Dell Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015
1,054 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

it's pretty straight forward. Discuss your hunter mentality and your ability to get to the decision maker. Sandlers method. Strip line them and close them. Be prepared about the products and why you would fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a scenario where you had a tough customer experience and how you turn them around?   1 Answer

Dell Response

Jul 29, 2015 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your interview experience review and welcome to Dell! We love our employee referrals and are thrilled to hear that you were referred by one of our Dell team members.

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

2 phone interview and 2 meeting in person. Met with the hiring manager and the nationals sales manager for the region. I also met with the district sales manager. I also knew the technical VP and a rep. Thought I was perfect for this job.

Interview Questions

• How did you measure success   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied with temp service, interviewed with 2 people as they are hiring fast recieved notice within 2 days. Be careful as they expect perfection. I receive feedback on the day of the interview and did not get hired due to I didn't give them a resume (which they already have)and didn't explain my background well enough.

BI Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Heard back from Recruiter 1. She scheduled a phone call, asked basic questions. Recruiter 2 then emailed and said I and Recruiter 3 will be handling the process. Skype interviewed scheduled. Was a technical interview. I felt I asked all their questions. Received an email 1 week later from Recruiter 3. Said you are on the list, will update you. 2 weeks go by, received another email. team is interviewing candidates, you are still on the list. I reached out 2 weeks after the last email asking for update. Recruiter 3 sends an email, let me ask the team. Recruiter 2 then schedules another skype interview with Tech Lead and Hiring Manager. Skype interview was postphoned due to the team's conflict. Rescheduled another skype interview. Slightly longer than an hour skype call. First half was techincal, then with Hiring Manager. Felt I did okay. Received an email 10 days later, they selected some one else.

Business Systems Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dell.

Interview

The interview process was the same as many others. The first screening was with the hiring manager, two team leads, a client representative and the account executive. Once I passed the screening, a face to face interview took place within a week or so. With a week thereafter, my hiring was conditionally approved. The position needed to be restructured to allow me to join the organization. This process took another two (2) months. Once I signed the offer letter, it was another month before I was on-boarded.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

when you first pull up to the area it is a little overwhelming. It's a fortress lol no really. Took me about twenty minutes to find the right building. Once I got to the building I went into the visitor entrance. The lady up front was friendly. Gave me a visitor badge and asked me to take a seat. After ten minutes I was greeted by a staff member kindly asking me to come to the back. Once we walked a good distance we made it to the room. It was another gentleman in the room that was also doing the interview. The sales manager) and there were two gentlemen on the phone who were decision makers. They all fired away questions typical interview questions, and allowed me to ask at the end. All in all it was nerve wrecking at first because that's the first time in a while I had to interview and with that many people, but they were nice even though I could have been better.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to handle a disgruntled employee and how you handles it.   Answer Question

Dell Response

Jun 1, 2015 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with Dell and our visitors to our Glassdoor page. The location in Round Rock can be daunting but sounds like things went really well! Congrats on your ... More

Director Interview

Application

Interview

Separate interviews with multiple different people, all were 1-1 and there were no panels. Phone interviews at first then progressed to on site. Phone interviews were with people in different parts of the world. Some interviewers took the process more seriously than others - ie they prepped and were not distracted, others not so much.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work at Dell type stuff. Typical questions overall. Generally good people though 1 (out of 5-6) asked for some inappropriate information from a previous company.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dell (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

First interview on phone with recruiter. Then had phone interview with hiring VP. Last phone interview with VP's boss. Last step was to interview in person with peers and hiring VP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you have managed. Most questions were very specific to the role and function and were not general interview questions. Big boss asked the typical strengths/opportunities question. Others again were more specific to the function.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dell in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with two sales managers. General questions, but grilled you on some topics. I was rushed in the process, but I think they were trying to make a decision quickly. Overall, not a bad interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume. What do you think your biggest challenge about this job would be?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dell.

Interview

N/A I do not have anymore to add to this box. The process differs with each group or division of the company. The process is very organized and consist. I would recommend the company to anyone