
    - Sales ability

Lasts about 30 minutes. Pass and you're recommended to TAM Manager interview.

I was light in my presentation and went blank on server models I've worked with. Know the job description and apply your background to it and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't very difficult, I just drew a blank when they asked me about my past server experience. It's not a hands-on role so I was not prepared. I did not know the model of servers I worked with because there were so many and I didn't think it would matter. Also, my past experience had no public speaking involvement. I never presented to C levels, only other technical people.   Answer Question

Order Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Manager are eager to hire, and always in a rush because the company is on a "on going job hiring freeze". Once HR release and allow job openings, these are only available for a week or less. Managers have very little time to interview and/or hire, and if that does not happened ASAP, manager just cant. Most of they will do competency questions and will as for your star examples, be prepare.

Interview Questions
    • As they are all competency questions, they are all difficult and expected. just be prepare   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase was easy, I asked for double what I really wanted, and I got what I was looking after from the beginning. I was lucky. Not a norm.

Supply Chain Interview

There was an online application process with the option to upload a resume. The interview was done in person on my campus. It was a very routine interview lasting about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to go outside your job description to perform a task?   Answer Question

Network Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in November 2013.

Initial round was screening with basic networking questions. Then another round of phone interview (very technical). Also stressed on my past experience and university projects. Overall, was a great experience and also never expected them to get back within 2 days

Mechanical Associate Engineer I Interview

The interview process started after I submitted my resume with with a 45-minute phone interview, then an in-person interview at an off-site location. Interviews were mostly informal and conversational. The interviewer was friendly and genuinely interested in me.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience dealing with non-engineering customers?   Answer Question

Dell Response

Aug 19, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your feedback on your interview experience. We will share your feedback with our Recruiting leaders and appreciate the time you took share your thoughts. Congratulations on your offer ... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

The onsite interview consisted of 4 (1 of them being with HR) 1:1 interviews, each interview being around 30 mins. each, and they covered both technical/problem-solving and behavioral questions. The sessions were pretty laid-back and informal and started off with some bit of chit-chatting followed by an understanding of what was expected from the role, what I had done previously of the same nature, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The "Three Light Switches" riddle, which one can answer (and I could fortunately) on the spot one thinking through but it was a bit unexpected but a good way of testing problem solving in my opinion.   Answer Question

GSD TAM Services Senior Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Dell.

You must prepare for this interview. Though the first round is basic. Such questions as how many people have you managed. The how many within Dell. Problem solving is a part of this interview. You will be asked to submit at lease two problems and how you would solve them. People conflicts within your team and solving them. Management conflicts and solving them.

Interview Questions
    • What do I see as somthing that lacks value in my current position?   View Answer

Web Content Editor Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in June 2014.

The interview was somewhat stiff and brief; definitely corporatey feel to it. Remote dialed in participants didn't participate, just listened, which was odd to me but that's probably just part of their HR protocol. Overall though, nice people, straightforward process.

Global Alliance Manager Position Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Dell in August 2010.

First interview was a 15 min phone conversation with the technical recruiter. Then I had a dinner with the hiring manager, which then schedule a half-day meeting with 4 other peers. Final interview was with the VP of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was out of the ordinary, the questions were aligned to the position I was applying for and made you think, though answerable.   Answer Question
    There was zero negotiation in the offer, it was stated that was their best and only offer.

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in January 2013.

HR calls and setup a phone interview with hiring manager. Then there will be four rounds of technical interviews. Once selected then HR negotiation happens. The whole process takes about 1 month or sometime it could take more depending on the selection process.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!