Dell Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015
1,090 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. First interview on the phone, second on the phone as well. After couple of week in person interview was to be arranged. Since I was busy with other things at that time had to postpone the interview. By then I was seriously questioning whether to go for the second interview or not.

Interview Questions

• How much do I know about Dell as a company and its products.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

I was referred by a friend for the position. I waited 3 weeks and received an email for an in person interview. I went in and met with 2 managers for about an hour. I waited over a week and did not hear anything. I was told I would get feedback by the middle of the following week. I get told I'm overqualified and should apply for Project Management. I have since then and have not heard a thing. I have since moved on. Another recruiter contacted me a month and a half later telling me I didn't get the position I interviewed for. I already knew this. Very disorganized and slow.

TSR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a sales position. The process was pretty quick and easy overall. The recruiter was very helpful and shot the offer out when I passed the interview process and drug test.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screened with the hiring manager after applying directly through their site. We talked generally about my background, and he explained who he was looking to hire. Contacted by a recruiter to give some in depth information about the role. She had her HR colleagues contact me to schedule a time to come on-site. I came in and met with 4 different people, including the hiring manager I had already spoken with. I sent in some materials for them to review the next day and heard back two days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you launched a product   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

it's pretty straight forward. Discuss your hunter mentality and your ability to get to the decision maker. Sandlers method. Strip line them and close them. Be prepared about the products and why you would fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a scenario where you had a tough customer experience and how you turn them around?   1 Answer

Dell Response

Jul 29, 2015 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your interview experience review and welcome to Dell! We love our employee referrals and are thrilled to hear that you were referred by one of our Dell team members.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied with temp service, interviewed with 2 people as they are hiring fast recieved notice within 2 days. Be careful as they expect perfection. I receive feedback on the day of the interview and did not get hired due to I didn't give them a resume (which they already have)and didn't explain my background well enough.

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

2 phone interview and 2 meeting in person. Met with the hiring manager and the nationals sales manager for the region. I also met with the district sales manager. I also knew the technical VP and a rep. Thought I was perfect for this job.

Interview Questions

• How did you measure success   1 Answer

BI Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Heard back from Recruiter 1. She scheduled a phone call, asked basic questions. Recruiter 2 then emailed and said I and Recruiter 3 will be handling the process. Skype interviewed scheduled. Was a technical interview. I felt I asked all their questions. Received an email 1 week later from Recruiter 3. Said you are on the list, will update you. 2 weeks go by, received another email. team is interviewing candidates, you are still on the list. I reached out 2 weeks after the last email asking for update. Recruiter 3 sends an email, let me ask the team. Recruiter 2 then schedules another skype interview with Tech Lead and Hiring Manager. Skype interview was postphoned due to the team's conflict. Rescheduled another skype interview. Slightly longer than an hour skype call. First half was techincal, then with Hiring Manager. Felt I did okay. Received an email 10 days later, they selected some one else.

Business Systems Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

The interview process was the same as many others. The first screening was with the hiring manager, two team leads, a client representative and the account executive. Once I passed the screening, a face to face interview took place within a week or so. With a week thereafter, my hiring was conditionally approved. The position needed to be restructured to allow me to join the organization. This process took another two (2) months. Once I signed the offer letter, it was another month before I was on-boarded.

Director Interview

Application

Interview

Separate interviews with multiple different people, all were 1-1 and there were no panels. Phone interviews at first then progressed to on site. Phone interviews were with people in different parts of the world. Some interviewers took the process more seriously than others - ie they prepped and were not distracted, others not so much.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work at Dell type stuff. Typical questions overall. Generally good people though 1 (out of 5-6) asked for some inappropriate information from a previous company.   Answer Question