Dell

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.9

Dell Computers Sales Interview

I have wanted to work for Dell for a long time, so when I finally got a chance to interview I was most excited. However despite not getting an offer, I do not think that this is the type of place I would want to work anyway. Upon entering the room with the interviewer, I was simply asked in a rude tone "why would I hire you"

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dell in February 2014.

Applied through campus jobs portal and got called for an on-campus interview. Interview was pretty laid-back, mostly asked me my career prospects and how I liked my major. Nothing nerve wrecking. The interviewer was not looking for anything in specific skills-wise but mostly if your personality would fit the company and if you would be a proactive employee.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was not technical so no questions were actually difficult.   Answer Question

Dell Response

Sep 18, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review your interview. We are glad you had a positive experience and are joining Dell!

Senior Analyst Interview

There were 2 rounds of Interview. One technical and another HR. The technical interview went really well. But the HR interview went little uncomfortable as the offer was too low. But, there were no much options, I had to accept the offer.

I couldn't manage to get what I have demanded but accepted whichever they offered.

Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Dell.

Process was a 6 week process from applying to offer. Interview was fairly standard. They were many unexpected questions but I answered according to my experience. Typical interview questions ranging from behavioral and prior experience.

Client Technical Support Senior Associate Interview

HR round -> Versent -> Technical Round. Technical round is also Ops round. Ops manager is a floor manager. They are very good and very friendly. They are straight forward and ask technical questions.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Dell in May 2014.

First round interviews was a panel of 3. Was not intense but validating whats on your resume and experience to do the job. My recommendation would be to be confident and don't lie on your resume because they will expose you. Be prepared for the panel type interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are things that are deal breakers in the role for you?   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dell in June 2014.

Completed the Dell online employee form
    Contacted by Talent Acquisition team and reviewed resume; high level summary of role and I agreed it was a fit.
    Phone screened with 2 current Technical Account Managers. Asked technical questions regarding my experience with:
    - Storage - Isci and FC and the benefits of each
    - Server - Models I've worked with, current Dell servers or IBM/HP that I've wok
    - Networking knowledge - light stuff like ICMP, SNMP, IP
    - Presentation skills
    - Leadership roles
    - Sales ability

Lasts about 30 minutes. Pass and you're recommended to TAM Manager interview.

I was light in my presentation and went blank on server models I've worked with. Know the job description and apply your background to it and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't very difficult, I just drew a blank when they asked me about my past server experience. It's not a hands-on role so I was not prepared. I did not know the model of servers I worked with because there were so many and I didn't think it would matter. Also, my past experience had no public speaking involvement. I never presented to C levels, only other technical people.   Answer Question

Order Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dell in May 2011.

Manager are eager to hire, and always in a rush because the company is on a "on going job hiring freeze". Once HR release and allow job openings, these are only available for a week or less. Managers have very little time to interview and/or hire, and if that does not happened ASAP, manager just cant. Most of they will do competency questions and will as for your star examples, be prepare.

Interview Questions
    • As they are all competency questions, they are all difficult and expected. just be prepare   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase was easy, I asked for double what I really wanted, and I got what I was looking after from the beginning. I was lucky. Not a norm.

Supply Chain Interview

There was an online application process with the option to upload a resume. The interview was done in person on my campus. It was a very routine interview lasting about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to go outside your job description to perform a task?   Answer Question

Network Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dell in November 2013.

Initial round was screening with basic networking questions. Then another round of phone interview (very technical). Also stressed on my past experience and university projects. Overall, was a great experience and also never expected them to get back within 2 days

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!