Dell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Staff Interview

Software Developer Staff
Round Rock, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dell in July 2014.

Interview Details – Had a phone round with the hiring manager and then onsite.
The phone screen was going over my background and asked a few core Java questions.
It took them about 3 weeks to get back to me after the phone screen
The onsite interview was 4 rounds 30-45 mins each. Couple of whiteboard coding and design questions.
The people seemed friendly and passonate about their work.
Got the offer the next day.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. the design question probably was the hardest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate. Was offered more that I expected with bonus and relocation.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Dell

Interview Details – phone than real than go to the place and talked to the branch manager, got in in no time only took about twenty miutes to interview. after waited about three weeks to get a respond.

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Service Delivery Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter
2 phone interviews
final, in-person interview
You either get an offer, or not
If you get an offer, you can negotiate for a better deal
accept the offer
background / drug test
The last step is orientation.

Interview Question – ITIL based questions. What is your strongest asset? Weakest?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Client Support Specialist/Technician Interview

Client Support Specialist/Technician

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dell.

Interview Details – After applying to Dell Federal Services online I received a phone call in about two weeks. This initial call's purpose was to set up a phone interview with a Talent Acquisition Specialist who calls you at the time of your choosing. The interview is fairly quick. They ask you to give them details of IT experience and also ask you to tell them a bit about Active Directory.
Shortly afterwards they talk about salary and compensation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was only one offer made

Campus Ambassador Interview

Campus Ambassador

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in June 2014.

Interview Details – Mosaic reached out to me for this position because I had recently applied for a different position so they had my resume. Then I had one interview with the Mosaic recruiter, followed by an interview with my now-manager. I also had to use HireVue to answer questions online, which is really awkward because you just have to talk to your own face.

Interview Question – Very general questions - why do you want this job? What will you bring to this role? Etc.   Answer Question

Jul 14, 2014

Hi! Thank you for your interview review. We are glad to hear you accepted the offer to be a campus ambassador! Virtual interviewing can be awkward at first, but hopefully you felt more comfortable ... More

Systems Administrative Senior Analyst Interview

Systems Administrative Senior Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell in June 2013.

Interview Details – Dell is a great place to work.. Working atmosphere and environment is too good here. At the time of Interview i was asked about myself and few questions regarding the initiatives i had taken in previous organizations.. There were also few queries from Unix, SQL and Java.

Interview Question – Please tell us 1 negative thing in yours and also why should we hire you.   Answer Question

Jul 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience interviewing with Dell. We are thrilled to hear that the turn around for your interview was so quick, that you had a positive experience and you ... More

Head of CRM Interview

Head of CRM

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in April 2010.

Interview Details – Met with Head of HR, then Hiring Manager, then CMO. All of the interactions were face to face in my situation because I was on site as a consultant as part of an engagement with Dell.

Negotiation Details – Very fair

Jul 16, 2014

Hello! We love employee referrals at Dell! Since you were one yourself, we hope you will also share some of your friends with us a possible candidates. Thanks for the feedback of your experience!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Round Rock, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Dell in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through my University. The interview was pretty straight forward covering prior sales experience. They run through the basic interview questions, like what your strengths and weaknesses are. Also, they ask a good amount of technology related questions. You are interviewed by a panel of 2-3 people and are expected to go through a mock sales presentation.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offers

Very Difficult Interview

Inside Sales Representative I Interview

Inside Sales Representative I
Round Rock, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dell in June 2014.

Interview Details – The first half of the interview was amazing. Very easy, they got to know me as a person. The second half of the interview was not what I had expected. My recruiter told me to have an understanding of one of the products I would be generating leads for but when I got into the interview they wanted me to give a thorough explanation of all of the products, draw a diagram explaining their functions, then sell it to them. I don't see how that is possible if a person doesn't have the proper training.

Interview Questions

Interaction and Visual Design Senior Engineer Interview

Interaction and Visual Design Senior Engineer
Round Rock, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Interview Details – The process was fairly straight forward. Getting started was the hard part. I met several team members at a conference and was recruited by them. However, the process slowed a snails pace. They were interested and so was I, but many emails went unanswered. Once the human relations coordinator was in place the process became very smooth.

I went through several layers of phone interviews including HR, hiring manager, director, and design peers. They then invited me to visit Round Rock, TX for an onsite all day interviews. The onsite interview day started with meeting the hiring manager face to face, who then passed me off through a series of manager, director and peer interviews. It made for a long and tiring day.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were fairly set on their salary and bonus offering, it was a good solid offer so I accepted.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!